• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ACT] Canberra Colosseum 15 | BAM 7 Qualifier | April 26, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tin Man

Smash Hero

Canberra Colosseum 15

@

Featuring

Super Smash Bros Melee
Project M

Facebook event link ------->

Venue: Manning Clarke Centre at the Australian National University

Canberra Smash Players - The Facebook group & central hub of the ACT Smash Community!

The best way to stay in the loop with the Canberra smash community is to join this Facebook group! Updates on our weekly meets at the ANU, monthly tournaments, out of state tournaments, global smash news and plenty more are all posted here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CanberraSmashPlayers

Prices:

TBA

Payouts:

8 or more entrants

1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

7 or less entrants

1st place: 70%
2nd place: 30%

*Payouts are subject to change based on attendance.*

Schedule:

10 am - 6 pm

TBA

The above schedule will be revised for this tournament, please stay tuned for updates!

*scheduled times are approximate*

Food:

Dominos and Subway are walking distance from the venue. There's also a convenience store and a few restaurants in the area as well. There's even more food options nearby the bus interchange and inside the Canberra Centre

Melee rules:

TBA

Project M rules:

TBA

Resolving pool ties

In the event two or more players are tied at the conclusion of a round of pools, the following process will be done:

Players will be compared with each other on various criteria in this ordered precedence:​
  1. Set Wins
  2. Wins
  3. Losses
  4. Head to head
  5. One Game Rematch

General rules:
  • No alcohol​
  • Don't smell, please shower​
  • Tournament matches have priority over friendlies & Money Matches. Money Matches have priority over friendlies​
  • By entering this tournament, you agree to play your tournament matches on any setup the TOs request you to use​
  • You also agree to playing your tournament matches at the time the TOs request you to play them​
  • Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face​

Last edited:

Blessedmilk

Smash Rookie
Hello, my name is Blessedmilk or Milky, I have never been to a super smash event, and I am considering going, just depends if I can make the drive. Also how many people normally go to these events?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
This is the second event. There are results in the OP (original post). Last time we had 9 people and I expect it to go up from there!

If you're interested in driving over, please PM me. I can help you fill up your carpool, which will help you with gas expenses. I can also look into providing you and your carpool some housing to make the drive less strenuous on you :).

Blessedmilk

Smash Rookie
Thanks sounds like fun, I will be driving from schoolies so it would be preferable to come back the same night (thanks for the offer), we are in Sutherland NSW so it should be a 3 or 4 hour drive. I have decided that I will come, and can carpool probably take 3 or 4 people, depends if one of my friends is coming.

PaulieProcket

Smash Cadet
Yooo I'm looking forward to this :) I'll definitely be able to make it down and try to find out who else from NSW is gonna make the trip. I'll search for a ride down a week or so before it depending on who can / can't go etc

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Canberra Colosseum 6

In less than a week, Canberra Colosseum 6 is happening! And with a new low tier tournament in the mix, it will be interesting to see how the results turn out.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
How come Apollo hasn't entered Brawl the last few times? He's still in ACT right?

Scubadee

Smash Rookie
Hi my name is Scuba I'm completely new to competitive smash. I have played smash since 64 but just as a kid. Since the release of 3DS I have been interested in playing the game competitively but am not sure exactly how I should approach the community. I can beat bots on 9 difficulty easily and match up fairly well on online play. Is this enough experience to attend an event with a serious attitude? I really feel like a babe in the woods when it comes to competitive play lol. If anyone feels like giving me some advice it would be really appreciated you can PM me or just reply to this post, however things work on this board.
Thanks. :)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Hi my name is Scuba I'm completely new to competitive smash. I have played smash since 64 but just as a kid. Since the release of 3DS I have been interested in playing the game competitively but am not sure exactly how I should approach the community. I can beat bots on 9 difficulty easily and match up fairly well on online play. Is this enough experience to attend an event with a serious attitude? I really feel like a babe in the woods when it comes to competitive play lol. If anyone feels like giving me some advice it would be really appreciated you can PM me or just reply to this post, however things work on this board.
Thanks. :)
Welcome to the community! Everyobody starts from somewhere and there's no minimum skill requirement for any event haha!

Join this Facebook group to stay in the loop with all of the happenings in Canberra, AUS: www.facebook.com/groups/canberrasmashplayers

We also have a tournament coming up this Saturday. It's in the pined post of the Facebook group :).

Tin Man

Smash Hero
__________CANBERRA COLOSSEUM 10 RESULTS__________

Thanks again to everyone that came out to yesterday's tournament! Results have been uploaded can can be found through the following link:

http://smashboards.com/threads/canb...ustralia-results-shoutouts-25-10-2014.375053/

The next tournament will be on November 29th so Good luck with Exams (if you have them) and I look forward to seeing y'all at the next tournament and the upcoming meets :)

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Will Brawl be run at the November monthly? Given that it's just before Smash Wii U is released I think it would be manageable, although I accept that it might be the last time Brawl appears as anything more than a side event.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
In preparation for ZEAL, I was leaning more towards hosting Smash 4, Melee, and PM with a doubles event for one of the three (leaning towards Smash 4 atm).

Tin Man

Smash Hero
The results for Canberra Colosseum 11 & 12 are officially up! Please follow the links below to find the results pages.

Canberra Colosseum 11: http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...ustralia-results-shoutouts-29-11-2014.389394/

Canberra Colosseum 12: http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...australia-results-shoutouts-31-1-2015.389396/

With these results going up, a Power Rankings update for Melee and Project M will be in the works! As for Smash 4, a Power Ranking will be formed for that after the next wave of smash tourneys (so in 4 months/after May) in order to gain more results to pull from. Results will be tallied from all of the Wii U tourneys (hence from ZEAL onward). If there are any changes on this plan, notice will be given when appropriate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom