• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ACT and Caotic Present - Business Time 2! date confirmed, 28th and 29th of august

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
The ACT, in collaboration with Caotic Presents ACT's Greatest tourney yet.

Buisness Time 2!

OMG GET HYPE!!

You know when I'm down to my socks what time it is, its business time, its time for business

This is one Tourney you dont want to miss, if you do you'll make jon sad

or you'll end up like this guy

When?
Late August, Exact Date TBA

Where:
National Hockey Centre, 196 Mouat St Lyneham
the room is called the carter brown room

What do I need to bring:
Tv's and Wii's are always appreciated and help things run smoother, aside from that, you need to bring a controller.

Also entry fee, $5 venue fee plus $5 for each event you wish to enter.

Also, you are encouraged to Wear Business attire (a suit or something of similar fasion)

monetary Prize's:
you bet! unlike other TO's who suggest they have the best prize pots in the country, I actually do (at least for player to prize size ratio)

Other info:
Dickson shops is nearby and there will be a lunch break sometime during the day.
there are also some vending machines and a cafe downstairs from the room we're in.

Events?

Firstup will be Brawl singles, which will be something a little different from the normal, so make sure you check out the ruleset, there will also be Brawl Doubles and Melee singles (possibly doubles depending on timeframes)

Rules:

ok so how does it work? First up players will be split into a number of pools, which will be seeded, and the top 'x' number of people will move through past pools into a double elimination bracket (x number to be decided on the day depending on time and numbers)

As for the actual ruleset I'll be doing something a little different and debuting my own ruleset, the 'Atyeo ruleset' (for lack of a better name) - ruleset subject to change in regards to points and whatnot -
Each player must pick 3 characters before each set and write them down on a piece of paper, which their starting character specified (the order for the other 2 characters doesnt need to be pre determined)

Each Team cannot excede 12 'character points'
which is basically a way to balance out the teams in regards to the tier list - see below

Each team cannot have duplicates of the same character

S :metaknight: Worth 8 Character points

HIGH
A :snake: :diddy: :falco: :popo: :marth: :warioc: Worth 7 Character points
B :dedede: :pikachu2: :olimar: :lucario: :gw: Worth 6 Character points

Middle
C :pit: :toonlink: :zerosuitsamus: :kirby2: :rob: Worth 5 Character points
D :dk2: :peach: :fox: :luigi2: :wolf: Worth 4 Character points
E :shiek: :pt: :sonic: :ness2: :bowser2: Worth 3 Character points

Low
F :lucas: :ike: :yoshi2: :mario2: :falcon: :samus2: :jigglypuff: Worth 2 Character points
G :zelda: :link2: :ganondorf: Worth 1 Character points

Each players team will face off in a crew style battle

so the first match is played out between both players starting characters using the general rules as listed below, the winner of the first match carrys over his remaining stocks on his character into the next battle (for example if there was a wolf V samus and the wolf won with 2 stock remaining, the next match would begin with wolf having 2 stock against the samus players next character) and so on untill 1 player has no more characters left.

General rules:

• 3 Stock
  • 8 minute timer - Tedeths rule, in the event of a time out both players lose stock untill 1 run outs (so for instance if the timer runs out when player X has 3 stock and player Y has 2 stock, both players would lose 2 stock, if the stocks are equal then both lose the same amount of stock, note that if this happens on both players last characters then the winner is determined by who has the least amount of %)
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"

• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors (best of 1)
  • Daves supid rule 'No player may counterpick a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.'
  • In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
  • Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
  • If a game ends with any of the following moves (bowsers suicide claw, Ganons Suicide flame choke, Kirby/d3's suicide inhale) then the victory is given to the person who intiated said move. (note with suicide inhale, ins entirely possible for the player to break out of it mere miliseconds before death, in which case they are shown as being the winner on the results screen and the victory is given to them instead of kirby/d3)
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Stage striking: For the First match of each set you each take turns in 'striking' and stage from the starter list until 1 remains, you then play on that level. The player that strikes first also gets his or her choice of controller port, if there is a disupte in who will go first, paper-scissors-rock will be played (best of 1) and the winner gets to chose who goes first.
    After that, each successive match is player on a random level with 1 level cancel per set, furthermore each player has 1 counterpick level per set that they may choose to play on at anytime (regardless of whether they won or lost the last match) however in the event that both players wish to invoke their counterpick level, the player who lost the last match has priority.
    at the beginning of the set, each player may also choose 1 stage from the counterpick list to ban, preventing the other player from choosing that when they invoke their counterpick level.
  • Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based or eyesight disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.
  • Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.
  • Stalling is banned.

lukes description of stalling:

any action that that causes a player to be unreachable, such as jigglypuffs rising pound off the top of the screen.
    being wario and constantly running away from and avoiding your opponent is extremely gay/frustrating, but is not stalling since you are still techniaclly reachable and hittable. (this is known as air camping, not stalling)

SBR's description of stalling:

The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
    So now you known doubly what it is, no excuses.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose and record their team for the set
2. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
3. Opponents start the stage striking procedure for the first match - In addition, opponents may ban a stage from the counterpick list at this point.
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 3
5. Any player may invoke their counterpick stage at this point if they havnt used it up yet.
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their next character.
7. If a counterpick stage hasnt been invoked, the level is chosen from the random list at random, and a player may cancel the stage chosen once per set.
8. the match begins with the carryover player suiciding his stocks untill he gets to the number he ended the previous match with.
9. Repeat steps 5-8 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Additional Rules for Double's Play
  • Life Stealing is allowed
  • Set team attack to ON

Stage lists:

Random Stage list:
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counterpick:
Lylat Cruise
Delfino
Halberd
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Pokémon Stadium 2
Pictochat
Final Destination

Doubles Counterpick:
Lylat Cruise
Delfino
Halberd
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Pokémon Stadium 2
Pictochat
Final Destination
Pirate Ship
Hanenbow

Banned:

Rainbow Cruise
Pirate Ship
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Distant Planet
Green Greens
Onett
Mario Circuit
Green Hill Zone
Shadow Moses
Port Town Aero Dive
Bridge of Eldin
Skyworld
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Spear Pillar
Corneria
Hyrule Temple
big blue
New Pork City
Mario Bros.
Wario Ware
Flat Zone 2
75m
Rumble Falls
The Summit
Mushroomy Kingdom I & II
Hanenbow

questions?:
contact me on this site or email me

Attendance:

in your in, let me know please.

Confirmed:

Luke (6/7 tv's, 2 wii's)
Caotic

unconfirmed:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I endorse this tournament. Rest of Australia inc. Melbourne = get *****! (in a friendly, almost wubing way)

Also, amazing ruleset. I can't john because my characters suck anymore!

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I'm already there. Jon took me into the future, and guys, BT2 is going to have been awesome!

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Yeah I'll go. Remember Luke you said PT would be worth 1 point if I get Toby to go, you can't back out you ****er.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll develop the Melee ruleset later tonight and also get the date sorted with Luke!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
sick.

also theres still the possibilty of making it a 2 day event, although we probably wont need it.

normally my tourneys go from around 12 till 8,

but if we were to do say 10/11 till 10 or so, that should be plently of time considering we always have lots of setups and staying out late isnt bad at all in canberra since everythings so close and easy.

I'll house you tibor

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
the side event is the ski trip that cao is organizing.

housing will be taken care of, I can house a fair few people, and cao has a plan up his sleeve aswell.

also I will follow through with my promise liam
but if we get snake v pt I will gay you sooooo hard

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
you should viva, you'll ****ing smash this system, mario, luigi and some other character, get rapeeeeeeeeeed!

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Luke, am I all good to stay at yours again? (with Leish as well I assume)

Otherwise confirmed.

Also, I honestly think you should use the point system Conor thought up (or steal the idea and all credit). It's a bit more balanced, imo.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
A+ op luke

anyone else find it fascinating how ted sits with his eye 3cm away from the tv
is he studying the frames and hitboxes that closely
dayum

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Pretty good Melbourne support so far Luke, take it back!!! (We DO travel! Sometimes :p)

Attila, you're coming anyway because this is a Smash Snowboarding Trip. The availability of certain people that can attend snow related festivities needs to be confirmed before we have a date nailed for this.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I'm as good as confirmed; especially excited for any snow/ICE-related side events too. <3

Hey Scabe, house me plox and we can friendly all night. third time lucky?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
not really up for a roadtrip (guessing canberra doesn't have an airport)

Scabe

Successful Businessman
give a prize to best dressed and ill be there.
I support this idea! Last time hardly anyone dressed up in business attire and I was so disappointed.

I'm as good as confirmed; especially excited for any snow/ICE-related side events too. <3

Hey Scabe, house me plox and we can friendly all night. third time lucky?
I dunno, I've heard that you snore pretty loud :urg:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Flights from Melbourne to Canberra are currently $38 one way wither Tiger. Additionally, there is no direct train service from Melbourne to Canberra. Luke, are you looking to make this a 2-day event to fit in Melee at all? Snow plans are currently undecided, leaning towards unviable, since Canberra isn't as close to the snow resorts as I thought and I'd need more time to coordinate a snow trip properly. August 20-21 or better still, 28-29 works for me btw :)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I'm in and I'll try bring Khoa along again. Dekar you better come and travel with us via train. Who can house? Everyone owes me lawl.

I joke, but seriously I'll need housing.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Jei massive VIC train trip to BT2? I think the only possible answer is a very emphatic '**** Yes!'.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Wtf does 'emphatic' mean?

But yeah that would be cool lol. Also would have to be booked pretty far in advance.

edit: sorry, I just looked up emphatic, not bad Conor, it looked like a typo lol. My bad.

Top Bottom