• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

Tesh

Smash Hero
i dont think brawlman visits the boards often but he got 3rd at a small TX tournament yesterday

True Blue

Smash Lord
Ok recent tournament I went to. Here are the results.
http://smashboards.com/threads/generic-tournament-name-2-road-to-papa.335838/
Generic Tournament Name 2
13th in singles obviously I was sonic.
4th in doubles teamed with the same ike as always.
Team name was funny "City of Risk: Spyro's Adventure"
Literally was thought up cause we combined a bunch of games on the shelf of the store. lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Had a convention tournament. It was kinda k. Have some replays that might get uploaded soon. :applejack:

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
went to a tourney yesterday, placed alright though could have went better. Just i seem to give myself a mental block vs MK, or at least MK when they just spam mach tornado.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm particularly bad at that too. I always seem to be able to beat the "clever" mks that are always planning something, but as ironic as can be I always whiff punishment on tornado. I never run into that move except at tournaments, so I guess I'm just choking while learning.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Went to a tournament at the University yesterday. Took 1st out of 28. After years of retirement scrubs are still scrubs. Won 50 bucks too.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Word.

My school had a tournament of like 40+ people and I took first, making me the three year in a row Brawl champion. Last year was 70+ people though. At least this year it was double elimination and 1v1 for the majority of it. First matches of "pools" were free-for-all for "seeding"... lol.

:093:

Tesh

Smash Hero
There was a huge tournament in TX this past weekend, Got 17th/74(?), didn't do very well overall.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Spring Fighter
http://smashboards.com/threads/spri...smashtournament-june-7-8-brooklyn-nyc.357590/
June 7th
Out of 21
7th - Camalange (Cammy)

Overall, I'd have to say I'm pretty happy with this. It was my first real tournament in years and I took top 8.

I started the hype immediately with my first set. Made a combo video on the spot and already got people recognizing the Sonic.
3 stocked his Diddy first round, JV3'd his ROB the second.

I was sent to losers on stream by a MK that admittedly was pretty good, and by the way things went, I'd have to guess he's played his fair share of Sonics. I thought if I had to play MK it'd be like riding a bike but this guy knew exactly how to shut down my approaches. I can't completely blame it on the rust, but I've played against far more infamous MKs in my day and performed proudly. I guess that's what happens when you leave the scene that long.

I played a Bowser by the name of Limit who I had my eye on all day. I could tell by his movement and decision making that he was a very intelligent player. I'm glad I got the chance to play him, but after round 1 he had to make the switch to Falco. I know Bowser very well from my old days with Vex, who was actually one of the people who taught him. Plus Sonic just takes it in this MU imo. He unfortunately SD'd twice with Falco and I took the set.

Last set was on stream against Dark.Pch. I was really confused at first when I saw his tag earlier that day. I remembered him from like 08-09 from a tournament or two. I've never talked to or played him, but I'd seen him play before and knew of him. He was one of the few people I was worried about since I've never really played a good Peach, and from the looks of things, it seems like he never really stopped playing. I've been learning Peach myself lately so I knew what she was capable of. First round he took pretty handily, but I CP'd him to Lylat Cruise where we were both down to our last stock. My DI/MC was on point that stock and I just kept coming back from everything. Things were tense as hell, but ultimately, he took it. I'll probably share it if it gets uploaded. It was a good set, and I'm not nearly as salty about losing to him as I was the MK.

I'm mostly salty that every set I played on stream I lost. Including Melee, in which I took 5th for doubles. We were eliminated on stream, lol. If the stream matches get uploaded, I'll be looking forward to watching my set with Dark.Pch and shamefully turning my head away from the MK set. I really wish my first set and my set with Limit was recorded though. Limit knew ShadoFiend which I thought was awesome. Still never got the chance to meet him.

btw @ da K.I.D. da K.I.D. - I played this guy TM87 in friendlies. He spoke very highly of you. I played his Lucario a lot with my Sonic and I think I only lost once to it, and even then he still stuck by you. I suppose you and I need to settle this, huh?

Surprised by who all showed up for this. NinjaLink took PM and I had no idea it was him until I saw the thread. Wish I had known or I would've said something.

All in all, good stuff. Felt good to be back.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Ah, sorry man... I think I mentioned it in the social thread a while back. Thought you might've seen it and didn't think to message you about it.

My bad :/

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Zenith 2014
Will update with thread if one is made, but I have this for the time being: http://challonge.com/Zenith2014BrawlSingles/standings
August 2nd
Out of 25
9th - Camalange

I went 4-2... I could've done better, but whatever. Sort of felt off the whole day. I was glad to see some of my fellow PA power ranked players who I hadn't seen in at least 4 years. Saw some people I got to know through Spring Fighter and met new faces.

Talked to Dylan Sprouse for a bit and shook his hand. Seems like a good dude. Just trying to make his first impression of the Smash community as human and respectable as possible.

Overall it was a good experience, yet I couldn't help but feel weird about the whole thing. Just the way Brawl is now. Not trying to beat a dead horse and maybe my area is suffering more than others, but when this game was in it's prime and I was regularly attending, things were so much more lively and exciting.

Now we get 2-3 setups pushed into the corner of the venue with 25 entrants.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
that's just cause this was primarily a melee/pm event. don't be discouraged
Yeah, I kept that in mind too but the last tournament before that I attended had a similar turnout while Melee seems to have something like every other day with exceptional turnouts. I play Melee too and enjoy it, but that doesn't change the facts.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
wtf? beat mikehaze and bardull twice?

inb4randommikehazeentranceandensuingjohns.

beating Mike is quite the accomplishment. but why you lose to him in the more important set?

mk banned... doesnt bardull main mk?

and how many people have to be at a tourney for 1 person to play 2 people 2 times apiece?

well, despite everything else, thats legit.
a few years late mb bro

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, I know Bowser pretty well and I think Sonic just takes the match up. When he went Falco it was unfortunate since he SD'd and at that point I could tell that mentally he wasn't going to recover from it. I'd like to play his Falco again and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom