• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ace Attorney General Thread - Spirit of Justice is out! Go play it!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
As promised, the AA6 anime prologue announced during the live stream has been released, since they far exceeded their target of 18,000 tweets (they reached something like 50,000 in the end). Here it is with English subs:

Some notes:
Kurainese attorneys' badges being called "dragon's eyes", the "a dragon has arrived in this country" line, and so on, are all references to Phoenix's Japanese name, which contains the kanji for "dragon". Can expect these to become references to the phoenix, Kurain's defence attorneys rising from the ashes, and so on in the localisation.

This doesn't necessarily confirm that Blackquill will return, since we don't know yet if anything from this video will actually be used in the game. It does bode well for his chances, though.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
As promised, the AA6 anime prologue announced during the live stream has been released, since they far exceeded their target of 18,000 tweets (they reached something like 50,000 in the end). Here it is with English subs:

Some notes:
Kurainese attorneys' badges being called "dragon's eyes", the "a dragon has arrived in this country" line, and so on, are all references to Phoenix's Japanese name, which contains the kanji for "dragon". Can expect these to become references to the phoenix, Kurain's defence attorneys rising from the ashes, and so on in the localisation.

This doesn't necessarily confirm that Blackquill will return, since we don't know yet if anything from this video will actually be used in the game. It does bode well for his chances, though.
Even if Blackquill is not confirm to apparear like this in-game.
I am still really happy to see him again.
Now...
tumblr_mvo58pA8Ga1qa71j0o2_400.gif

All i need is a cameo of Godot and this game will be a bomb.:denzel:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
The Japanese judge implies that the trial in which Phoenix faces Blackquill is to be continued in the following day. But seeing as how Phoenix is leaving town, perhaps Apollo will pick up the case and face Blackquill as an introduction to his own end of the story? Phoenix is confirmed to face Gaspen Payne in the first Kurain trial, so Apollo may as well take on Blackquill before those two prosecutors are scrapped in favor of Nayuta for the next trials of the game. Because it would be nice to see some Blackquill action in-game, right?

Not counting the bonus cases that involve Klavier and Edgeworth, I can go ahead and subjectively assume that we'll get more than five cases in total in the main game. Maybe seven (four Phoenix, three Apollo; or three cases for each and then the seventh one would have both the protagonists and the sidekicks reunited for the final showdown).

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox

Some notes:

That mini anime prologue was amazing. I really hope Ace Attorney 5 or/and 6 will get an anime adaptation some time later in the future because the studio animating the anime cutscenes for this two games are doing such a great job. The Ace Attorney anime airing in April doesn't look as good as that prologue which is a real shame. I prefer Wright's voice in the prologue too but we'll just have to wait and see how the anime turns out.

Seeing adult Maya in that prologue made me smile non-stop. Nayuta's entrance was pretty badass too. I just love the little things though like the Steel Samurai ringtone and keychain. This makes me even more pumped for AA6. I'm happy to buy any future DLC cases as well.

D

Deleted member

I'm currently playing through Ace Attorney 3 and I found this typo the other day.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Yesterday I finished Ace Attorney Investigations 2. What an amazing game and experience that was, certain parts of case 4 were pretty powerful in particular. I really loved the music and Logic Chess was a great addition. Some of the new characters became some of my favorites in the series and the story itself was fantastic.

Probably the best part about it is all the love and work the translation team put into it. Like, the translation/localization is literally on par with all the other games and if I didn't know better, you could've fooled me into thinking it was done by Capcom themselves. It's that well done. The translation project is a shining example of how powerful fan dedication can be. The fact they did it all for free just makes it even more impressive than it already is.

It really is a shame the game never made it outside of Japan.

I strongly recommend playing it if you haven't already as it really is an adventure worth experiencing.

And with that, I take my leave.

D

Deleted member

Ever wondered what Phoenix Wright would be like on SEGA Genesis? No? Well, here's Ace Attorney music using Sega Genesis audio!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
We have the opening theme for the anime:
I dunno, I don't dislike it, but it's not what I was expecting (not sure why I expected anything different, though). I can make out "Shout Igiari!", "gyakuten", and "justice" in the chorus, but no idea what it's all about.

Only five days to go now...! No sign of an official translation, but it's possible (if not probable) someone will do an unofficial one at some point.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dunno, I don't dislike it, but it's not what I was expecting (not sure why I expected anything different, though). I can make out "Shout Igiari!", "gyakuten", and "justice" in the chorus, but no idea what it's all about.

Only five days to go now...! No sign of an official translation, but it's possible (if not probable) someone will do an unofficial one at some point.
That sounds really good honestly.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

I guess this is relevant?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If that is April fools I will have great sadness.

D

Deleted member

So, just watched the first episode of the Ace Attorney anime.

Some flaws, the case went by real fast but I'd chalk that up to maybe being the first episode. Still was entertaining and I enjoyed it and am looking forward to more episodes. I was happy they started playing AA music when he objected, I also find it funny that people get sent flying when they object lol.

Anyways, one thing I will note is LOL at that ending cutscene. Way to make Maya look like some delicate flower LOL.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, just watched the first episode of the Ace Attorney anime.

Some flaws, the case went by real fast but I'd chalk that up to maybe being the first episode. Still was entertaining and I enjoyed it and am looking forward to more episodes. I was happy they started playing AA music when he objected, I also find it funny that people get sent flying when they object lol.

Anyways, one thing I will note is LOL at that ending cutscene. Way to make Maya look like some delicate flower LOL.
To be fair, she was at that point.

She hadn't developed yet.

Unless there is a way other than Crunchyroll to watch it apparently it doesn't become available for me until next week because i'm not paying.

Crud.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay...

That's just bizarre....

D

Deleted member

How come I didn't receive any notifications? OK...

Anyways, how can I watch the anime? I hope that it's good.
EDIT: Nevermind, a friend gave me a link. From what I saw in the first episode, it's pretty well-animated and very faithful to the original game's first case. I dunno much about anime and I never watched any other anime, so I can't say how it compares to others in terms of quality. Regardless, I liked what I saw.
A bummer is that I was waiting all episode for Pursuit ~ Cornered and it never played. :( Eventually hopefully?
That Objection 2001 remix, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I was disappointed they didn't show Sahwit throwing his wig at Phoenix. :p
It was decent overall, there was a lot of detail cut compared to the game version, but that's probably because they wanted to fit the whole thing into 22 minutes (stretching that case into two episodes would be pretty worthless). Music was good too, except for the lack of Pursuit, of course. Looking forward to the next one.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Both the opening and ending themes for the anime are really good. I'm sorta disappointed because I was expecting that one catchy song from the Pachinko machine trailers to fit into one of those two spots.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Spc2799

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spc2799
Fantastic to see Ema back. My one hope is that we get a Gumshoe return.

Also i watched the first episode of the anime. It was pretty good but it could definitely get better from here. Lets hope it does!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The magic panties have always been so weird.

But I"m starting to grow attacked to them for how much they appear.

A Distant Demon A Distant Demon

Where are you on your Ace Attorney Adventure?

The magic panties have always been so weird.

I have no idea about if they show up in AA5 but now she is a little older and Apollo isn't being called a "master panty finder" so it isn't as bad as in context. . . That was such an awkward case.

A Distant Demon A Distant Demon

Where are you on your Ace Attorney Adventure?
Based on how absurdly long this case is, i'm assuming i'm on the final case of AA Investigations. The way they are talking this is also the final section. If it wasn't so late I would probably beat the game tonight

Alba's theme is surprisingly good.

Last edited:
Yup.

That's Alba.

He's obnoxious, ain't he?
I as suspicious of him because he was self-depreciating (Does that make me suspicious too?) but dang I didn't think it would go like this. His design is pretty cool though.

. . . However he feels insanely shoehorned. The entire game is about the Yatagarasu, the Amano group, and the smuggling ring. You are given a very clear rival in Yew who is linked to all 3. . .and then she isn't even the final boss. Instead it's a guy who had like 2 lines before you challenge him. Shame.

Also is this fanservice, the game?

-Blue bomber badger
-Gumshoe
-Ema
-both Von Karams
-Larry
-Oldbag
-Lotta getting involved with her terrible photography

I guess in a game where you play as Miles Edgeworth that was to be expected. :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Glad to see Trucy and Ema back. We're shaping up for an All-Star cast, isn't it?

Every important character seems to be back. :b:

I love your auto-correct. :p

:231:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Ace Attorney 6 is looking to be the most definitive AA game yet. It's so great to see past supporting characters return. I'm really looking forward to seeing Gumshoe though, it's been sooo long and he looks snazzy with his beard. Ema Skye looks cute as ever, glad she's back! I still need to play Apollo Justice to really appreciate Trucy but she's also a cutie and a prankster.

So I watched the first episode of the AA anime and it was pretty decent. The animation was a bit sloppy at some moments, especially with Wright's face; something about just doesn't seem right. I did like how they made throwbacks to the games though, like the whole courtroom text before a trial and also how Wright made an objection but couldn't back him his claim for finding a contradiction. Hope it continues to go well.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ace Attorney 6 is looking to be the most definitive AA game yet. It's so great to see past supporting characters return. I'm really looking forward to seeing Gumshoe though, it's been sooo long and he looks snazzy with his beard. Ema Skye looks cute as ever, glad she's back! I still need to play Apollo Justice to really appreciate Trucy but she's also a cutie and a prankster.

So I watched the first episode of the AA anime and it was pretty decent. The animation was a bit sloppy at some moments, especially with Wright's face; something about just doesn't seem right. I did like how they made throwbacks to the games though, like the whole courtroom text before a trial and also how Wright made an objection but couldn't back him his claim for finding a contradiction. Hope it continues to go well.
Gumshoe is back?

I demand proof.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Just watched the second episode of the anime. Now that we have the meh introduction case out of the way, I think this is where it will start picking up steam.

They're really out to make Edgeworth look as badass as possible. I wish I could park my car like this:

The pacing seemed good enough. Didn't notice anything major being cut from the game (they could have had Grossberg actually mention the painting at least once, though), and I liked some of the extra touches added here and there, like Phoenix trying his hardest to find another lawyer for Maya before she finally asks him to defend her, and von Karma awarding Edgeworth the King of Prosecutors trophy.

Edgeworth's voice actor is perfect, in my opinion.

They seem to be doing okay with Maya so far - can't really say until they get past this case and she's back to being "herself", though.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Are the episodes available for normal people yet?

Top Bottom