• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

According to Zero, Michigan disrespectul???

Status
Not open for further replies.

oBeast

Smash Cadet
Hi guys, i have been really wanting to get into the tournament scene in michigan. I am very nervous to attend because of the things Zero said about michigan players.. I remember him explaining that michigan players were the most disrespectful, and it makes the michigan scene sound not so fun.

I have asked some high rank people on smash ladder . com in michigan for some matches but they always ignore me when i try to talk to them like im not good enough to talk to them.

I have some friends who are interested tocome with me to tournies but we all wouldnt want to deal with people who are getting mad or mean over the game.

why is the michigan scene like that, it really makes me sad cause i wanna get into the scene and play but not with people like that.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I'm probably going to be shunned, hated, banned, and killed by the Smash community for saying this, but screw Zero. Seriously dude, if you are interested in Smash tournaments, go for it. Don't let some guy you don't know hold you back. Just because he is a high level player does not mean he possesses the right to dictate who can play from Michigan and who cannot.

And typically, skilled players look at others as inferior unless they are at or above their level. Don't take it personally.

Last edited:

oBeast

Smash Cadet
its not like he would say that for no reason right :{... 1 month ago i found michigan smash 4 facebook and said hi and asked people for matches and nobody even responded, so it made it seem more real what he was saying, it just sucks cause i know a lot of people from school would go too, it seems like i twould be super funto go play with people. im prolly gonna pick an out of state college lol.

Last edited:

TheRedLemming

Smash Cadet
When did you ask? What specific group did you ask on?
I'm in the unfortunate board of not being able to go to a lot of locals, but I'm down for games between 10PM and 2AM (I work from 2PM to 10 PM)
Obviously you can't tell this from the position of asking, but it's always possible that people are busy when you go to ask them.
Also, a lot of people are weirdly like "in person only" it seems. So there's that too. I've never gotten any replies on my Wifi posts either.

Don't take it as disrespect until you know it's not just circumstantial. :D

oBeast

Smash Cadet
It's not just not getting responses but the combination of that and what zero said, it seems from my experience what he says is prolly true, I'm sure zero had good reasons for saying that since he wants to promote smash not hurt it. O well its not like Michigan has good players to play with anyway, I just wanted to have fun and play smash with people in person. But not in a scene full of mean people

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
Hi, I'm a regular tournament goer in Michigan and I just want to let you know our scene is very welcoming and friendly. I entered the scene sometime in February and have done nothing but make friends ever since.

It also is one of the strongest states in the country in terms of good players. Zero came to Michigan at Rebirth, during almost the peak of what seemed a pretty intense mental slump for him. I got reports from many players that he was very moody during his time here, and he lashed out at us after Rebirth because of a couple people being idiots and booing him while he was playing on stream. It seriously was no more than like two people, everyone else here welcomed him and treated him well.

You really should get out to a tournament and see what the scene is like for yourself. You could have a lot of fun and meet a lot of great people. Don't let the words of someone who came here twice discourage you from making fantastic memories.

You can always ask around for me at MI tourneys, I tend to go to quite a few. My tag is Ludi and I'd love to help you get started in anyway I can.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
An MI player linked me this thread so I feel like I should come in and say something.

I'm Pulse|Ori, I'm the Michigan Smash 4 Leader and one of the most active tournament hosts in the entire region.

I think you may be overreacting, especially about the Zero thing. As Ludi said above it was 2 people who were being rowdy and the rest of the 190+ people were being respectful spectators.

The Michigan scene is actually a really good one. We are the strongest region in the Midwest and many top players respect us. If you are trying to gauge skill through the FB group and how we interact you obviously don't know the group that well. The Facebook group isnt the best place to ask for wifi because people there dont really wifi all that much and prefer offline play. If you have the opportunity to attend an event in Michigan you should. Our players are very welcoming to newcomers and offer a lot of advice. As someone who has been active 100% since 2008 this is a true statement.

oBeast

Smash Cadet
well, not im really not sure now cause you guys are saying that michigan has some of the strongest players, I watch all the big tournaments and keep up with smash scene a lot and never even heard of any michigan players make it very far or be notable in the smash 4..

all the big names ihear about and none of them are from michigan. i dont think there is even 1 michigan player in the TOP 20 of the smash rankings.. and im not saying your lying but even if it was true that the michigan scene was meanish i dont think would admit that., and i just dont think zero would try to ruin a whole scene if it was only two people.

and that is the same attitude mean people have is that they just try to prove they are always better than even if it isn't true )which kinda sounds like how you guys are saying), and i dont think that is even close to being true for michigan at all, Zero seems like a really humble person even though he has all that fame and prestige. i lurked the facebook group for 1 month and i do see people play wifi, so what you say there i dont think is that true either.

i suppose ill try to come one time to the smash weekly tournament, im def not going to use my obeast tag now cause i wont want people to know who i am ( I have social anxiety disorder - so i really dont handle well when people is mean ),

anyway i hope im wrong. but my experience with michigan on smash ladder and facebook isnt encouraging so far. Because i love smash 4 a lot, i think its such a great game and want to be involved in the scene, plus i think i could do good and i love having friends to play smash brothers with.

It just stinks that Michigan scene isn't friendly like the others... We see I guess

Last edited:

Jpot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jpot93
As another active MI player and TO for many events in West Michigan, I really do encourage you to come out and experience it for yourself sometime. I've never had a bad experience at an MI S4 tourney. I attended the Rebirth that Zero tweeted about. Many of us were upset with those few players that got carried away and cheered against Zero instead of for MI. You'll find plenty of people who are friendly and welcoming, we all just want to help each other improve. As for Michigan being one of the strongest regions, you don't have to take our word for it I suppose. We did have I believe 8 MI players in top 32 at Big House. Rayquaza (5th at TBH5) is a national level threat, but you haven't heard of him because he doesn't travel much. Zinoto has been a top player since Brawl. Ally spends his summers here.

Just come meet us, I promise you won't be disappointed.

oBeast

Smash Cadet
i search through facebook page posts for people who add their wii ids and added like 10 IDS i found on there., but nobody will play with me, i add kevandre he didnt play, julian didnt play, ryan knass, wont play, i added 4 other wii ids i found on michigan facebook page. everyone ignores me.. Whatever im not coming out to the tournaments. I was gonna pick and out of state college to go to anyways, i tred play with seth and many other michigan player on anther ladder everyone ignores me ..

Zero isn't lying

im gonna go to college in cali anyways ive decided, so i don't care if you guys want to ignore new people, i wont be in this stupid state for long anyways. good luck on being the strongest smash 4 state LOL. YEAH RIGHT!

Last edited:

Jpot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jpot93
Don't take it personally. They don't have much incentive to take the time to play with somebody they've never met, and they don't owe you anything for being a newcomer. You've had nothing but people welcoming you to this scene in this thread and inviting you to seek us out in person at a tourney, but you seem to have convinced yourself that we're lying. That said, from the way you were stream monstering in the Youmacon twitch chat, our scene is better off without you. Best of luck in finding a scene that caters to your needs.

Last edited:

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
By disrespecting our state for basically no reason pertaining to you, you're just providing ammunition. You're gonna get that disrespect right back.

Think for yourself.

Last edited:

oBeast

Smash Cadet
Yeah I watch youmacon stream and guess what I saw on the stream a perfect example of Michigan attitude and even your commentator talked about it which is ryuga wear a hat that says " I am the greatest " and the commentator act like he so cool. And all u Michigan players look up to him, and everyone says rayquaza is just as cocky, stop treating your best players like celebrities and trying to emulate them, cause its obvious thats what u do.. Michigan has bad attitude. Like I said zero wasn't lying. This proves my point 100 percent and u will have nothing to say since there is proof I'm right I'm glad zero stomped your players.

Now I'm glad I never went to Michigan events. And never will.

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Yeah I watch youmacon stream and guess what I saw on the stream a perfect example of Michigan attitude and even your commentator talked about it which is ryuga wear a hat that says " I am the greatest " and the commentator act like he so cool. And all u Michigan players look up to him, and everyone says rayquaza is just as cocky, stop treating your best players like celebrities and trying to emulate them, cause its obvious thats what u do.. Michigan has bad attitude. Like I said zero wasn't lying. This proves my point 100 percent and u will have nothing to say since there is proof I'm right I'm glad zero stomped your players.

Shammonx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shammon
LOL, the people here are very friendly except for a few asses, but no scene is perfect. Your attitude reeks of scrub mentality though, so enjoy California.

stewyian

Smash Ace
Lol kid thanks for not coming to our events from the looks of your posts no one would want you here anyway

Anther

Smash Champion
This thread is the best example of runaway confirmation bias.

Most of my other examples were based around racism, so it's cool to see someone using real social situations to judge an entire community. It'd be weird to judge people by taking one person's word and arbitrary situations that make no sense and spinning it in a way that's so mean and illogical to the point of being afraid to use their own name if they were to ever meet them and form a real human connection.

Last edited:

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Man sure says a lot about our scene for someone who has never been a part of it.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
LOL, the people here are very friendly except for a few *****, but no scene is perfect. Your attitude reeks of scrub mentality though, so enjoy California.
Whats funny is that the California scene is much more harsh than the Michigan scene.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Michigan is:

The best state in Midwest.

Huge, numbers wise.

Full of talent.

Friendly and welcoming to new players.

Ruthless.

Is a huge fan of trash talk.

Really prideful.

Full of clowns.

If you can't take a joke or you're really sensitive, you won't last long. But we're a pretty good group and we love our scene.

Also ZeRo GREATLY exaggerated how bad the crowd was. Most of the crowd supported him. It was literally like 2 or 3 people heckling him. And even so, how are you gonna be a top player and get rattled by 2 or 3 people so easily. I think ZeRo is a nice guy and phenomenal player but that slander on Twitter makes him look like a little baby.

Ryuga can wear whatever he wants. Why is that hat such a big deal?

Ray IS cocky but have you seen Florida, SoCal or Tri state? Most top regions have some cocky top players. Its annoying but its not a Michigan exclusive thing.

Sounds like you never actually wanted to try our scene, you just wanted to justify not doing it. MI will keep doing its thing. Sounds like you're just another ZeRo meat rider anyway. We have enough of those.

oBeast

Smash Cadet
Michigan is:

The best state in Midwest.

Huge, numbers wise.

Ruthless.

Is a huge fan of trash talk.

Really prideful.

Full of clowns.

Ryuga can wear whatever he wants. Why is that hat such a big deal?

Ray IS cocky but have you seen Florida, SoCal or Tri state? Most top regions have some cocky top players. Its annoying but its not a Michigan exclusive thing.

Sounds like you never actually wanted to try our scene, you just wanted to justify not doing it. MI will keep doing its thing. Sounds like you're just another ZeRo meat rider anyway. We have enough of those.
well your wrong cause when i move to california for college im going to play at smash 4 tournaments there. i play with my friends. I like to play smash with people. I wanted to play with the good players in michigan from face book and smash ladder .com on wii u internet but they all act like they are too good. So i remember what zero say and i believe him, then i see top michigan player who so cocky he wear a hate that says i am the greatest and everyone want to be like him. normal people would be grosed out by someone who walked around saying they are the greatest person but because smash players in michigan treat the top players like they are their god they act just like it. and i see that now.
but i wanted to go to college out of state anyways, so i realize im not missing out on anything here.

Last edited:

oBeast

Smash Cadet
point of being afraid to use their own name if they were to ever meet them and form a real human connection.
Uh nobody use their real name on online forums, r u new to the internet or something lol, obeast has been my tag since I started drinking monster while I play games and my real name starts with o. So its obeast. And that has been 3 years, I play CS:go with the tag obeast too. I even use obeast to play online games at my friends house and smash bros too.

U guys r being mad about it whatever
I just believe zero, and see michigan top player who wear wierd hat that says they are the greatest person and so it makes sense why zero says what he did. You guys are more mad at me even though zero said it, but whatever, u guys will be seeing me on locals streams in Cali soon, and will be beating u guys when I get good with sonic Since I like him more than ness

But whatever this is old news now. I'm done here, you guys will see me on stream in cali

I don't care even if this thread is deleted, I'm over it! Just don't have harsh feelings when my sonic gets u guys, I am even going to join the existors of chaos sonic clan for training

Last edited:

oBeast

Smash Cadet
Lookout guys, we got a bad *** here!
Lol, u act like me joining a clan is me acting hard, yet u think its normal for someone to wear a hat that says I am the greatest, lol, see I told you that you guys worship your top players. Everyone saw it on stream and most people prolly think he such a dork for wearing it, cept for you michigan players who bow down to your top players, ryuga prolly laugh at all you fools. People who on the top will look down on you for being a beta. that aint me, so i wouldnt fit into michigan scene anyway. kthxbye, im done. dont try to insult me less you wanna get burned. im leaving this thread, so if you try to insult me as i walk away then whatever.. i dont care! bye!,

Last edited:

Kipdog31

Smash Rookie
If only Ryuga were here to defend for us. He wont tell us where he got the hat, we have all been trying to get one. You are right, Ryuga does look down on us. He laughs at us. He mocks us. He has every right to, that man is a living embodiment of a god that rightfully should be worshipped. It is blasphemous of you to imply otherwise. Have you seen him play? He is incredible. He doesnt look like a dork in that hat, he is one of the only people on the planet that can pull it off! He probably bought it from Zeus, the greek god that is directly underneath him. You can have fun in your "clan," we have a cult. A Ryuga cult. We take it very seriously. If you continue to say bad things about our masters hat, we will be forced to take further action. Well, on our masters direction, of course.

oBeast

Smash Cadet
If only Ryuga were here to defend for us. He wont tell us where he got the hat, we have all been trying to get one. You are right, Ryuga does look down on us. He laughs at us. He mocks us. He has every right to, that man is a living embodiment of a god that rightfully should be worshipped. It is blasphemous of you to imply otherwise. Have you seen him play? He is incredible. He doesnt look like a dork in that hat, he is one of the only people on the planet that can pull it off! He probably bought it from Zeus, the greek god that is directly underneath him. You can have fun in your "clan," we have a cult. A Ryuga cult. We take it very seriously. If you continue to say bad things about our masters hat, we will be forced to take further action. Well, on our masters direction, of course.
i was mocking him for trying to mock me, i dont know what ryuga thinks lol in case you didnt realize im just MACKING FUN OF YOU GUYS!!! its a joke not serious, im seriosly outa here, this ain't worth my time no more. GO ZERO you were RIGHT!!!

4AM_Jefe

Smash Rookie
Are you trolling? You're seriously being so irrational (and typing so poorly) that I thought this was a big joke.

The world is not a happy welcoming place. Crappy people are everywhere, but they walk among us and look just like us. You might even be one of them and not even realize you're doing it, because you grew up around crappy people and they lead you to believe things work a certain way.

FYI what you did right here, was textbook crappy person.

"Hey, I heard Zero say you guys are buttholes. I might want to come play video games with you, but if you're all buttholes then I don't think I will."

Have you met Zero? Were you there? All you did here was create an expectation and opinion from someone else's statements without proper context. You demonized Michigan players as a whole, and then put the burden of proof on us to show you otherwise.

Ludicolo and Ori_bro immediately went into recruiting mode, and invited you to attend local events and see for yourself. They ignored your preconceived notions, and instead chose to be kind and inviting first.

So you respond essentially with:

"I dunno, I joined a facebook group full of people who never met me, and they didn't even respond to my desire to play. Sounds like they are buttholes, I guess Zero was right."

Textbook crappy person move #2. You ignored their invitations, and returned to your original gripe. What's worse, you hyperbolized a minor experience and conflated it with your original expectations to create an exaggerated confirmation bias.

And then this crap post reigns supreme:

Despite more invitations to come meet the people face to face, and realize that whatever negativity you're seeing is just a vocal minority, you make more accusations off limited evidence. You go even further, and then trash talk our state and players? Claiming that your (hyper limited) experience so far is enough to 100% confirm that we are all unwelcoming liars and buttholes?

At this point I assumed this had to be a troll, because if it wasn't.... then you must be an absolute poop heel and I hope I never actually run into you. There's nothing you could even say at this point to prove otherwise, it's 100 percent confirmed.

(See how crappy that sounded? That's what you just did in this thread. How's it feel?)

Last edited:

oBeast

Smash Cadet
trolling = being a mean person, I was asking if michigan smash scene was full of trolls like zero said. As you said i came in here asking questions about what ZERO said, i wasn't being mean. whatever you guys win you can have the last word im done defending myself from your accusations.

Last edited:

Planet God Venus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyugaVII
so u guys gonna act like he didnt post this

oBeast

Smash Cadet
Damn my hat made you that mad? LOL the **** matched my North Face stop crying
im not mad anymore. i didnt even know about your hat when i made this thread. I watched youmacon stream when the commentator said that your hat say you are the greatest I was like oh yeah ZeRo might be right cause michigan people act like they are better than everyone. so 4am jefe you wont ever meet me cause i aint staying in michigan, im just came cause i was mad that people kept ignoring me when i ask for matches on wifi, then you guys try to make fun of me for it.
this is just getting stupid, OBEAST OUT!

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
im not mad anymore. i didnt even know about your hat when i made this thread. I watched youmacon stream when the commentator said that your hat say you are the greatest I was like oh yeah ZeRo might be right cause michigan people act like they are better than everyone. so 4am jefe you wont ever meet me cause i aint staying in michigan, im just came cause i was mad that people kept ignoring me, then you guys try to make fun of me for it.
this is just getting stupid, OBEAST OUT!
We look forward to seeing you stream monster and complain like you did while watching Youmacon (y)

4AM_Jefe

Smash Rookie
For the record, the main point I tried to make was:

If you're going to introduce yourself to a new community where no one knows you, don't lead with "I heard from a top player that you guys are disrespectful. Not one of these strangers answered my facebook posts or private messages, so I think he might be right.

Last edited:

oBeast

Smash Cadet
We look forward to seeing you stream monster and complain like you did while watching Youmacon (y)
you guys dont get it. i HAD interest in the michigan smash 4 community in the past. so i watched big house stream and youmacon stream. i wanted to go, but after ZeRo the top player in smash 4 said michigan sucked, i started having doubts. Then i learn that ZeRo is NOT a liar! So i will not be watching michigan streams or anything of the sort. I will be getting involved in the cali scene since that is where i really wanted to go to college anyways. I wont waste my time critiqueing your "top" players anymore. This is the last anyone in michigan will hear of oBeast, untill you see me on stream in cali, and coming to big house once im good enough to monster your tourny instead of your stream, muhah!

TO SUMMARIZE THIS THREAD FOR ANYONE WHO WANT TO KNOW, MICHIGAN WAS MEAN TO ZeRo, AND LOTS OF PEOPLE HEARD ABOUT IT ON HIS SOCIAL MEDIA,

AND I AGREE, ZERO IS NOT A LIAR!!!!

These guys are saying ZeRo is a lair, but here is what Zero said!!! and i quote.

"That crowd was really rude. They would boo whenever me and V115 hit them and or got a kill. Then they'd get really loud when I got hit.smh" 5:42 sept 19th,

Zero said the CROWD was rude, this was basically an all michigan tourny, he did not say most were nice and one or two people was rude, he said the crowd.

"I've dealt with entire venues like evo cheering against me and I won then and now. Being rude is different. Also shut up"

If you want to know what im talking about go read ZeRo's tweets september 19th for michigans rebirth tourny. Even people were being mean to him in his tweets.

I agree with ZeRo from my experience.
You can believe who you want, but the evidence is here, These guys try to act like Zero is lying and that they are really super nice people,... So anyone who see this thread can see both sides now, im not just some stupid idiot troll ike these guys are saying i am.

OBEAST OUT!

I am literally not coming back to this thread again, I am done completely. Mods can lock it, Delete it, i don't care.
But you can see im not macking stuff up.

Last edited:

Jpot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jpot93
>Decided hundreds of people he's never met are jerks, despite their welcoming him to the scene and inviting him to get to know them, based on three Zer0 tweets
>"smash players in michigan treat the top players like they are their god"

Last edited:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Way to judge an entire persons personality and being solely on his clothing, ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom