• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Accidently Inputting Light Shield

Luxly

Smash Rookie
Hey all

I play marth and fox, I finally got my controller modded to make wavedashing easier, and most things are going well. I have one major problem tho, which has to do with me accidently holding the L trigger slightly down after wavedashing or doing an L cancel. With my current controls setup in dolphin, this inputs a light shield, messing up follow-ups, movement, combos, ect. What is the best workaround to this which is also tournament legal? Are my controls fine? Any advice is useful, thanks!

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Hey!

This is actually most likely an issue with your controller itself. Sweat and skin particles drip into the triggers mechanism and make a crust in between, which slows down the trigger's movement, just enough to make it input light shield as your are actionable.

Open it up and clean up that crust with rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs, you can also lubricate the mechanism with silicon-based lubricants so there's less friction.

If this still happens, you have two options:
- Trigger trick; hold the trigger down when you plug it in/ reset the controller (X+Y+Start).
- Since your analog slider is damaged, you could get it changed with a fresh one. That should solve the issue but it requires soldering skills.

Top Bottom