• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Accidental platform tech??

AssTAStic_ACA

Smash Apprentice
I did this mid tournament . At first i thought it was a fluke. Then it happened a couple more times in some other matches. After the down throw, i tried to follow up with a DJC U-Air. Though instead i got a JC grab and just went with it. My question is.

http://gfycat.com/ReliablePeskyGharial#

-is this actually a thing or a glitch
-Is there a way to practice this? if so how?
-How practical is this amongst various other options(i feel like this may be a super technical tech that may not be necessary)

Thank you.

Last edited:

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Its not a glitch, its something that happens due to the fact Ness dips very slightly during the start of his DJ. If you double jump while Ness is basically inside the platform, you'll snap to it with 0 landlag. Its a 1 frame window as far as i know, but it is something you can easily practice.

As far as usefulness, if you can do it reliably, its around 10 frames faster than a waveland, so it'd give you much more time to act on things like tech chases.

Top Bottom