• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AC Bair

Liam_Butler

Smash Apprentice
I hear a lot of people talk about Auto cancelling back air, but I don't think I've ever did or consciously thought to do it? Can anyone explain the frame data to it, when I should fast fall, things like that? I see the frame data, but I'm not understanding how to apply. Any resources how to practice it or anything like that would be extremely helpful. Thank you.

ilysm

sleepy
It's pretty simple! If you short hop and instantly bair, you'll land after the move is over and you'll land without aerial lag. You can also fast-fall it and still get the autocancel.

Vanitas

Smash Ace
I don't know about the frame data behind it, but if you look at the ground on where you land, you should get the spikey cloud dusts if you did it correctly. This indicates if it was autocancelled.

Similarly, if you have 20xx, you can just enable flashing red if something was not l cancelled properly. If you do a SH bair, and then you don't see any red after, then that most likely means you autocancelled it.

Last edited:

Liam_Butler

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about the frame data behind it, but if you look at the ground on where you land, you should get the spikey cloud dusts if you did it correctly. This indicates if it was autocancelled.

Similarly, if you have 20xx, you can just enable flashing red if something was not l cancelled properly. If you do a SH bair, and then you don't see any red after, then that most likely means you autocancelled it.
Thanks, that's super helpful!

Top Bottom