• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A way to keep Smash stick: Z-Shotting

★ARKZ AGES★

Smash Cadet
NNID
ARKZ_AGES
Of course the C-stick's best use is for tilts, partly because you can Spinshot with ease instead of pulling your hair out by trying to use A/X/Y to perform it - but I've never seen anyone mention using the Z button if a player wanted to keep the C-stick set to Smash attacks. Really it's just as easy to use the Z button imo, it just takes converting muscle memory. This, I assume, is what some Sonic mains do if they play with default controls; unless they are not using Spinshot.

It's not anything important, but I wanted to bring this to attention. This is what I've been playing with.

:094:

Last edited:

jaimex2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaimex2
Hadn't thought of that thanks.

C tilt has other advantages though,

- Aerials dont lose momentum
- Accidentally smashing when you only have punish window for a tilt

★ARKZ AGES★

Smash Cadet
NNID
ARKZ_AGES
Yeah, I'm aware. It's why I said 'partly'.:)
I flick the stick really fast for aerials. Don't lose momentum then.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
For the reasons Jaimex said is why I use tilt-stick, but honestly the main reason is because I refuse to change the Spinshot muscle memory I've had ingrained for several years.

Really though, you can just map whatever button to jump. In my video I cover all the buttons you can use by default controls, but I explain that inputting a jump is what does it. You can do with that however you please, so if Z works for you and others, then that's great too.

:093:

Top Bottom