• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A usefull approach

NeroeXIII

Smash Apprentice
I've picked up IC's recently after seeing the SnowStorm Grab video. While I was playing with them I also picked up a really good approach.

First you Grab desync (Grab and press back) Then press B to make Popo shoot an ice block, then press forward B to do a squall hammer. Now you should be desynced perfectly so that when Nana finishes the Squall hammer, you can begin with Popo's squall Hammer. You can move around the whole stage, while doing this for a long time, if you have good timing. The best part is the squall hammer doesnt that THAT much knockback. So you can make the other iceclimber grab, smash, whatever. It's really useful.

Sorry if this is already posted, or just common sense. It just helps me alot, so I thought i'd post it here

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I was literally just talking about this on the IRC server I chat on. o_o

[15:05:28] <KiteDXX> I have a feeling desynced Squall Hammers could potentially be used for insane damage combos
Another interesting desync is the grab desync you're describing, then Smash with the C-stick. Popo should smash, and you're free to do as you want with each of them individually, such as Hyphen Smashing across the stage with each climber. You can also stand still after that and use the C-stick to make Popo and Nana alternate doing smashes in place.

NeroeXIII

Smash Apprentice
Lol. thats weird. But at the begining of a match uif you do this. you can rack up 30% and then finish with a F-smash or go for a grab and carry on with a grab combo. Its REALLY useful.

NeroeXIII

Smash Apprentice
After playing around with this more. I found out that the ONLY other move you can use (in conjuction with squall hammer) Is the Down B move blizzard. Which also is a really good way of approaching. ALL other moves Resync the Ice climbers.

Top Bottom