• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A URC members thoughts on the Metaknight Ban

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
If the majority is including not just the members of a small group but also the large. In other words, we're not just considering the sample size of 14 people, we're considering the sample size of over 700~ish users/players, maybe more considering the past petitions and polls from beyond.

What do you mean correct? Is banning Meta Knight correct? Is not banning Meta Knight correct? They are not legitimate statements to hold on to because they infer that there is a correct way, in which in this case there are none; only persuasive argument and balance. If balance amognst the masses is biased toward banning Meta Knight, it happens. Just like now.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Such a logical fallacy.

If it was 14-0 for banning Smashville you would expect everyone to do the same thing?
wut?

I'm not even being funny. I just need you to explain what your post even means.

My point is that when people agree on something, that doesn't mean they aren't a diverse and reasonable group of people.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Almost forgot about this, but this data should be enough to even satisfy these complaints...

This shouldn't require an explanation. Deal.
John #......that really doesn't change anything......... looking at the numbers with addition to the money made as a whole, as delux and I realized the money is made from a handful of players. You also add the money of ppl who secondary MK as if they made all solely with him. Stop being ridiculous.

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well then we'd have to remove Ally from a couple of characters.. and 2ndaries who main MK. And people who "2nd mk" end up using MK more than their main sometimes

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
no you wouldnt. You take people away who secondary MK for virtually a couple matches ( probably Brinstar / RC) that hasnt been done. WHy would u do that?

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
If the majority is including not just the members of a small group but also the large. In other words, we're not just considering the sample size of 14 people, we're considering the sample size of over 700~ish users/players, maybe more considering the past petitions and polls from beyond.

What do you mean correct? Is banning Meta Knight correct? Is not banning Meta Knight correct? They are not legitimate statements to hold on to because they infer that there is a correct way, in which in this case there are none; only persuasive argument and balance. If balance amognst the masses is biased toward banning Meta Knight, it happens. Just like now.
I guess we should reinstate JIM CROW LAWS THEN. THANKS KRYSTEDEZ

@Tesh: Stop making stupid scenarios. Doesnt matter what is being looked at in terms of banning, it should be looked at with empirical data. Regardless.

Tesh

Smash Hero
BAM, don't forget all the money added to other top tier columns by every MK not named M2K. Its the only reason some of those top tiers even have over 1000 dollars.

If you want money from MK secondaries taken away, you would also have to be fair and take money out of the Snake column, or Falco, or Diddy, or Lucario. The characters all have money in their columns because of MK mains that use them for a few games or a few sets.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
B.A.M., I had already considered data where, for every player, I remove all characters that are not the player's highest money winning character.

Needless to say, MK still retained a RIDICULOUSLY HUGE gain over the rest of the cast, and I think the gap even increased when I did that. I'd rather not recompile the data again because it's a pain in the ***, but if you're seriously not going to take my word for it(say so), then I will do so.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
BAM, don't forget all the money added to other top tier columns by every MK not named M2K. Its the only reason some of those top tiers even have over 1000 dollars.

If you want money from MK secondaries taken away, you would also have to be fair and take money out of the Snake column, or Falco, or Diddy, or Lucario. The characters all have money in their columns because of MK mains that use them for a few games or a few sets.
Yeah but if MK is overcentralized then that means he would be getting more money catered to his side than they would have Tesh. Again you can just look purely at the players themselves and see that the majority of the money is been made by a select few. Read through the data, and assess it. Even Delux came to that conclusion. If you cant read the entirety of the data, then it really makes no sense posting all these nonsensical arguments.

@ John #s : Im not saying your data is all invalid. What im saying is that there is a few people who are making the majority of the money. Thats correct right? Thats all im discussing John. Im glad that you took the effort to do all this. Its much appreciated. If we are going to compile all this data for such a claim we gotta bring everything to the table. Break down of the players, times MK is being used should be considered in terms of the money counting towards him. Also Usage of MK on Brinstar/ RC needs to be compiled away. Im saying its not just this clear cut deal its being made out to be. There really ARE few people who are racking in the money. Very little people see it as such.

You know what the saddest part is? That this really shouldnt even be what constitutes as a ban. Even if these numbers are not unfounded when dealing with the best character in a fighting game.

Samuelson

Smash Lord
wut?

I'm not even being funny. I just need you to explain what your post even means.

My point is that when people agree on something, that doesn't mean they aren't a diverse and reasonable group of people.
Your post implied that a majority is always correct.

I understand your point, but the thing is it can be reversed completely without sounding unreasonable. "the doesn't mean they are a diverse and reasonable group of people."

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I guess we should reinstate JIM CROW LAWS THEN. THANKS KRYSTEDEZ

@Tesh: Stop making stupid scenarios. Doesnt matter what is being looked at in terms of banning, it should be looked at with empirical data. Regardless.
You're one to talk about making stupid scenarios...

What I said and what you read are apparently two different things. Factually, MK ban is not deemed something to call correct or incorrect. You don't seem to understand that so I'm just going to leave you to your delusions.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Mike, you are a man among men. Just drop this garbage ruleset already. It's all just a bunch of select wimps. Like seriously, who the **** let Z'zgashi in there? I'm sure he's well suited to make big decisions with that deep Utah metagame he runs. Same with Ran as well as Yink and Today's ****.

Bees!

Smash Ace
reposting from youtube because I don't wanna flood your page on youtube+char limit.

No offense Mike but this is incredibly arrogant and ultimately proves nothing. This reminds me of Ray Comfort logic with interviewing people who don't know about a topic in an attempt to debunk the topic. This was dishonest and misleading, Apart from educating me on who is in the URC this really just was full of fallacious logic and misleading statements. Also I think after many things you and other "Top Players" have said and done. You are just selfish and in it for yourselves.
Like when S Cali came to Supercon last year. Colorado was fortunate enough to get some new faces from the area to enter the tournament and check out the scene. Many of which I got to interact with in an attempt to befriend them. We never saw any of them again after their interactions with M2K, Tearbear and a couple of others. In pools tearbear picked Bowser and infinite grab released one of them who played ness and did little else. It was obvious that the player was very new to the game.
That didn't stop Tearbear from doing any of the ****ish things he did. Also then to make fun of new people in the game. In fact he referred to one of the girl smashers as "should get back in the kitchen." Apart from Havoc and Hugs the rest of S Cali that attended supercon were some of the most self indulged pricks I have ever seen which really made me sad because I really looked up to them. Attitudes like that chase off new players and make many people quit in our scene. Some of them I invited to supercon but after their brushes with m2k, Tearbear, Cheese and a couple of other players they said that they couldn't be part of a community where people were so rude. I know this is long after the fact but at the same time after being there to witness that; I don't give a **** what any of the top level players have to say anymore. People like m2k, Tearbear and others did much more harm to our scene than good. And watching, they still display the same arrogance that really is just disgusting. I am glad I live in Colorado. We may not have a top scene. But we never treat people the way some of your PR and other pros treated some of our potential and long time players. We always welcome people with open arms.

Reizilla

reposting from youtube because I don't wanna flood your page on youtube+char limit.

No offense Mike but this is incredibly arrogant and ultimately proves nothing. This reminds me of Ray Comfort logic with interviewing people who don't know about a topic in an attempt to debunk the topic. This was dishonest and misleading, Apart from educating me on who is in the URC this really just was full of fallacious logic and misleading statements. Also I think after many things you and other "Top Players" have said and done. You are just selfish and in it for yourselves.
Like when S Cali came to Supercon last year. Colorado was fortunate enough to get some new faces from the area to enter the tournament and check out the scene. Many of which I got to interact with in an attempt to befriend them. We never saw any of them again after their interactions with M2K, Tearbear and a couple of others. In pools tearbear picked Bowser and infinite grab released one of them who played ness and did little else. It was obvious that the player was very new to the game.
That didn't stop Tearbear from doing any of the ****ish things he did. Also then to make fun of new people in the game. In fact he referred to one of the girl smashers as "should get back in the kitchen." Apart from Havoc and Hugs the rest of S Cali that attended supercon were some of the most self indulged pricks I have ever seen which really made me sad because I really looked up to them. Attitudes like that chase off new players and make many people quit in our scene. Some of them I invited to supercon but after their brushes with m2k, Tearbear, Cheese and a couple of other players they said that they couldn't be part of a community where people were so rude. I know this is long after the fact but at the same time after being there to witness that; I don't give a **** what any of the top level players have to say anymore. People like m2k, Tearbear and others did much more harm to our scene than good. And watching, they still display the same arrogance that really is just disgusting. I am glad I live in Colorado. We may not have a top scene. But we never treat people the way some of your PR and other pros treated some of our potential and long time players. We always welcome people with open arms.
And because you're a ****, we should ban MK.

^URC logic right there

Bees!

Smash Ace
And because you're a ****, we should ban MK.

^URC logic right there
Did I say anything about banning MK? No I don't believe I mentioned that at all. This was more to express how this video really doesn't prove much in my eyes. Let the top level players decide this? In my experience the top level players don't give a **** about anyone except their little group of top level players. Any douche who would take a very new player and play a character that can do 1 thing to shut them down. and do it repeatedly, when especially they could obliterate that person with random really shows that they don't care about growth in a scene and really they just do things because they can and to me I wouldn't really rely on anyone who acts that arrogantly.

Now this has little to do with MK being banned and even less to do with URC so don't try to make little snark remarks like the one you did. My comment in no way mentioned the URC or MK ban but rather that the notion of top level players who, from what I have seen show less care and concern for the scene as a whole, should somehow have more of a right to speak about the ban(REGARDLESS of their opinion) than any average tourney goer or TOs for that matter, is something I don't agree with. From what I have seen of S Cali. I wouldn't put any trust in their words about what is good for the community.

To be fair though Havok(Havoc?) and Hugs were pretty nice people who seem genuine in their care and interest in scenes being united.

Reizilla

See, but the thing is, all the dopes in the URC don't know **** about the game. At least the top players put things into practice. You just sound very salty.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Top level players are the answer to life and the cure to cancer and reason why steak exists and they also invented sliced bread, a1, air, electricity, the kite, the democratic government system, and the automobile.

It's also rumored they have direct connections with god.

Bees!

Smash Ace
See, but the thing is, all the dopes in the URC don't know **** about the game. At least the top players put things into practice. You just sound very salty.
Why wouldn't I be salty in that regard? The reasons are valid for anger. They came into a scene that was budding. The actions of some of their "top" players scared off every single new person to the scene in my state there. How can you honestly say that if someone "top" at the game (aka a real ambassador to how the game is played inside and outside of the game) comes to your state and acts like an unnecessary ******* that you wouldn't feel the same way. And then for them to demand more respect or rather that it should be up to them just because the general meat-riding populous knows more about the actors than the script writers behind the scenes. so that makes it justified?

Now you obviously want to make it something it is not considering you keep bringing up the URC and how they don't know anything. Yet there is mountains of data on the matter that many of them based part of their decision on as well as a number of factors 75% of the community voted in favor of it. That should be all that matters really as it is the community as a whole.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why wouldn't I be salty in that regard? The reasons are valid for anger. They came into a scene that was budding. The actions of some of their "top" players scared off every single new person to the scene in my state there. How can you honestly say that if someone "top" at the game (aka a real ambassador to how the game is played inside and outside of the game) comes to your state and acts like an unnecessary ******* that you wouldn't feel the same way. And then for them to demand more respect or rather that it should be up to them just because the general meat-riding populous knows more about the actors than the script writers behind the scenes. so that makes it justified?

Now you obviously want to make it something it is not considering you keep bringing up the URC and how they don't know anything. Yet there is mountains of data on the matter that many of them based part of their decision on as well as a number of factors 75% of the community voted in favor of it. That should be all that matters really as it is the community as a whole.
This whole post is great, especially the last bit.

I can't believe there's people still dead-set against the ban after 2 very sweeping polls on two different websites. Not to mention that the majority of the community has always voted pro-ban since the beginning of MK's dominance.

Reizilla

I wouldn't feel the same way. Because my state doesn't suck. And I'm an unnecessary ******* to all the new players I play as well. Wimps gonna wimp.

Mountains of data? More like they all just hosted tourneys in over-populated ****-holes and then decided to join up the URC and got the okay because they were pro-ban.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
as much as I don't want to say this... who are you?

only reason I say this is for you calling us out seems so... farfetch'd

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wouldn't feel the same way. Because my state doesn't suck. And I'm an unnecessary ******* to all the new players I play as well. Wimps gonna wimp.
Don't you live in Texas?
That's a pretty ridiculous generalization.

I frequented the thread where you got more than 1/4th your current posts and I still don't remember you doing anything notable in brawl.
I don't even think you entered any hobos or anything.

You're just talking out of your *** right now.

Reizilla

A random with an opinion. About as qualified as most of the people back there. Host of the newly-founded EADU series.

And you're from Colorado. Where they.... don't play this game. Since you don't play the game, I have decided that gives you more time to think about rulesets. Someone get Spelt into the URC, stat.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
A random with an opinion. About as qualified as most of the people back there. Host of the newly-founded EADU series.

And you're from Colorado. Where they.... don't play this game. Since you don't play the game, I have decided that gives you more time to think about rulesets. Someone get Spelt into the URC, stat.
Don't go about uselessly poking fun at people. If you've got proof to back up what you say, then say it. Otherwise, you're doing nothing more than trolling/spam.

Bees!

Smash Ace
This whole post is great, especially the last bit.

I can't believe there's people still dead-set against the ban after 2 very sweeping polls on two different websites. Not to mention that the majority of the community has always voted pro-ban since the beginning of MK's dominance.
Ya sometimes I feel like anti-ban is turning into the new creationist viewpoint. Still clinging to a false superiority still using debunked arguments from years ago. Also grasping at straws(partly what this video did lol) As well as refusing any explanation or data offered.

Mountains of data? More like they all just hosted tourneys in over-populated ****-holes and then decided to join up the URC and got the okay because they were pro-ban.
Wow really way to not do your research. Someone link the charts about winnings usage and ect. It is rather compelling stuff. And a lot more than just opinions from top players. Also Bizkit comes from a pretty developed scene but on to the greater issue. You forget one fundamental thing. You were new at one point. Everyone was at some point and idk about you but if at my first tourney somebody who was way more skilled than me just toyed with me by say going bowser and pummelling me to 250% every stock of every game just for fun, I would think the scene is full of self important ****s and would go find a "community" that by calling itself such, isn't being ironic.
But ya people like you are everything that is wrong in the community.

I just got into the marvel community about 3 or 4 months ago. Guess what the top level players did when I played them? Welcomed me with open arms. Tried to help get me as much practical info and practice as well as inspire me to do better. That is what communities do. Not the stupid **** you claim to do. Also just so you know if I ever meet you at a tourney. I will beat your *** with ROB. Simple as that.
as much as I don't want to say this... who are you?

only reason I say this is for you calling us out seems so... farfetch'd
lol that^

Tesh

Smash Hero
Rei, you are extremely salty about this aren't you?

Keep in mind that you aren't a top player so your opinion doesn't matter to Mikehaze anyway.

I have an idea. We should only let rich people vote. Because they understand America and are good at it.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
No, no, we should only let people who got an engineering degree do everything.

Boiler up. We are makers. mofo.

(I'm a CS major btw :troll: )

Bees!

Smash Ace
Arrogant moronic poser bull****
**** you douche. Guess what? I am from Colorado too and it wouldn't be hard to kick your pathetic *** at Brawl. In fact I bet you probably would get 2-pieced if you even showed up to a Brawl tourney in Colorado. You want to talk ****? How about you come to a tourney here?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is this what you call an argument?
Not that I should really be expecting anything better from you, but I was at least seeing if you would try to form a cohesive thought, instead of turning everything into a popularity contest.

Which you are obviously winning, btw.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Sure, I can agree with that.

But, honestly, do you really want M2k and ADHD making the ruleset? Nothing against those guys, I dont even know them, but they can't see past their noses as far as I've ever seen.

What you want is a group of people with a very broad view. You can have that without dipping into top players as a human resource, and actually, there's a pretty good chance you'll get the most broad view possible by excluding them. Does that make it always true? No, and I didn't necessarily say that.

Top players should not be excluded based only on their status as top player, however being a top player isn't enough to ensure that you are qualified to make these kinds of decisions either. TOs are much much more qualified. Does it help if they're good at the game themselves? Yes, 100% yes. The good news is that the TOs in the URC are pretty good players.

This is why HAZE's video is kind of ridiculous. He lists off a bunch of top players that were excluded from having input in the decision but I can't think of a single reason I would have wanted any of them to be involved with it, lol

You aren't a supermodel, nor are you from Paris.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think you are a disorder of the attention-deficit kind. :(

Reizilla

You ban MK. Why would I ever go to your tourney?

Chibo, I've had this discussion before. They don't do ****. Just post all day and form opinions with their bad trolling.

Perhaps I misunderstood you, Spelt. I said my state doesn't suck. You said it was a ridiculous generalization because I'm from Texas..... and Texas doesn't suck.

Reading SFP's post, you really think guys like AZ can see past his nose? rofl

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Actually, their #1 player is an MK (or was until he became inactive)

Don't judge a scene you don't actually interact with lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Any insults from here on out get infracted

--

Chibo, I've had this discussion before. They don't do ****. Just post all day and form opinions with their bad trolling.
And now I'm here, and would like to hear your reasoning on why you think this. Also while addressing us you can use you or you guys, not they trying to talk around me.

Bees!

Smash Ace
You ban MK. Why would I ever go to your tourney?
How about this. You come to a tourney and we can MM then? ROBvsMK. If we are so free then any of your pocket characters will suffice. Also just because you come from a state with good players, doesn't make you any good. Just so ya know.

-Ran

Smash Master
Bees, you can ride in my suitcase to the Austin tournament I'm going to in November.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Actually, their #1 player is an MK (or was until he became inactive)

Don't judge a scene you don't actually interact with lol
^That. We actually had 3 MK mains and 1 mk pocket as well on our PR.

But ya this guy reminds me of the "wimpy" kid who hangs around with bigger kids so he can talk **** and let them back it up. Texas is awesome despite you sir.

Top Bottom