• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"A Trick Up my Sleeve..." - Ganondorfs' Shockwave

1234ping4321

Smash Rookie
How To Do It
______________________________​

Well I'm sure we're all aware of that little shockwave that happens after Ganondorf hits the ground with a D/B (Down B, of course), but I thought, one day, "what if I could make that happen instantaneously?" And what do ya know?! I did it, and it was ALMOST instantaneous. It's also quite effective if you can time it right, but it's only so useful in certain situations (which I will go over later).

Okay, here we go, I'm gonna tell you exactly how to do this, it's very simple. Are you ready for this? Drumroll please! *drumroll* Jump and D/B... Okay, it's not THAT simple :awesome: Your timing has to be very precise when timing the button press, and you have to be slick, but it's probably easier to do it with a (dare I say it :mad:) "Wiimote"...

Aaaaanyway, let's go over this. So Ganondorf has a small delay before jumping, which leaves JUST a big enough time gap to execute this move. Right after you press jump and right before you leave the ground, you must press D/B. The time gap in which you need to do this is very small, mind you, it's probably less than quarter of a second. Just like I said before, your timing has to be very precise. Ganondorf shouldn't even make that constipation-grunt like sound, and you shouldn't even see a trail of that purple cloud from his foot. You should only see the shockwave...

Now there we have it. That's how you do an ALMOST instantaneous shockwave. And there are a few ways to use it effectively, but that requires a lot of skill. Let's go over how to make it effective in its initial use, shall we?

Making It Work

- Wait for a landing: This move is very good for for the time when your apponent just reaches the ground.

- Recovering land: If your apponent rolls back up the edge of which they are hanging on, this can give you an even higher advantage than when he/she is on the edge (I'll explain why in the next section).

- Light Characters: If you're using Ganondorf, facing a lightweight like Pikachu can probably be a pain in the &%#. Using a shockwave when you have the oppurtunity can quickly give you the upper hand :cool:

After using the shockwave successfully, you have a few other options.

Making It Work... Even MORE

- U/B: I made this technique specifically for the purpose of using U/B right after sending the apponent into the air. It works great if you have the skill, if I do say so myself :awesome:

- Air F/B: Now this is harder to do, and a little more risky, in the case that you pass one of the utmost edges of the stage. But if you really want to make the whole combo look like a friggin' massacre, this is the way to go. (SIDE NOTE: Using F/B in the delayed jump timeframe is also useful, as it eliminates the lag at the end of the normal F/B)

- Whatever you please: Ya don't need to listen to me, you can do whatever you want! :bee:

Thanks!

Thanks for reading the thread! I hope to hear good feedback for any users at all. If you find any more good ways to apply this technique, please make a reply!

~ 1234ping4321 ~​

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
as much as we always appreciate experimentation and sharing secrets with your fellow Ganons, we've known about this pretty much since the first week the game came out in 08. We call it the murder quake. And it's pretty much useless lol.

The older members of the Ganon boards actually have kind of an inside joke about it because everyone who discovers it thinks that they're the first ones to discover it. If someone says they discovered a new Ganon tech, literally 99% of the time it's murder quake. And they always make a new thread about it lol.

Though I gotta give you props, your murder quake thread is more detailed than most of the murder quake threads I've seen in my lifetime. Nice job lol.

1234ping4321

Smash Rookie
as much as we always appreciate experimentation and sharing secrets with your fellow Ganons, we've known about this pretty much since the first week the game came out in 08. We call it the murder quake. And it's pretty much useless lol.

The older members of the Ganon boards actually have kind of an inside joke about it because everyone who discovers it thinks that they're the first ones to discover it. If someone says they discovered a new Ganon tech, literally 99% of the time it's murder quake. And they always make a new thread about it lol.

Though I gotta give you props, your murder quake thread is more detailed than most of the murder quake threads I've seen in my lifetime. Nice job lol.
Oh... Lol I feel smart. I've known this for a year or two yeah, but I started my account a couple of days ago (I think) so I felt like it would be of use to put this up. Didn't know it was that well known... However I can put it to good use. Thanks for the update!

Top Bottom