• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A tiny thread of hope: Jace Beleren support thread!

D

Deleted member

One of the few most-wanteds I have that I feel has even the slightest, miniscule chance of making it in. So why not make this thread?
JACE BELEREN
1580150267012.png

A planeswalker whos native plane is Vryn, with magic based around mind control and other blue-colored abilities,(spell cancelling, for example) he is one of the most well-known of the massive group of planeswalkers, and I think is the best fit for a MTG character, being a mage in the same vein as Robin(minus the sword)

Moveset

Neutral Special: Creates a clone, which will mirror everything Jace does. Maximum of 1 Clone can be on the stage at a time, and they will disappear after 40 seconds.
If the original Jace dies while a clone is out, he will simply take over one of his clones instead of losing a stock(but only once-per-stock, and will not work in non-stock games)

Side Special: Sends a small amount of mind magic in the direction the move was imputed, anyone hit by the projectile will be stunned for a few seconds and takes damage over time for a short while afterwards.

Up Special: uses blue magic to blast himself up into the air, then upon landing setups a small barrier on both sides for a brief moment. Any attacks that hit these barriers will be bounced back and deal double damage to the person that used the attack.

Down Special: Counter, with the main difference being that there is no response attack, rather Jace heals himself for the damage he would have taken and becomes invulnerable for a few seconds. Opponents are stunned for a few seconds as well.

Final Smash: Jace locks onto the nearest opponent, and wipes their memories. Any opponent hit by this move and survives will be unable to do anything for 5 seconds afterwards, and will auto-die if at 60% or higher.

Closing thoughts
Overall, I don't think this will happen for a long time(if at all) but at the very least it isn't impossible, unlike my other most wanteds being 90% anime boy.
I can see Chandra being another option for a MTG character, but I think that Jace is cooler so I went with him. (Also Nicol Bolas is way too big to make work, he's like 2 times bigger than canon-sized Ridley, and it would look weird to have a titanic dragon be the same size as Ridley, of all things)

Top Bottom