• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A thing I found out about Mega Man in pre-patch Smash 3DS

SuperSqank

Smash Rookie
So I was messing around with the vanilla version of Smash 4 3DS and I found something weird you could do against Mega Man. You remember how back in Brawl and Smash 4 prior to version 1.0.4 that Wario had a weird aerial grab release where he would barely go anywhere allowing for easy follow ups? It turns out that Mega Man suffered from the same problem back then as well. If you aerial grab release Mega Man, he doesn't fly far out unlike everyone else allowing for follow ups. It's not 100% guaranteed unlike it was with Wario as Mega Man is usally in a grounded state when you grab him so if he's not over a ledge, he has to mash jump to be aerial grab released.

A quick video showing it off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mn6p4sXN8E&feature=youtu.be

It doesn't really matter now as it has been patched (I'm assuming it was patched in 1.0.4 like with Wario) but it was a neat thing I accidentally stumbled across and I couldn't find any other information about it on the internet so I decided to post about it here.

The Sparrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
SPTheSparrow
Dude thats really sick! Since you're on the vanilla version of Smash 4 3DS already cant you test out any other characters?

SuperSqank

Smash Rookie
I tested it on most of the Smash 4 newcomers and it didn’t seem to work on any of the other newcomers I tested. I haven’t tested Duck Hunt, most of the veterans, clone characters or the Miis.

Top Bottom