• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A theme of Good Guy vs. Bad Guy

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Link to original post: [drupal=801]A theme of Good Guy vs. Bad Guy[/drupal]

I don't know what it is that makes something like this tick in someone's head, but its what seems to happen (at least to me)

When playing Smash, for some reason you can play the role of a good guy or a bad guy. I, for some odd reason, experience this.
Locally, nobody even wants to cheer for me. I'm one of the most hated smash players in my area. Whenever it comes down to someone else and I in a FFA or just a singles match, I'm at the receiving end of boos and the other people cheering "kick his ass!" to the other guy. Probably because I chaingrab, I edgehog, I prove points to people, and I've even beaten "the god of smash" in my local area that everyone seems to blindly follow (otaku freaks I should add), despite he's the cockiest, most disrespectful guy you can meet when it comes to the game. Anyone here can play the Hero, I'm always the Villain. And honestly...

I like it.
I REALLY like it.
I love making people's lives in Smash a living hell against me in my area, I welcome the booing.

But everything takes a major flip in an actual competitive scene such as a smashfest or a tournament. I end up becoming the Good Guy, cheered for to take my opponent out and give the crowd a show. Heck, even in a serious tournament match, I took some time out to do taunts or even talk about silly things while I'm in the match! At the same token, I show respect to the opponent at the end who beat me or I beat, shake their hand, and we go on talking about other things and laughing! At a competitive scene, I play a much better role than the Villain. And I have to say...

I love that too! I welcome the cheering, the laughing and having fun while trying to knock the crap out of each other!

I don't know if its just me that experiences this, but I felt like post my first blog, and why not have it be something that lingered in my head?

Care to share experiences, ideas, stories, etc?

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I get that a lot too. I'm the target of all sorts of "Why don't you go outside?" and "Man, what a loser" type comments while I'm destroying the scrubs around. As soon as there's a local tourney and I'm taking on people from other places, suddenly I'm the freaking champion.

It's just scrubs johning because they suck.

Denzi

Smash Master
I get those comments from all but the few friends I have that understand. I find thos sorts of statements funny, because I do go outside and I have plenty of friends (enough for me anyways).

Top Bottom