• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide ...

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
I'll be honest. This is not very helpful, and definitely should not be labeled as a guide. There is very little substance and most of it is 'just learn how to do it'. I would definitely add to this and work on both the 'starter' and 'guide' part of 'A starter Bayonetta guide'.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So basically "don't overextend and go for combos only when they are 100% guaranteed... which is almost never".
Gotcha.

But in all seriousness, this "guide" told us something most Bayos already knew: Our character doesn't work as intended, no combos are guaranteed, and her best bet is pressure and setups where the opponents are more likely to make bad decisions.
:196:

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
i think that playstyle is wrong...

personally, i combo whenever my opponent seems punishable by an abk

bair is pretty much the best neutral/spacing tool, you need to master it if you wanna play seriously

and... go HAM off stage, if you dont go ham offstage you won't win, this is where bayo excels... your combos are super inconsistent and most top characters already have 50-60 damage combos they can pull off dead-brain with just muscle memory... if the opponent has a great recovery (wolf, pichu, palutena, inkling, olimar, wario, etc) odds are you wont gimp them even with all the experience in the world.... (while mario, shulk, fire emblems, etc) are super killable

Most underrated gimping tools i see nobody ever use:
-upb: YES a single upb kills half the cast... just go off stage and upb them from below.... with your second upb and third jump (you need to master this too) you'll make it easy back on stage... the single upb's knockback is very similar to melee's fox shine

-falling held nair
-dair (you need to know how to recover from this or you're dead... if you can third jump consistently youre good to go)
-sideb to fair

Phoenix_is_OK

Smash Apprentice
To add, Up B 2 to Fair, along with held Uair are also great for killing off the sides.

Top Bottom