• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Spirit or maybe more? Representing the iQue in Smash Bros.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Nintendo-N64-iQue-Player-FL_small.png

You may be asking, what the heck is the iQue? And that's a very good question.
The iQue Player was a console developed by Nintendo in 2003, only released in China for it's specific market.
Besides being made to combat the everlasting piracy problems in the country, it was also made during China's whole banning video games claims was being set.
The system itself is a Nintendo 64 on a chip, having an interface and online services to update software, purchase games, etc.
Unfortunately for Nintendo and the iQue company, it didn't sell very well.

So why represent the iQue then? If it was a failure and it's such an obscure relic of Nintendo's past?
Well, why not? I guess it could make the Chinese players that grew up with the system happy.

Now how exactly the iQue could be represented? This is the tough part. Making a character based on the hardware wouldn't work. A piece of hardware wouldn't have a Spirit, and I don't see IT being a DLC stage.
There's MAYBE a way it could happen, however.

iquechan.png

This is the mascot of the iQue@Home online service. It didn't do much, it's expression changed depending on what was going on in the menu.
MAYBE, and just maybe, this character could be a Spirit, or even an Assist Trophy.
I think it's pretty cute, I personally call her iQue-chan. Being a fighter in Smash is one of her biggest dreams in life.
If Diskun represents the Famicom Disk System, then iQue-chan could represent the iQue Player.

What do you think though? Are you OK with this idea? Let me know if you want to show your support.

Support List:
smash puffle (me)
fleshdude.gov

Thank you for reading! :bee:

Last edited:

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
The iQue's a pretty unique bit of Nintendo history, so it'd be pretty neat to see it get some acknowledgement in Smash.

Consider me a supporter.

Top Bottom