• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Whenever I think of Sans' voice, I just think of his hilarious British accent from "If Undertale Was Realistic".
Those videos were my first introduction to undertale so all the voices there are the first thing I think when I think of any of the characters.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Whenever I think of Sans' voice, I just think of his hilarious British accent from "If Undertale Was Realistic".
For me, considering his "voice" is a sped-up recorded line of Patrick from that one episode from Spongebob, sometimes I imagine Sans constantly referencing his lines with a voice akin to Patrick's own.

"hey papyrus, ever wondered if spaghetti can make for a musical instrument?"

"BROTHER! AN IDEA LIKE THAT WOULDN'T WORK OUT AT ALL, DON'T BE RIDICULOUS!!"

"well, okay... how about mayonaise?"

D

Deleted member

I've never paid attention to my voice enough to know if I'm voice acting material.
Ditto here, except I know my voice isn’t voice acting material. Like, maybe if you casted me as a person with a lung disease or something, my voice might work? Idk, it seems super hoarse to me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This tweet has about as much validity as any random leaker. So, looks like Wright is Wrong.

D

Deleted member

This tweet has about as much validity as any random leaker. So, looks like Wright is Wrong.
Yes.

Because Fighter 5 is Darth Vader.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Random fact of the day: There exists a parallel world where the Detroit Lions and San Francisco 49ers are in the opposite cities. So it would be the Detroit 49ers and the San Francisco Lions instead of the other way around.

Other less interesting worlds include a fusion of San Francisco and Los Angeles, a world where Dinosaurs still exist, and a world where time runs in reverse.

D

Deleted member

Random fact of the day: There exists a parallel world where the Detroit Lions and San Francisco 49ers are in the opposite cities. So it would be the Detroit 49ers and the San Francisco Lions instead of the other way around.

Other less interesting worlds include a fusion of San Francisco and Los Angeles, a world where Dinosaurs still exist, and a world where time runs in reverse.
There’s also a world where Mario is seen as a never ever in a highly popular videogame crossover starring film and tv all stars such as Goku, Darth Vader, Godzilla or the Fantastic Four.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So some SMW Rom Hacker is claiming that Nintendo stole their concept from 2015 with the Ninji speedrun. This person claimed to have made a romhack where Multiple Marios appear on the screen to show other Kaizo attemps that were made, but Nintendo took it down way back in 2015, and now they claim that Ninty stole their idea for a profit. Now, i would link the tweet, but Twitter mobile removed that feature for some reason.

So thoughts on this?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So some SMW Rom Hacker is claiming that Nintendo stole their concept from 2015 with the Ninji speedrun. This person claimed to have made a romhack where Multiple Marios appear on the screen to show other Kaizo attemps that were made, but Nintendo took it down way back in 2015, and now they claim that Ninty stole their idea for a profit. Now, i would link the tweet, but Twitter mobile removed that feature for some reason.

So thoughts on this?
Seems kinda shady at first glance, ngl.

But I will have to do research before making specific claims.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Seems kinda shady at first glance, ngl.

But I will have to do research before making specific claims.
Tbh, I honestly doubt Nintendo intended to steal her idea, but the speedrun community has a habit of overreacting to such trivial stuff, but I cam see the frustration.

Howrver, Ninty did do Ghost mode back in Mario Kart, and it is very popular with online racing and platforming games, so I highly doubt they went out of their way to steal qn idea.

D

Deleted member

Tbh, I honestly doubt Nintendo intended to steal her idea, but the speedrun community has a habit of overreacting to such trivial stuff, but I cam see the frustration.

Howrver, Ninty did do Ghost mode back in Mario Kart, and it is very popular with online racing and platforming games, so I highly doubt they went out of their way to steal qn idea.
Yeah, what yo say does make a lot of sense.

D

Deleted member

Ok I’m finally back in the social thread, what are we talking about?
Darth Vader is Fighter 5.

I leaked the amiibo, Vergeben confirmed him by making an allegory of Goku being Fighter 5 and the hype is really in the air.

D

Deleted member

Oh, yeah, while we’re slowly moving on from the VA talk:

I probably won’t do this again, but a few months back, I did record my voice and use it in stuff.
So uh, yeah. Tagging @Taylor F and Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! because I think you two might be interested in this?
Oh yeah, the video quality is pretty bad, not really that good at getting shots while using my phone.(Especially considering that means I have to record the entire skit one-handed pretty much)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well, that’s true and all, the problem is I dunno WHO they play, so I can’t really make a fair assessment.

I mean, hot take, but I really don’t care about memorizing who plays what in big-buck media, it’s just words on a screen to me.
I dunno, I mean unlike Hollywood, I don’t expect everyone to see a film purely on star power though as someone who grew up in local theater as well as spends a lot of time working on dream castings for not only my own work but for stuff I’m interested in, i have a certain appreciation for the talent behind the characters they play.

D

Deleted member

I dunno, I mean unlike Hollywood, I don’t expect everyone to see a film purely on star power though as someone who grew up in local theater as well as spends a lot of time working on dream castings for not only my own work but for stuff I’m interested in, i have a certain appreciation for the talent behind the characters they play.
Well, I’m gonna try to not be rude here as much as possible:
eh, It’s not that I don’t appreciate the effort people put into Voice acting, just that I can’t be bothered to memorize what they do as a VA(I know who Ryan Renolds is from the memes, for example)

D

Deleted member

the difference between erik and the great sylvando is that erik didn't single-handedly carry me through the phnom nonh boss on stronger enemies at level 24
Sylvando also saved the whole kingdom from depression by making everyone’s lifes better.

He is just a chad

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm seeing a lot of "Game of the Decade" stuff on Youtube.

Was there a lot of "Game of the Millenium" stuff back in 2000? (Even if that was in practice game of the last 30 or so years)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
the difference between erik and the great sylvando is that erik didn't single-handedly carry me through the phnom nonh boss on stronger enemies at level 24
No spoilers, but if you equip the right skills later on, Erik will carry HARD late mid to post game.

But keep Sylvando, because his support is great early on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can’t imagine any reason why anyone would hate Sirvando.

The character is too wholesome and blessed to be hated.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well, I’m gonna try to not be rude here as much as possible:
eh, It’s not that I don’t appreciate the effort people put into Voice acting, just that I can’t be bothered to memorize what they do as a VA(I know who Ryan Renolds is from the memes, for example)
Fair enough, I was just offering my perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom