• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeah but sometimes screaming is a minor part of the character's role.

For instance, our Relena was cast because she can nail that soft-spoken authority and girlish enthusiasm. But her voice isn't great for loud lines, so every time Relena has to raise her voice, it's a lot more effort.

It's worth it though because screaming isn't a major part of Relena's character; it just comes up at times.
Oh, yeah, and that's totally cool! Should have clarified, I'm referring to characters that scream a lot.
I wish I could be a voice actor...

Too bad that my family and some people at high school killed the dream for me by comparing the voice I have with the one of a Triple X film actor.

But oh well, hopefully in the future I can do something.
If you wanna go for it, go for it.

There's always gonna be people in your life saying "You can't do it!" and unfortunately, that is how it is. Trust me, though, anyone is capable of doing anything if they put their mind to it. (I mean, not defying the laws of gravity or something like that, but you get the idea.)

If you'd like, I can redirect you to a website with some amazing voice over tips and voice actors to get advice from. Maybe you could make a post about it there?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Alright. So.

Shenmue III.

It's a thing.

I have it.

I'mma play it.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Fair enough.

I've always preferred Bin Shimada's performance as Broly over Vic, anyway, so I'm not too bothered by JYB being cast to play him for the dub.
I grew up with both voices but always prefered Shimada's screams.

As far as the Broly movie is concerned I thought Vic's screaming was just pathetic. A far cry from Bin Shimada, who actually sounds scary, even in his speaking voice. Definitely someone you don't want to **** with.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh, yeah, and that's totally cool! Should have clarified, I'm referring to characters that scream a lot.

If you wanna go for it, go for it.

There's always gonna be people in your life saying "You can't do it!" and unfortunately, that is how it is. Trust me, though, anyone is capable of doing anything if they put their mind to it. (I mean, not defying the laws of gravity or something like that, but you get the idea.)

If you'd like, I can redirect you to a website with some amazing voice over tips and voice actors to get advice from. Maybe you could make a post about it there?
I keep meaning to put down a demo real. But I keep getting discouraged because I’ll think I’m doing a voice perfectly and then I hear it play back and it sounds nothing like what I intended.

D

Deleted member

I would appreciate a link to that site, yes.

Would be really good to save for future use.

D

Deleted member

I keep meaning to put down a demo real. But I keep getting discouraged because I’ll think I’m doing a voice perfectly and then I hear it play back and it sounds nothing like what I intended.
Yeah, that happens to everyone.

I think you should start with auditioning for a couple of fan projects before putting together a little demo reel. (Keyword: Little. Trying to seriously make a demo reel when you're beginning may come to bite back at you later.)

I'd reccomend checking out Casting Call Club for projects to audition for, and Voice Acting Club for amazing guides.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, same here. I'm just glad I've improved since then.
Whew boy, I HATE my older clips, but comparing them to my new ones, I have improved.

istillhatemyolderclipsthough

I can’t figure out why but no matter where or on what my voice gets recorded, it never sounds like what I hear when I hear myself talk.
As I said earlier, that happens sometimes. It may be reverb, perhaps? Try recording in a closet with blankets and t-shirts.

Of course, it may be completely different, but that solved a good amount of my problems.
I would appreciate a link to that site, yes.

Would be really good to save for future use.
Okay, first, I'd check out Casting Call Clubs. It's a website where you can hold casting calls and submit auditions!
https://www.castingcall.club/

Second off, I'm recommend Voice Acting Club. It's an amazing website and has a lot of professionals to get advice from. It's owned by Kira Buckland, and she also has a lot of amazing guides. (She also voiced in Detective Pikachu. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure as well, if I recall correctly. She also voiced Jibanyan in the anime for a bit. Pretty cool stuff.)
http://voiceacting.boards.net/

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I can’t figure out why but no matter where or on what my voice gets recorded, it never sounds like what I hear when I hear myself talk.
I can relate, I tried recording myself one-time for something school-related and the video made my voice sound deeper than what I hear of it.

D

Deleted member

I mean I like how my voice sounds inside my head, but whenever I hear it back, it always sounds lower pitched and my slight lisp sounds a lot more pronounced.
Believe me when I say that people IRL deeply despise my voice besides my parents and friends.

They think I sound brainless or like an alcoholic, and that has gotten me into a lot of problems in the past.

That problem hasn’t caused as much trouble as in the past recently (years ago I even asked to operate myself so I could change it from how things were going without success), but I still feel uncomfortable hearing myself.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
As I said earlier, that happens sometimes. It may be reverb, perhaps? Try recording in a closet with blankets and t-shirts.

Of course, it may be completely different, but that solved a good amount of my problems.
It sounds the same whenever I record in a professional sound booth or using the mic on a Nikon camera

D

Deleted member

Whew boy, I HATE my older clips, but comparing them to my new ones, I have improved.

istillhatemyolderclipsthough

Okay, first, I'd check out Casting Call Clubs. It's a website where you can hold casting calls and submit auditions!
https://www.castingcall.club/

Second off, I'm recommend Voice Acting Club. It's an amazing website and has a lot of professionals to get advice from. It's owned by Kira Buckland, and she also has a lot of amazing guides. (She also voiced in Detective Pikachu. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure as well, if I recall correctly. She also voiced Jibanyan in the anime for a bit. Pretty cool stuff.)
http://voiceacting.boards.net/
Thanks for the links!

I saved them on favourites.

D

Deleted member

It sounds the same whenever I record in a professional sound booth or using the mic on a Nikon camera
In that case, it probably has to due with the way our voices generally sound different to us. I'm afraid there's not to much I can say there.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The only time I've actually recorded in a sound booth was for my very first voice over role. I recorded some audio for a commercial advertising a zoo. This was a long time ago, though. I think I was about six. Voice over wasn't really something on my mind at the time.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean I like how my voice sounds inside my head, but whenever I hear it back, it always sounds lower pitched and my slight lisp sounds a lot more pronounced.
I don’t even like that. Every time I think about what I want to say or imagine saying something in the future it’s always with some other girl’s voice. Most often Kari Wahlgren’s.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
In that case, it probably has to due with the way our voices generally sound different to us. I'm afraid there's not to much I can say there.
It bugs me because I know that’s how I sound to other people, my family and friends and anyone I talk to hear that version of me, and it irritates me knowing that.

D

Deleted member

If I recall correctly, this is a common “problem” caused by how our brains precieve sound. Like, your voice will sound lighter to you, but it may actually be super deep.

I have the same problem, and outside of some ludicrously expensive “solutions” (and quite dubious in nature) it isn’t something that you can just fix by changing equipment or anything.

I guess you could just stuff a bunch a helium up your throat, but assuming my knowledge of the body is correct, that would kill you. So uh...

D

Deleted member

It bugs me because I know that’s how I sound to other people, my family and friends and anyone I talk to hear that version of me, and it irritates me knowing that.
This is me when I prerecord audio for school projects: like my irl voice sounds super deep(think cliche nerd teenager, that’s about what my voice sounds like)

D

Deleted member

Honestly, wish I could get more critique on my voice over. Typically all I get is either "It's good," or "It's bad."

D

Deleted member

I’m sure you’v seen some movies in the past two decades with them or at least heard their voices some where
Well, that’s true and all, the problem is I dunno WHO they play, so I can’t really make a fair assessment.

I mean, hot take, but I really don’t care about memorizing who plays what in big-buck media, it’s just words on a screen to me.

Shroob

Sup?
At least y'all don't sound like the "generic deep laugh" audio they use in FNAF1 when you talk despite sounding like a squeaky mouse in your head.

D

Deleted member

My voice is in a place I'm pretty happy with. Not to high, but not to low.

Means I can do dude voices and kids.

D

Deleted member

At least y'all don't sound like the "generic deep laugh" audio they use in FNAF1 when you talk despite sounding like a squeaky mouse in your head.
In my head I sound like Urkel

In recordings I sound like Sans’ voice clip
I just read these two posts back to back and now the FNAF 1 laughter sounds like Sans to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom