• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Just discovered a game one of my friends voices in is coming to the Switch. That's pretty impressive.

Honestly, I'd love to voice in a game that makes it to a big console. (Switch, XBox, Playstation, etc.) That's a goal of mine.

I think what's crazy is that, looking at how things have been going for me, that might just be a thing in the next 2 or so years. I know I actually got the chance to actually audition for a Switch game a while back. I was not cast, but the fact that I even got the chance is still amazing.

So, that may actually be a thing that happens in the next couple of years. I'll definitely be working towards that.
Oh wow, that's amazing! What game is it?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Just discovered a game one of my friends voices in is coming to the Switch. That's pretty impressive.

Honestly, I'd love to voice in a game that makes it to a big console. (Switch, XBox, Playstation, etc.) That's a goal of mine.

I think that's crazy is that, looking at how things have been going for me, that might just be a thing in the next 2 or so years. I know I actually got the chance to actually audition for a Switch game a while back. I was not cast, but the fact that I even got the chance is still amazing.

So, that may actually be a thing that happens in the next couple of years. I'll definitely be working towards that.
That's awesome, dude. I hope the games you voice in make it to consoles.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

I think what's crazy is that, looking at how things have been going for me, that might just be a thing in the next 2 or so years. I know I actually got the chance to actually audition for a Switch game a while back. I was not cast, but the fact that I even got the chance is still amazing.

Which voice actor?

D

Deleted member

Oh wow, that's amazing! What game is it?
It's a game called Buddinpals. It's on Steam right now.

That's awesome, dude. I hope the games you voice in make it to consoles.
Thank you! :)

Not a game I voice in, but Sticky Paws has a good sporting chance of making it to the Switch in my opinion. I really do believe it has a fighting chance.

i actually like sticky paws more than buddinpals cause its more fun and has more charm so hrmmmmm maybeeee

Last edited by a moderator:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Y'all dbfz is so good. I wish I had gotten it a long time ago. My main problem with dbz games has always been that there's no challenge, so in a weird way i'm glad I suck at the game right now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I don’t but that this is real, but at the same time I could totally see Pokémon company being stupid enough to think like this. And if it’s actually true, there needs to be some way to revoke their rights to the franchise tbh

Noipoi

Howdy!

Look at you Mr Nintendo all star

D

Deleted member

Wishing you luck on achieving that dream!

I would fight my parents to buy a Switch game with your voice work!

D

Deleted member

Look at you Mr Nintendo all star
Haha, hopefully soon! I have a feeling that may actually come faster than I think it will. I sure hope so!

You fellas remember the game Pine? It was showed off in a Nintendo Direct once. That was the game I auditioned for.

D

Deleted member

Haha, hopefully soon! I have a feeling that may actually come faster than I think it will. I sure hope so!

You fellas remember the game Pine? It was showed off in a Nintendo Direct once. That was the game I auditioned for.
Oh, that is interesting for sure!

Oh hello, legos are in space now!
I love LEGO stuff, so this does seem quite cool!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It's a game called Buddinpals. It's on Steam right now.

Thank you! :)

Not a game I voice in, but Sticky Paws has a good sporting chance of making it to the Switch in my opinion. I really do believe it has a fighting chance.

i actually like sticky paws more than buddinpals cause its more fun and has more charm so hrmmmmm maybeeee
Hopefully you're right.

I'd love to pick up Sticky Paws just to show some support for you guys but I don't have Steam...

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I don’t but that this is real, but at the same time I could totally see Pokémon company being stupid enough to think like this. And if it’s actually true, there needs to be some way to revoke their rights to the franchise tbh
Any "Westerner knows intel from a Japanese company" leak is fake
Heres the real truth:

HD development is HARD and Gamefreak was never talented in game development to begin with

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm not sure how a Diamond/Pearl remake will be done with the cuts Sword/Shield made.

Sword/Shield cut Hidden Power and Unown is in the Sinnoh Dex (unless they bring it back)

D

Deleted member

Hopefully you're right.

I'd love to pick up Sticky Paws just to show some support for you guys but I don't have Steam...
Aww, that's so sweet. I really appreciate that!

If you really do wanna try it out, it's on GameJolt as well. There's also a demo. (Fair warning, I think he included too many levels in the demo. LOL If you do decide to try out the demo, for the full experience, only play level 1 in the demo. Maybe level 2.)

https://gamejolt.com/games/sticky-paws/384036

D

Deleted member

Aww, that's so sweet. I really appreciate that!

If you really do wanna try it out, it's on GameJolt as well. There's also a demo. (Fair warning, I think he included too many levels in the demo. LOL If you do decide to try out the demo, for the full experience, only play level 1 in the demo. Maybe level 2.)

https://gamejolt.com/games/sticky-paws/384036
Oh, I’ll try to convince my mother this weekend to let me use her computer and play the demo!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Seems like it's definitely fake, the leaker's intro even makes him sound like he's trying to parody Vergeben.

However, it seems Masuda and Ishihara definitely leaned toward the mobile business more and thought the Switch would fail...

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure how a Diamond/Pearl remake will be done with the cuts Sword/Shield made.

Sword/Shield cut Hidden Power and Unown is in the Sinnoh Dex (unless they bring it back)
I'm fairly certain Pokemon is going to just be putting some mons on rotation now, so I'm sure they could do it

I Just wish GameFreak would get their **** together and not half ass this next one, as much as I enjoyed SwSh it feels a bit hollow knowing that over half the Pokemon were cut

Noipoi

Howdy!

aint nothin stopping them from bringing the move back for a game. Pokémon are in rotation now, and moves could be too.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I can legit hear Lelouch, Zero, Ichigo, and Nero in his Broly performance.

This guy has, like, no range.

D

Deleted member

I can legit hear Lelouch, Zero, Ichigo, and Nero in his Broly performance.

This guy has, like, no range.
No range isn't an issue, but having more range will definitely help you get more roles. In the end, it boils down to the acting, though.

Now, if this guy is voicing multiple characters in the same project and he has no range, then we've got a problem, but I assume that's not the case.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Pretty sure it just sorta fizzled out becasue there was nothing really there. He's probably still blacklisted a few places, but I don't think there were any charges.
He's at least lost a quarter million for his legal fees as he sued Funimation for deliberately doing it to sabotage his career, the judge found them not guilty and vic has to pay the money his fans raised for his legal fees to them

D

Deleted member

No range isn't an issue, but having more range will definitely help you get more roles. In the end, it boils down to the acting, though.

Now, if this guy is voicing multiple characters in the same project and he has no range, then we've got a problem, but I assume that's not the case.
Exactly.

What matters is not the amount of voice ranges he has, but instead if his range does work for the roles he is casted for and as you said, differ in the case of voicing many characters in a single production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom