• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah, the marketing has been super bad this year.
I don't blame them.

Last time, they revealed too much, so now they're trying to figure out what to show.

Honestly, they didn't do that bad. The only thing I would of changed was that they should have revealed the starter evos earlier than now, first as the secondaries, then near the end, the final evos.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, it would be nice to see the Pokemon's personality in addition to it's design. Might help change some people's opinioins on them.

Or there's still a tiny chance those leaks are fake. I know they're not, but there's still a tiny chance. And I will sing praises to the high heavens if that 0.05% chance pulls through for me.
You know, there's no guarantee that you'll like that hypothetical real designs.

D

Deleted member

You know, there's no guarantee that you'll like that hypothetical real designs.
Are you sure you want to roll the dice..?

dammit it's taking forever for the stupid images to load, just image some poorly drawn fan design images here

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah when you think about it, you could have what you have now, or have something else with no guarantees that the grass is greener.

At the end of the day, what we got was acceptable. Even I gradually accepted Sobble's evolutions. But I fell in love with Cinderace, I personally believe that it and its entire line are going to be my most favorite Pokemon of the entire generation.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah when you think about it, you could have what you have now, or have something else with no guarantees that the grass is greener.

At the end of the day, what we got was acceptable. Even I gradually accepted Sobble's evolutions. But I fell in love with Cinderace, I personally believe that it and its entire line are going to be my most favorite Pokemon of the entire generation.
I mean, good for you. But I still don't like them. And it made me take the game off my Christmas list. (I don't want to play this game even if I don't have to spend money on it, is my implication). They all feel like they're catering to the same demographic, instead of picking multiple design directions to appeal to a wider variety of people. And that demographic they catered to is not me. And even beyond that, Intelleon is ugly and Cinderrace is kind of boring. Rillaboom is at least.... well designed.... but he lacks all the charm of his starting form and was a major letdown for me in particular considering how much love Grookey. I wanted to build my Evil Pokemon team idea around my character's relationship with that Pokemon, but I can't do that because the final design goes against the narrative I wanted to work with. I had come up with an alternate narrative in case they did go with a big strong gorilla, but especially given my reaction apon the leak, doing that now would just come across as petty venting despite having the idea well in advance. I know it's my fault for getting so attached to a fictional character that I knew had a chance of not existing, but even if I didn't like Grooky's evolution I expected to like at least one of the starters. And I don't. So I'm dissapointed and would gladly roll the dice on different "real" designs just because there would then be a chance of me liking one of the new designs. And I'm gonna stop here before I go into some of the same depressive ranting I'm apparently famous for and dig myself into another hole.

Why can I go on for paragraphs and paragraphs about stuff like this and writing essays is still something I struggle with?

D

Deleted member

Good morning people.

Eh? Looks like nothing interesting is happening here other than some Pokemon leaks and stuff anout Geno.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Ey people, any updates on leaks or the like?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ey people, any updates on leaks or the like?
No but Terry can Super on wakeup

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
I mean, good for you. But I still don't like them. And it made me take the game off my Christmas list. (I don't want to play this game even if I don't have to spend money on it, is my implication). They all feel like they're catering to the same demographic, instead of picking multiple design directions to appeal to a wider variety of people. And that demographic they catered to is not me. And even beyond that, Intelleon is ugly and Cinderrace is kind of boring. Rillaboom is at least.... well designed.... but he lacks all the charm of his starting form and was a major letdown for me in particular considering how much love Grookey. I wanted to build my Evil Pokemon team idea around my character's relationship with that Pokemon, but I can't do that because the final design goes against the narrative I wanted to work with. I had come up with an alternate narrative in case they did go with a big strong gorilla, but especially given my reaction apon the leak, doing that now would just come across as petty venting despite having the idea well in advance. I know it's my fault for getting so attached to a fictional character that I knew had a chance of not existing, but even if I didn't like Grooky's evolution I expected to like at least one of the starters. And I don't. So I'm dissapointed and would gladly roll the dice on different "real" designs just because there would then be a chance of me liking one of the new designs. And I'm gonna stop here before I go into some of the same depressive ranting I'm apparently famous for and dig myself into another hole.

Why can I go on for paragraphs and paragraphs about stuff like this and writing essays is still something I struggle with?
Legitimately, probably just because the essays you have to write are about topics you aren't as passionate about as you are with stuff like Pokemon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
SneakyLink SneakyLink That was a fun one. I'm surprised Smash 4 Ridley was... so nice compared to the others. Gooigi I don't know the personality of yet, but Toyagumon is actually a more fun-loving and non-destructive person. It's hilarious how much the HG scenarios destroy canon. As well as strange deaths sometimes due to that.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m thinking of doing a second HG around for those who missed round 1. For those who missed it: @Lesley Black Velvet won.
Any objections?
Note, same tributes.
Sounds good to me! I do want one of my tributes changed though, if that is okay. I'd like Morgana (Pretty sure I submitted him) changed to Vinny. He's just a character I voice. I thought it might be funny to see him in this.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I found this recreation of an old Fatal Fury artwork piece on Twitter, it's impressive that's for sure.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I was fighting a Terry ditto in the new tournament, and he tried to do a nair just as a hammer spawned above him. He grabbed it on accident.
1573254726681.png

That's probably the saddest death I've seen in Smash.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's me walking across space-time and beyond dimensions, reality and existence itself:
521a692255abb7f07ade5e9832867ca22b9293b2_00.gif

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

FNAF 1 and 2 just got added to the eShop as well. Releasing 3 first was probably just a mistake.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Shame with the movie is that the closest viewing is 30 minutes away. The curse of living in a small town.

I'll be home shortly after 10pm hopefully and then I can give a mini-review of 2019's Joker.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
FNAF 1 and 2 just got added to the eShop as well. Releasing 3 first was probably just a mistake.
I absolutely LOVE this artwork on the Nintendo page.
1573255706475.png

I'm hoping we get more artwork for ports in this style.

Edit: We got art of Chica in this style on the FNAF 2 page!
1573255839377.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom