• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
really makes you think

1573245775113.png

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
018.g1t.00.png

"You know professor, I first thought my life was a tragedy"
Society Dimitri.png

"....Until I realized it was a comedy."

Bottom text

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I just finished looking over the 15th chapter of the fanfic that me and a friend are writing. We're at like, 135 pages now in Microsoft Word. The thing has become a novel lol. Gonna go fetch dinner soon too.

hbu
Ahh nice. Hopefully I won't forget to send in feedback on this one.
Been trying to catch up on school all day, i've been putting off my lessons for a while lol.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I've already said why I don't think Spirit upgrades are likely whatsoever, and I've asked for reasons why it would be likely. I haven't gotten any arguments besides "Sakurai could..." statements, which aren't arguments. It's a hypothetical, which isn't evidence. Meanwhile, I've suggested why it seems to not be likely, but I'm met with, "But Sakurai could...", each time.

I said nothing of being deserving, so I'm not quite sure where that came from. My point to your comment was, "If Sakurai knew that Geno was popular for nearly a decade, and made the decision (despite that known popularity) to still keep him non-playable, why would that same popularity suddenly, despite the prior knowledge of his popularity, cause Sakurai to suddenly make Geno playable?"

Instead, he made him the #1 class of Spirit over nearly 1000 others. That's my point. Despite the popularity, and the chance to make him playable as DLC, Sakurai still didn't.

Why would he do it now if the popularity of the character resulted in a Mii Costume previously and a Spirit now?
In my opinion, this is a non argument. Why would he do something that he's never done before? Maybe because everything has to happen for the first time once?

Like, I wanted to bring up how square wasn't cooperative before Smash4, and how Ultimate had a very limited amount of base newcomers and he just couldn't fit Geno in, how he likely didn't know he was gonna get to do DLC as the time of deciding the spirits so he threw the fans a tiny bone, and that he still COULD be in this pass because we don't know yet, but I've brought this all up before and apparently that's not enough of an argument for you.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
In my opinion, this is a non argument. Why would he do something that he's never done before? Maybe because everything has to happen for the first time once?
That...is a non-argument. That avoids the question of, “WHY would they do it in the first place?”

You’re not answering the question. I have provided evidence in the past which, to me, suggests it won’t happen. Numerous times.

Why would Sakurai upgrade Geno now if he, ultimately, decided to not do that earlier when he had the opportunity to do so?

That is a valid question, and I have yet to receive an answer.

It’s the same question we could ask about Waluigi. If Sakurai wanted to make Waluigi playable, he absolutely could have. But he didn’t.

Frankly, it’s not me necessarily being a monolith. People are dodging my question with “could” statements, which isn’t an answer but a suggestion.

THAT is my frustration.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That...is a non-argument. That avoids the question of, “WHY would they do it in the first place?”

You’re not answering the question. I have provided evidence in the past which, to me, suggests it won’t happen. Numerous times.

Why would Sakurai upgrade Geno now if he, ultimately, decided to not do that earlier when he had the opportunity to do so?

That is a valid question, and I have yet to receive an answer.

It’s the same question we could ask about Waluigi. If Sakurai wanted to make Waluigi playable, he absolutely could have. But he didn’t.

Frankly, it’s not me necessarily being a monolith. People are dodging my question with “could” statements, which isn’t an answer but a suggestion.

THAT is my frustration.
I mean, why would he add any character? Why would he upgrade any character? Why would he do anything? I gave you an idea for one potential narrative for why Geno hasn't made it yet. And there are probably others that I haven't come up with. And there's our fundamental disconnect. You're operating under the assumption that he's had the opportunity to add him in the past. I'm arguing that he hasn't had the opportunity until DLC rolled around for this game.

Also, you really need to think about how you're phrasing this. Because when you ask "why would he add Geno?" it is very easy to read that statement as a dislike for the character or thinking that other characters belong in the game over him. I know you said you liked the character earlier, but you're not effectively communicating that with your arguments.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean, why would he add any character? Why would he upgrade any character? Why would he do anything? I gave you an idea for one potential narrative for why Geno hasn't made it yet. And there are probably others that I haven't come up with. And there's our fundamental disconnect. You're operating under the assumption that he's had the opportunity to add him in the past. I'm arguing that he hasn't had the opportunity until DLC rolled around for this game.

Also, you really need to think about how you're phrasing this. Because when you ask "why would he add Geno?" it is very easy to read that statement as a dislike for the character or thinking that other characters belong in the game over him. I know you said you liked the character earlier, but you're not effectively communicating that with your arguments.
Despite the fact that I stated I liked the character, that is overall irrelevant to my argument. I can think a character won’t be playable while liking the character. I don’t know how I can be clearer when I outright said I like him.

My point is, he has had the chance in the past to add him if the DLC was decided before the game finished. He didn’t choose Geno. So why how?

If it’s an impasse, it is what it is. But that’s my point and I haven’t been convinced it’s going to happen yet.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hey, FNAF 3 just popped up on the Nintendo store. Makes you wonder where 1 and 2 are. lol

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/five-nights-at-freddys-3-switch/
They did say they would be porting several others, so I’ll definitely get a few. The only ones I’ve actually beaten are the original trilogy and Pizzeria Simulator, and I’ve played Ultimate Custom Night and Help Wanted. (Haven’t finished them just yet.) I don’t know which ones I will get, but I am getting Sister Location, as I love the character designs, voice over, and OST.

$7!??! Is that how expensive they are on Steam?
They are six dollars on Steam, if I recall.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Despite the fact that I stated I liked the character, that is overall irrelevant to my argument. I can think a character won’t be playable while liking the character. I don’t know how I can be clearer when I outright said I like him.

My point is, he has had the chance in the past to add him if the DLC was decided before the game finished. He didn’t choose Geno. So why how?

If it’s an impasse, it is what it is. But that’s my point and I haven’t been convinced it’s going to happen yet.
To be fair, we don't know of he is in this pass or not.
With one of the characters containing a corpse in it, possibly. lol

Pretty sure they go for a little cheaper.
They did say they would be porting several others, so I’ll definitely get a few. The only ones I’ve actually beaten are the original trilogy and Pizzeria Simulator, and I’ve played Ultimate Custom Night and Help Wanted. (Haven’t finished them just yet.) I don’t know which ones I will get, but I am getting Sister Location, as I love the character designs, voice over, and OST.

They are six dollars on Steam, if I recall.
Really? Cause honestly, I've seen the entirety of every game in the series and.... when these games have been out for as long as they have..... I would expect all 6 for like, a $15 bundle, maybe $20. If you threw in FNaF World and UCN then maybe you could get away with $30.

At this price, the entire series (Including FNaF World and Ultimate Custom Night) goes for around the same price as a full retail game and that just feels... wrong. In fact, the FNaF Franchise bundle on STEAM is $29.55 and Pizzeria Simulator, Ultimate Custom Night, and FNaF World are FREE. I guess we have to see how everything is priced once it's all on the eShop... but for now.... it just feels weird.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Ah, that's a bummer.

Have people figured out the best class/build for her, yet?
She has strenghts in Sword, Axes, Bows and Faith Magic.

Her growth rates are actually quite similar to those of Manuela, with a bit less spd and a bit more... charm I believe?

Edit: She also has a Hidden Talent in Riding. And weakness in Authority and Reason Magic.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
will the absolute einstein of social engineering please stand up?
Well it was a great run while it lasted. Deep down I had a gut feeling it was fake tbh and good thing I kept my expectations low.

Guess Doom Slayer ain't our character at the VGA awards then. Calling it now its Old Man Ryu.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be fair, we don't know of he is in this pass or not.

Really? Cause honestly, I've seen the entirety of every game in the series and.... when these games have been out for as long as they have..... I would expect all 6 for like, a $15 bundle, maybe $20.
NahNah, considering the quality of the games, $6 is a steal!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Seems to be designed for Assassin but she has strengths in Axes and Faith as well so she can do other stuff.
I just read Assassin and I was like "...why are we talking about Fate in Ultimate Social?"

Heaven's Feel ruined me

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I feel like Geno is the next Ridley for Sakurai, only he hasn't been as honest with where he stands on the character as he was with the latter. Obviously I don't believe Geno is impossible, but I feel like fans keep moving the goalpost on what requirements he needs to meet, ignoring the suspicious lack of Geno despite Sakurai supposedly supporting the idea.

"Geno can't get in because of SE being stingy!"
*We get Cloud, Hero, and a Geno Mii Costume/Spirit.

"Sakurai said he wanted Geno in Smash. Chalk him up as 100% confirmed for the next game."
*Geno doesn't make the base roster of Ultimate despite Sakurai blatantly saying he wanted to see Geno in Smash.

"We got Ridley and K. Rool, so it's only a matter of time. He'll be DLC because he's popular."
*Five characters later, no Geno. Decent chance sixth character isn't Geno, which would mean Sakurai was orginally fine with ending Ultimate's DLC without Geno.

I wish Sakurai would talk about the character more, because it definitely feels like he hasn't shared everything with us. I think this extends past simply getting the rights from SE.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Dark Souls should be done downloading by tomorrow, so after work, I'll let you guys know how that is. Or at least, how I think of it.

Edit:
Jeese, Pokemon launches in 7 days and they still haven't officially revealed the starter evolutions......

The heck
Don't really think it matters at this point other than discussing it out of spoilers.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I feel like Geno is the next Ridley for Sakurai, only he hasn't been as honest with where he stands on the character as he was with the latter. Obviously I don't believe Geno is impossible, but I feel like fans keep moving the goalpost on what requirements he needs to meet, ignoring the suspicious lack of Geno despite Sakurai supposedly supporting the idea.

"Geno can't get in because of SE being stingy!"
*We get Cloud, Hero, and a Geno Mii Costume/Spirit.

"Sakurai said he wanted Geno in Smash. Chalk him up as 100% confirmed for the next game."
*Geno doesn't make the base roster of Ultimate despite Sakurai blatantly saying he wanted to see Geno in Smash.

"We got Ridley and K. Rool, so it's only a matter of time. He'll be DLC because he's popular."
*Five characters later, no Geno. Decent chance fifth character isn't Geno, which would mean Sakurai was orginally fine with ending Ultimate's DLC without Geno.

I wish Sakurai would talk about the character more, because it definitely feels like he hasn't shared everything with us. I think this extends past simply getting the rights from SE.
God, if he actually comes out and says he doesn't want Geno in the game hundreds of fans, probably more, will be so upset.

Like, I don't think this whole recognizability thing is entirely fair. Especially when it was factors other than the game's reception that made Super Mario RPG go away for a while. Same thing with Banjo. And Smash is a great opportunity to get characters to stick in people's minds. Like it or not, people are now never gonna forget characters like Rosalina, Greninja, and Incineroar ever again because that's just what Smash does to characters. We know that's why Square wanted Hero in, and we can guess that's why a lot of third party companies probably say yes. If you add Geno to Smash, he will become a recognizable Mario character in the future and could lead to other opportunities to work with Square on projects with the characters and world established by SMRPG because they see the potential demand. And what's the worst that could really happen if they add him in? He undersells? Nintendo can afford to swallow those losses. And we know there's a sizeable market of people who would love his inclusion. So why not take the risk?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Dark Souls should be done downloading by tomorrow, so after work, I'll let you guys know how that is. Or at least, how I think of it.

Edit:

Don't really think it matters at this point other than discussing it out of spoilers.
I mean, it would be nice to see the Pokemon's personality in addition to it's design. Might help change some people's opinioins on them.

Or there's still a tiny chance those leaks are fake. I know they're not, but there's still a tiny chance. And I will sing praises to the high heavens if that 0.05% chance pulls through for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom