• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Its come to the point that even Minecraft doesn't want to see my gross face. I tried loading it up and it froze on the first screen.

Lol bugged piece of ****.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don’t know. From a creative standpoint it’s possible to start from a place of “I want this minority in my game” and then develop it into a good deep and interesting character. It all depends on if the devs wanna put in the effort.

It works a tad different for Smash since Sakurai is basically dependent on the rest of the industry creating these characters for him though.
you are missing what Im saying. Im saying dont add a black person just to have a black person

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm a responsible adult who isn't buying Diablo 3 a week before the game I already planned to buy comes out.

Whew. I'm safe.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Alright arena events for HG are in. Here's what they are:
1. Thanos Snaps his fingers
2. Bowser enters the arena (by the way, getting Kidnapped by Bowser during this event results in elimination)
3. Everyone becomes Terry and tries to successfully pull off Crack Shot
4. NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy enters the arena with the legendary ban hammer of :foe!:
5. All the tributes are taken aboard an alien spaceship and forced to vote.... wait a minute, isn't this just Circle Sim?

Lemmie find the remaining images and then things can begin.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I never once said that online harassment is ok. I reeeaaallly don’t appreciate words being put in my mouth.

But still, regarding what you said, you are dissmissing a majority of consumer backlash as “online harassment”? Do you understand how potentially dangerous that mentality is?

They are not giving it to us for free. We are paying consumers for their product, and we have every right to let a company know if we are dissatisfied with their product, and sometimes, they might listen.

Imagine if no one spoke up about the lootboxes in Battlefront II. We have every right to be disappointed/disatisfied with a product that we are paying for.
Well, a certain amount of the backlash has certainly made some parts of the fanbase cross many lines like I've mentioned. Not to mention:

This same backlash has been actively tearing apart the Pokemon community as a whole, with some supporters of the "Bring Back NatDex" campaign dehumanzing those who're still excited for SW/SH as nothing more than "mindless sheep".

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
you are missing what Im saying. Im saying dont add a black person just to have a black person
I don’t necessarily think it matters why you add a minority character as long as you make them a good character that fits in the world is all I’m saying.

Like, if you make a really good and deep black character, why should it matter the reason you added them?

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
Alright arena events for HG are in. Here's what they are:
1. Thanos Snaps his fingers
2. Bowser enters the arena (by the way, getting Kidnapped by Bowser during this event results in elimination)
3. Everyone becomes Terry and tries to successfully pull off Crack Shot
4. NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy enters the arena with the legendary ban hammer of :foe!:
5. All the tributes are taken aboard an alien spaceship and forced to vote.... wait a minute, isn't this just Circle Sim?

Lemmie find the remaining images and then things can begin.
This is going to be EPIC! Hope my picks win!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
You say this ironically, but at this point, I wouldn’t even put it past them to do that.

And people here would still be defending them, just because its Pokemon, lol.
Nintendo would never allow such predatory practices on a console title, I refuse to believe that. Hell, they stopped CyGames from making Dragalia Lost more predatory in terms of practices.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo would never allow such predatory practices on a console title, I refuse to believe that. Hell, they stopped CyGames from making Dragalia Lost more predatory in terms of practices.
I'm still half-expecting SwSh to have a bunch of paid DLC with new pokemon and story content. And then the "Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon" re-release will just be the original now bundled with the DLC.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Well, a certain amount of the backlash has certainly made some parts of the fanbase cross many lines like I've mentioned. Not to mention:

This same backlash has been actively tearing apart the Pokemon community as a whole, with some supporters of the "Bring Back NatDex" campaign dehumanzing those who're still excited for SW/SH as nothing more than "mindless sheep".
I still think Gamefreak shouldn’t be immune to criticism, though I do agree some people are taking it too far. But literally every single movement like that is going to have some bad apples, that shouldn’t discredit many of the grievances that the normal, sane fans who just want nothing more than a quality game have.

And for the record, right now, I don’t even care about the Dex. I saw gameplay, and I think that it looks completely lifeless (such as the npcs in the towns, among other things), and that they did not put in a lot of effort at all into this project.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I mean yeah but also Mario Kart Tour.

Maybe be mobile but...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>sees download time
>15 hours

WHAT THE ****.

Edit: 16 HOURS?! WHAT THE ****???

Dude I'm buying physical copies from now on. Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
**** it. Dark Souls wins.
Are you Canadian? It is $40 here and we always get more pricey games (ignoring the exchange rate which makes it even in reality) so I assumed Americans get it at 25-30 at most.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I've been thinking: Thanos snapping his fingers is a weaker version of the Ryunka. That wiped out a whole planet compared to only half a population.

Oh by the way images are done. HG sim tributes will be shown soon.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
>sees download time
>15 hours

WHAT THE ****.

Edit: 16 HOURS?! WHAT THE ****???

Dude I'm buying physical copies from now on. Jesus Christ.
That's not how long it will actually take providing your connection is not terrible.

These timers fluctuate based on many factors.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Are you Canadian? It is $40 here and we always get more pricey games (ignoring the exchange rate which makes it even in reality) so I assumed Americans get it at 25-30 at most.
With tax, its $43.

But now I instantly regret buying it because now I have to wait half a ****ing day to download it.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Most definitely. Banjo Kazooie mains are living a dream, while Terry mains are people who are quite deep into the FGC or SNK supporters.

I for one want females as part of representation. That is why I'm preaching my "FP5 must be female". Because I want a new female character I can play as, and one I can relate with.
“Must” is a strong word. Sakurai can add whoever he wants, and he is not obligated to make gender a priority

D

Deleted member

you're missing the point

when you want a character cuz you liked their game, that means you've got a connection with them in some way

And when people want a character for their diversity, it's usually because they identify with them, whether it be their race, gender, orienation, etc. Once again, they technically still got a connection with the character in question

Wrong wording on my part, my apologies
My point is that you can apply the same to both genders.(or LGBT, if you wanna get snarky) Gender isn't a priority, and being radical about it to the point you only want someone in because of their gender? Not cool, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Well someone on one of my Discords apparently found a non-Smash leak:

Fortnite x Minecraft

Lemmie see if I can dig up if this is true or not.

Also HG will begin around Noon est.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I don’t necessarily think it matters why you add a minority character as long as you make them a good character that fits in the world is all I’m saying.

Like, if you make a really good and deep black character, why should it matter the reason you added them?
Thats not how having a rep works

D

Deleted member

Well someone on one of my Discords apparently found a non-Smash leak:

Fortnite x Minecraft

Lemmie see if I can dig up if this is true or not.

Also HG will begin around Noon est.
oh... oh nooo

I do not like this, at all!
1573227844148.png

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
My point is that you can apply the same to both genders.(or LGBT, if you wanna get snarky) Gender isn't a priority, and being radical about it to the point you only want someone in because of their gender? Not cool, imo.
it's literally the equivalent of... idk... only wanting someone in because you enjoyed their game

if that's considered fully acceptable, then wanting a character for their gender (or any other sort of diverse trait) should be, too

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

it's literally the equivalent of only wanting someone in because you like their game

if that's considered fully acceptable, then wanting a character for their gender (or any other sort of diverse trait) should be, too
Not exactly.

Sure, you could argue that, but the way I see it, wanting someone from a specific game means you like that game.

Wanting someone for their gender shows that you only care(or at least, mainly) about what they look like, and not whether or not you actually like em.

I'm dropping this now, sayanora!

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Thats something you need to figure out yourself. I do rps with my gf with OCs and stuff. We dont add in a minority character just so we can have one in our rps, They have to have a nice backstory, nice personality, they just have to be well thought out. We arent gonna add a trans character and make them be boiled down too JUST being that

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Thats something you need to figure out yourself. I do rps with my gf with OCs and stuff. We dont add in a minority character just so we can have one in our rps, They have to have a nice backstory, nice personality, they just have to be well thought out. We arent gonna add a trans character and make them be boiled down too JUST being that
Were you reading what I'm saying? I'm saying they're doing all that stuff that I bolded from your post, but they were added because the seed of the idea was "hey, lets add a black person". Are you saying that that can't happen? Because I will admit, it doesn't happen often, but my point is that it CAN. If they create a minority character that is all the things we both agree they need to be, then what does it matter the initial reason they came up with the idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom