• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeah, but 5 fighters as free updates? That's a bit much for a free update. Especially considering that 'short term loss' would take over a year with how long DLC character development takes.
Especially considering Nintendo could just, ya know, keep the Assist Trophies? Nothing said they have to be removed if they get upgraded(although considering Lucas and Mewtwo, there is precedent)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This is not going to go over well with Gamefreak.
Considering Japan is the target region, if SS flops there(and more likely than not, it will) GF will be in some hot ****.
Yeah, We all know wither a game does well over here doesnt matter, its if the gane does well In Japan. Idk whow the Japanese are taking this but the canceled launch even says something

D

Deleted member

1) Patitions do jack **** so this isna waste of time
2) Id rather have someone in not just because thry are a chick, thats narrow minded
Disagree on 1), agree heavily with 2)

Petitions have done stuff in the past, but doing it for Smash characters? Nah, nothin will happen.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Played Death Stranding for a hour, and it is honestly one of the most breathtaking atmospheres that I have experienced in a game in awhile.

If it continues to be like that, I honestly wouldn’t mind walking a majority of the game and watching movie like cutscenes.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, but 5 fighters as free updates? That's a bit much for a free update. Especially considering that 'short term loss' would take over a year with how long DLC character development takes.
Well then how would you suggest doing it? Like, I figured it helped that the trophies picked are all ones that are ko'able and have a sizeable amount of moves, essentially meaning they don't have to start completely from scratch.

D

Deleted member

Well then how would you suggest doing it? Like, I figured it helped that the trophies picked are all ones that are ko'able and have a sizeable amount of moves, essentially meaning they don't have to start completely from scratch.
1$ each, seperate from the regular DLC content.

Don't come with Music or Stages to accommodate the lower price.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I maintain that Waluigi, Krystal, Isaac, Spring Man, and Shovel Knight need the upgrade to full fighter and that Geno, Bandana Dee, Chorus Kids, Shantae, and Rayman should be freed from the spirit vault. I even made it into a DLC plan which I will share here.
Challenger Pack 5: Kazuya Mishima - Mishima Building - Tekken Songs and Spirits

Assist Trophy Upgrade Pack (Free Update)
  • Waluigi
  • Krystal
  • Isaac - Venus Lighthouse - Additional Golden Sun Music and Spirits
  • Spring Man - ARMS Grand Prix - Arms Music and Additional Spirits
  • Shovel Knight - Plains of Passage - Shovel Knight Music and Additional Spirits
  • Replacement Assist Trophies: Mallow, General Scales. Saturos and Menardi, Twintelle, and Sephiroth.
Bonus Character Pack: Geno - Forrest Maze - 4 Super Mario RPG Songs and 7 Spirits

Fighter Pass 2
  • Challenger Pack 6: Leon S. Kennedy (Chris Redfield alt) - Jill Valentine Echo Fighter (Claire Redfield alt) - Spencer Mansion - Resident Evil Spirits and Music
  • Challenger Pack 7: Crash Bandicoot - N. Sanity Beach - Crash Music and Spirits
  • Challenger Pack 8: Ryu Hayabusa - Sky City Tokyo - Ninja Gaiden Music and Spirits
  • Challenger Pack 9: Professor Layton - Curious Village - Professor Layton Music and Spirits
  • Challenger Pack 10: Tracer - King's Row - Overwatch Music and Spirits (I used to give this slot to Travis Touchdown but he kind of needs to curse and do lewd gestures to be reflected acuratley. Not like Doom, MK, or GoW where you can use all their normal attacks with the blood effect turned off and still be fine)
Bonus Character 2: Bandanna Dee

Fighter Pass 3
  • Challenger Pack 11: Chorus Kids or Karate Joe - Rhythm Heaven - Additional Rhythm Heaven Spirits and Music
  • Challenger Pack 12: Officer Howard - Astral Plain - Astral Chain Spirits and Music
  • Challenger Pack 13: Shantae - Scuttle Town - Shantae Music and Additional Spirits
  • Challenger Pack 14: Rayman - Band Land - Rayman Music and Additional Spirits
  • Challenger Pack 15: DoomSlayer - Phobos Base - Doom Music and Spirits
Really, these characters could go in any order. If anyone else wants to contribute to the Spirits and Music List from any given series, please let me know. I'm also gonna put together a few Mii Costume Lineups.
I've already accepted the fact that an RH rep is straight up not happening at this point

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Decided to officially rate my top 11 favorite films of 2019.

1. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
2. Joker
3. Missing Link
4. Hobbs and Shaw
5. Shazam!
6. Crawl
7. Spider-Man: Far From Home
8. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
9. Abominable
10. Stuber
11. Happy Death Day 2U

Honorable Mentions: Ad Astra, Child's Play, Detective Pikachu, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

D

Deleted member

Decided to officially rate my top 11 favorite films of 2019.

1. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
2. Joker
3. Missing Link
4. Hobbs and Shaw
5. Shazam!
6. Crawl
7. Spider-Man: Far From Home
8. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
9. Abominable
10. Stuber
11. Happy Death Day 2U

Honorable Mentions: Ad Astra, Child's Play, Detective Pikachu, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
Literally the only ones's I've seen this year:

Detective Pikachu #1
The Lego Movie 2 #2

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Apparently there was supposed to be a launch even in Japan for sword and shield but it was canceled
It was cancelled due to operational issues.

This is not going to go over well with Gamefreak.
Considering Japan is the target region, if SS flops there(and more likely than not, it will) GF will be in some hot ****.
Sword and Shield is not flopping in any region, Japan included. From what I've heard, there's still plenty of excitement for the games over there, and a lot of the SwSh themed merchandise is selling out.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Really hope we don’t have to wait another two months. I don’t think we will though, December seems like a perfect time for a reveal and January a perfect time for a release.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Really hope we don’t have to wait another two months. I don’t think we will though, December seems like a perfect time for a reveal and January a perfect time for a release.
I can survive a month. Two months though...I'm'a gonna be flipping a damn table if that happens.

D

Deleted member

It was cancelled due to operational issues.

Sword and Shield is not flopping in any region, Japan included. From what I've heard, there's still plenty of excitement for the games over there, and a lot of the SwSh themed merchandise is selling out.
Eh, I could see some sales being not as high as expected. Which for GF, could be pretty bad.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh, I only daid they dont work because I think Nintendo stated once that they dont listen to petitions
That, and the DLC have probably already been choosed in advance, so making a petition right now for a character seem too little, too late imo.

D

Deleted member

I mean. There are plenty of cool female characters that would work really well in Smash. I don’t think it’s wrong to want a little diversity in the roster.
well yeah, but the main issue is the fact that if you want a character in ONLY BECAUSE OF HER GENDER, you're doing something wrong.

Not to say that having Female characters(or even LGBT, for example) is bad, just that it shouldn't be the sole reason you want a character in.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I mean. There are plenty of cool female characters that would work really well in Smash. I don’t think it’s wrong to want a little diversity in the roster.
I mean it’s not like we’re totally lacking though, In the past two games we’ve gotten tons of new females and almost every time there’s a chance they throw in a female alt. I’m not against more female characters, though, I’ve said before Lara Croft and Dixie would be nice.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still pulling for Amaterasu giving Sakurai's statement of "Character being fun" which she easily fits the bill as.

Plus an quadrupedal female fighter.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Want to get a female newcomer for Smash? Sign this petition! Let your voices be heard!

http://chng.it/LWFtjZjMp5
My most wanted has nothing to do with gender or diversity, or filling that type of quota, but everything to do with the games I enjoy playing, and seeing them with the likes of Mario, Link, Sonic, ect.

So I’ll 100% pass on this, though I wouldn’t mind Jill or Reimu getting in

D

Deleted member

I'm at school again, the teachers just made the next couple of fridays mandatory for certain students. Kinda sucks..
Wait, where the hell do you live that you don't have to go to school Friday's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom