• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You know, hearing all the reasons why people picked Sobble and the "what this pokémon says about you" stuff, you'd think it would be a clear as day pick for me but no - I gravitate toward a bunny I know will get sexualized.
I like Scorbunny more because it reminds me of King Kazma

D

Deleted member

Speaking of mobile Pokemon games, was Duel ever actually finished? Last time I checked, you still couldn't access the last hotels and it is gonna be shutting down this month. So if not, it's really gonna be cutting it close.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hot Take: The Academy Awards need to die

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually tried that too. The game is so poorly optimized that even the APK failed to instal
Dang, hopefully something gets fixed and you can play it if your interested in it.
Speaking of mobile Pokemon games, was Duel ever actually finished? Last time I checked, you still couldn't access the last hotels and it is gonna be shutting down this month. So if not, it's really gonna be cutting it close.
I thought duels story was available completely from the start?

I only played it a month or so and enjoyed it but I stopped away ago so I don’t know what Happened after that.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So Galarian Ponyta has an ability that cures poison. It seems inspired by the legends that a unicorn's horn can detect and purify poisons.

In that sense, I guess it makes sense that they'd opt for a type that beats poison (psychic) over one that loses to it (fairy). Perhaps in lore, it is going to be the reason so many fairy types live in the same forest as it.

Either that or they're saving fairy-type for it's evolution. It's description mentions that it absorbs life energy into its mane, and life energy has been associated with dragon and fairy types in the past. Perhaps Galarian Rapidash will be a psychic-fairy who's mane is always glowing with life energy, rather then just some of the time.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So, what's been going on? I've been busy with visiting a counseling service for a therapy schedule. Then I've tried to get my phone charged with the cord & my faulty charger adapter in my Mom's working place before I can check back here, total pain in the a**.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
So, what's been going on? I've been busy with visiting a counseling service for a therapy schedule. Then I've tried to get my phone charged with the cord & my faulty charger adapter in my Mom's working place before I can check back here, total pain in the a**.
Is the counseling something you're looking forward to? I hope it goes well.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Fighting (and losing) to Joker so many times has birthed an unbridled hatred for Persona within me.

/s

But also not /s

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I like to imagine Banjo's Nuts & Bolts design isn't canon, but alas. Then again, Microsoft acts like it doesn't exist nowadays, and all their Banjo marketing is with classic Banjo. I'd assume N&B Banjo would be canon, since that is the newest installment in the series, but Microsoft is using Banjo for all of their new Banjo stuff.

I don't need sleep, I need answers.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Fighting (and losing) to Joker so many times has birthed an unbridled hatred for Persona within me.

/s

But also not /s
You'll never see Arsene Back-Air killing at 60% coming. :ultjoker:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Hot Take: The Academy Awards need to die
Most award shows are garbage anyway.

No, I didn't tune in to watch ads for products I have no intention of buying.
No, I didn't tune in to watch celebs preach to me about their superior views on politics.
No, I didn't tune in to watch certain awards get rigged in favor of undeserving nominees.

It also doesn't help that I dislike most celebs anyway, regardless of how good their movies or songs are.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I wish I was good at smash bruddas
You can totally become good if you really want to. It's a lot of effort and a different mindset than just playing casually for fun though. I spent nearly a decade competing seriously, so I can speak on the subject if you're ever interested.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 241444
I wish I was good at smash bruddas
You don't need to be good, you need to be annoying. I now have 1 friend who hates Hero as a whole, 1 friend who says he's fine with Hero until I throw out Kaboom which turns him feral and 1 friend who wants to ban me specifically from playing Hero.

Hero is the ultimate salt machine

D

Deleted member

I thought duels story was available completely from the start?

I only played it a month or so and enjoyed it but I stopped away ago so I don’t know what Happened after that.
Nope, as of last year, only 6 out of the 10 hotels were actually available. Not sure what the current situation is, but it kinda rubs me the wrong way to announce a new gacha game (Master) when the other one is being shut down in an unfinished state.

D

Deleted member

That Pepsiman PS4 facebook post just makes me ask one thing:

Is Pepsi trolling us or are they legit doing something with that character?

Bubsy somehow keeps getting games, so I guess anything's possible.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So Galarian Ponyta has an ability that cures poison. It seems inspired by the legends that a unicorn's horn can detect and purify poisons.

In that sense, I guess it makes sense that they'd opt for a type that beats poison (psychic) over one that loses to it (fairy). Perhaps in lore, it is going to be the reason so many fairy types live in the same forest as it.

Either that or they're saving fairy-type for it's evolution. It's description mentions that it absorbs life energy into its mane, and life energy has been associated with dragon and fairy types in the past. Perhaps Galarian Rapidash will be a psychic-fairy who's mane is always glowing with life energy, rather then just some of the time.
Regardless, depending on Galarian Ponyta's stats there's a real possibility that poison is dead in VGAs.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Rebecca sugar said at a event in Canada for animation that one of the influences for Spinnel that no one seemed to gather was this:
1570653390688.png

That’s some good taste in inspiration

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Galarian Ponyta absorbing life energy? I wonder what happens when a Ponyta can't control themselves and takes too much from others...

Psychic/Dark Rapidash?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I was gonna make a joke about the obvious G-Rapidash but then I remembered Pachurisu won a VGC tournament
Also Incineroar was incredibly popular in VGAs despite being a crappy Pokémon overall. Why? Because it had Intimidate.

I'm sure G-Rapidash will find use.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I hope Rapidash is an alicorn or at least has an alicorn evolution.

I also hope one of you will trade me a Ponyta for a Sirfetch'd or Farfetch'd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom