• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I think it's less that and more not every potential buyer follows the updates religiously. People miss stuff all the time.
It's not like these trailers exist for a day and then get erased forever from the internet though, everyone else should have to slog through the same boring information over and over because some people don't watch all of the trailers.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Holy crap guys, I just realized...

It's Lief Erikson day!!!
He and Christopher Columbus takes the credit of finding the Americas but really its the indigenous people who found it first. Shouldn't they get the credit? ;P

If anything its Indigenous People Day.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Okay, wait... Ponyta is psychic?

What the ****? The coloring... All the fairy types in the forest... I mean Rapidash can be a Fairy type but it still doesn't make any sense.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
What a pretty pretty pony.

But it does kill the 4chan rumor.that stated Galarian Ponyta is Fairy type.
Which seems so weird, how did they guess that specifically the Ponyta line would get a Galarian form AND that it would be a unicorn? (I know the leak didn't explicitly say it was a unicorn, but the Alicorn part implies it)

D

Deleted member

A fangame I voice in has been steadily releasing some bits of the OST, and gotta say, they did real good.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
To be fair, that icon does look like it could potentially be a series icon in Smash.

Why would they use a saving icon for a smash logo?

By that logic, that means every single video game I’ve ever played could potentially be represented in smash, since they all have saving icons like that.

D

Deleted member

So Ponyta is Psychic? Not even Fairy/Psychic but pure Psychic? That sure seems odd, based on its design. I guess that also means we won't be getting a Fairy/Flying Pegasus or Fairy/Water Kelpie evolution. Kind of a bummer.
What a pretty pretty pony.

But it does kill the 4chan rumor.that stated Galarian Ponyta is Fairy type.
Which one exactly?

@Bakugan2556 TheCJBrine TheCJBrine @Taigiry So, with this server hoster, it goes off after being inactive for a long period of time, so we'd have to arrange times to boot the server up. Do you all want to make a group chat to discuss times to play?
Eh, thanks for asking, but you really don't need to pay any attention to me. I'm not actively playing or anything.

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
How is Galarian Ponyta a Psychic-Type? Everything about that design screams Fairy. Maybe it'll gain that typing once it evolves.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
We already have two fairy types in the form of Alcremie and Impidimp, so I'm okay with Galarian Ponyta being psychic.

Actually, it's the first psychic we've gotten.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
@Bakugan2556 TheCJBrine TheCJBrine @Taigiry So, with this server hoster, it goes off after being inactive for a long period of time, so we'd have to arrange times to boot the server up. Do you all want to make a group chat to discuss times to play?
Whatever time is good for me, usually. We could start a chat, sure.

If it’s discord, though, I’ll need to make an account real quick in a bit.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pokemon always associates psychic type with the moon. Same with unicorns.

It's not that complicated.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I feel like it may get a new type when evolving.

But I suppose a psychic unicorn (literally MLP) is pretty cool. Best believe my Ponyta will be named Celestia if I get Shield.

Last edited:

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
I’ve kept this in for a while now but you must be the coolest teacher.
It's kinda funny how I only recently found out a little bit back that Jones is a teacher. Then again, I haven't been a board member for that long. How much convincing do I have to do for you to change your avatar to Byleth? You must relate to them a lot more than Edelgard!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't think there's anyone who I could say is 100% disconfirmed post-Fighter Pass, but DLC Spirits come closest. I'm sorry, but I think these characters wouldn't have been added as Spirits if Sakurai had bigger plans for them. He probably would've saved their Spirit for when they became a character.

Next would be DLC Mii Fighter costumes, which I don't think are as telling as DLC Spirits, but still pretty bad for a character's chances. Why make the costume if they're gonna be playable anyway?

Next in line are ATs, which I'm not really sure where I stand on. It's possible Sakurai could add them since the second wave wasn't planned before launch, but then again, they have pretty significant roles already. It hasn't happened before, which makes it a lot harder to say it's still possible without being influenced by a bias.

After that, I think everything else is fair game. Stage cameos and base game Spirits should be fine.
Little late but I agree with this 100%. Final Smash cameos (Kumatora, Mecha-Fiora, Bass etc) should be fine too thanks to Chrom

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They do? Fairy types are the ones that litterally have a move called Moonblast.
Moonlight is also a Fairy move now.

Clefable literally came from the moon. Fairy is absolutely more of the Moon type than Psychic is.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I figure to end my year with a bang for movies this year I'd make an attempt of an double feature of Gemini Man and Joker.

With the latter after some long thought and consideration I figure I just might give the movie a look.

I was against it at first due to Joker's origin better off being a mystery but as someone said a while back to just think of it as an Elseworld story. This being not the Joker we all know.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Which seems so weird, how did they guess that specifically the Ponyta line would get a Galarian form AND that it would be a unicorn? (I know the leak didn't explicitly say it was a unicorn, but the Alicorn part implies it)
A unicorn Ponyta has been a popular regional form idea since SM first revealed Alolan Vulpix, it's possible that they took a swing with a popular fan idea and ended up getting a hit, but not the full swing since GF threw a curveball and made it Psychic.

As for the reveal, my biggest surprise is that it wasn't followed by Galarian Rapidash or Impidimp, the former was implied in the livestream due to the cries and the latter messed with it the whole time to the point that people joke about it all the time, so you think they would've revealed them today. Instead we're still being kept in the dark about both and Impidimp in particular goes back into hiding as it did four months ago. I guess they were trying to keep reveal parity with the Sword exclusive Sirfetch'd since it was a lone reveal as well, but it's still odd that they'd go through the trouble of hinting at both and not indicating when we'll see them properly revealed.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Why make the costume if they're gonna be playable anyway?
On a similar note, regarding people who think an Undertale rep is still possible: Why wouldn't they wait for Frisk or whoever to be released to give us the Sans costume and Megalovania remix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom