• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Considering Phill Spencer has made a statement of wanting to release a new game from one of their studios every three months (meaning four games from four of their fifteen studios in a calendar year), then I HOPE that's not the case for Xbox at least.

Sony is still up their ass though so unless they reveal a completely different gameplay whenever they reveal the PS5, then I'm not expecting anything big from them.... really ever if I'm being honest. Maybe a new God of War, maybe a third party exclusive like SFV. Maybe a gem of a new IP like Horizon. But beyond that.... unless they change the PS5 is probably going to be the worst PlayStation in terms of library variety.

I know everyone is always telling me that the genres I like still live on in the indie scene, but I still want the big companies to get back into developing a more diverse range of titles from a diverse range of series. Why do we HAVE to only get Bloodborne and God of War and Horizon and Days Gone? Why can't we get some Ape Escape, Sly Cooper, Ratchet, and Jak thrown in there too? Why can't MediEvil be a console staple (which I hope it becomes after the remake?), Where on imaginary god's Green Earth is Twisted Metal? Why can't we get a God of War spinoff that's more like the classic games to keep hack n slashes alive? Why does it have to be one or the other?
Is it bad I don’t know half of the games you said from there gameplay, but from just there names, and nothing else?

D

Deleted member

New here and returning to smash after a few years, What are some good controllers for Ultimate? Doesn't have to be 1st party, anything goes at long as it's reliable and responsive.

D

Deleted member

Yes. But it's not your fault. It's Sony's.
Dunno about that, the kinda games I like is pretty small.
It’s pretty much only Nintendo games at this point, and a few mobile game.

TCGs are more my thing, I legit haven’t played a video game outside of mobile ones in weeks now.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
New here and returning to smash after a few years, What are some good controllers for Ultimate? Doesn't have to be 1st party, anything goes at long as it's reliable and responsive.
Welcome to Smashboards! As for controllers, the basic Switch controllers always got the job done for me. You can get a pro controller if you are playing on the big screen.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Dunno about that, the kinda games I like is pretty small.
It’s pretty much only Nintendo games at this point, and a few mobile game.

TCGs are more my thing, I legit haven’t played a video game outside of mobile ones in weeks now.
Okay. That's fair. But Sony hasn't done much to keep most of the games I listed out in the public conscious.

D

Deleted member

Welcome!
Now, shill time! /s
C19F023B-0945-4F3A-9A4B-AF93B355D0B5.gif

anyway, your best bet is a Pro Controller. Personal favorite of mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Shulk's english VA is so talented. There's a certain scene early in XC1 where he yells in fury, and it's SUPER intense. I get chills every time I listen to it.
The JPN actor is fine too, albeit a bit generic, but Adam Howden absolutely killed it as Shulk.

There's a scene near the end of the game where Shulk is screaming in pain and it's almost terrifying with how convincing Adam made it sound.

GhostM

Phantom
Might want to go with the good ol’ fashioned GameCube Controller and WiiU Gamecube Controller Adapter to plug into your Switch. You don’t necessarily have to do this option if you don’t have that controller nor the adapter, since the adapter is quite hard to find now. I almost never use third party controllers since they tend to stop working for me faster than normal controllers. You could try a pro controller for the switch, but to me it feels and looks more like an Xbox 360 controller more than anything.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Hey, welcome!
I just use the joy cons, sometimes a gamecube controller.

GhostM

Phantom
Exactly why I recommend it! :p
I don’t think it’s a bad controller but the handling of it will feel weird unless if you’ve held an Xbox controller before. Could imagine the struggle of someone who owns a PlayStation who uses a pro controller for the switch. Would feel really awkward when switching controllers when playing one console.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
If the PS4 and Xbox One are any indication, I'm guessing that the launch line-ups will consist of slightly prettier versions of games from the previous generation (along with a small amount of new games like Knack or Killer Instinct), and they won't get any meaningful exclusives until a few years in.
I'm probably going to wait a year after their release to get them. I really don't want a repeat of 2014. The only next gen game I got was Infamous while I ended up buying a lot of games like Persona 4 Arena and Lightning Returns for the PS3.

Last edited:

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I was just thinking it felt like it's been a long time since I joined this site, and I realized it's been a year since I joined
Albeit I'm two days late on this lol

D

Deleted member

Do 3rd party adapters work fine? No input latency or technical issues?
From reports, varies from brand to brand.
pro tip: if you have any concerns, look up hands-on video reviews of the product. Best way to figure out if it’s worth your hard-earned money.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I was just thinking it felt like it's been a long time since I joined this site, and I realized it's been a year since I joined
Albeit I'm two days late on this lol
somewhat relevant gif(joke is that he literally says "Welcome BACK" in english but that doesn't really show up in a gif)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I want to know more about how PS5 backwards compatibily works. I've heard some people say it won't be full BC, or it might be digital only, which would be a shame.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I want to know more about how PS5 backwards compatibily works. I've heard some people say it won't be full BC, or it might be digital only, which would be a shame.
If they donk up Backwards Compatability again then they're really gonna look bad compared to Xbox. Just inserting the disc of every game and being able to play it is the simplest and most consumer friendly way to do it. Especially since the PS3 could already play every PS1 game out the box thanks to digital PS1 emulation. And while the PS2 and PS3 are trickier to emulate, that's why Xbox is doing backwards compatibility the way they are. They're using digital emulation, but going through and testing each game so that they can iron out any emulation quirks before it becomes available to the users.

Although real talk, I'd pay extra for a model that just had the necessary hardware to play the games without this roleout service because there are a lot of games that I own that will probably never be made available on the service.

GhostM

Phantom
As far as I know, this is just a theory of mine, but Sony knows better than to abandon the players who bought the PS4, so they would have to program the PS5 with the same OS as the PS4, so the console can read PS4 games. They’ll probably still have the PS Now subscription available to stream older PlayStation titles since they wouldn’t abandon that service either. Not too sure about PS1 games, although I think they’re in the PS Now service, although I could be wrong.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
As far as I know, this is just a theory of mine, but Sony knows better than to abandon the players who bought the PS4, so they would have to program the PS5 with the same OS as the PS4, so the console can read PS4 games. They’ll probably still have the PS Now subscription available to stream older PlayStation titles since they wouldn’t abandon that service either. Not too sure about PS1 games, although I think they’re in the PS Now service, although I could be wrong.
I hope so. I never had a PS4, so I want to play those games when I get a PS5 (especially Persona 5, the game that got me interested in the idea of getting a PlayStation in the first place). It'd be a massive shame to need to get two systems.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Dragon Quest 3 seems to have aged a lot better and is way less cryptic than the first two games. I'm still a little bothered by how lacking the presentation is for the mobile/Switch versions compared to, say, the GBC remake, but it's not a deal breaker.

Really enjoying this one so far.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Huzzah!! I’ve returned! (Briefly, I’m on break at work)
So how are things going around here?

If we ever got a DC vs. Marvel fighting game, should it be more like Injustice or Marvel vs. Capcom?

or should we just cut the difference and get a LEGO game instead
I mean you wouldn’t have to worry about anyone being left out considering how many freaking characters LEGO games typically have...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Huzzah!! I’ve returned! (Briefly, I’m on break at work)
So how are things going around here?

I mean you wouldn’t have to worry about anyone being left out considering how many freaking characters LEGO games typically have...
Honestly, I want both. Both games would be an incredibly different experience. They could even both adapt different DC/Marvel crossover stories. JLA/Avengers for LEGO and DC vs. Marvel for the fighting game, albeit with alterations to both to better fit the current era of both companies. Like, one is a platform/puzzle/beat em up with lots of humor and fanservice; and the other is a more serious action-heavy vs. fighting game with, again, lots of fanservice. If DC and Marvel wanted to get together, those are the two games I'd want to see made.

You're right about the LEGO game not leaving anyone out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom