• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Is there a reason why it seems like people are treating Vergebens latest deconfirmation wave like its nothing now? I thought we have learned from the Grinch Leak that it is dangerous to doubt Verge.

And what was with all of the stuff about Kos-Mos before last nights VGAs?
Verge has gotten a lot right, but he isn't a messiah. Just a few days ago, Verge himself proved this when he had to correct himself after a lot of people questioned his latest batch of deconfirmations.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Sekiro: Shadow Dies Twice winning over Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is still such a joke. Totally robbed if you ask me...
Hey, Sekiro is still a game that was universally acclaimed. Makes total sense to me

I'm just happy it wasn't Death Stranding

still caught me off guard. if it wasn't DS or Ultimate, I was personally betting on RE2make to take it

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I’m probably going to bow out of FP5 speculation now thanks to Verge. (And to an extent Sabi)

According to him (from 3-4 days ago) literally every single character I wanted is out. Really no point in being on this board when there is a zero percent chance of getting a character you want.

And idk why people are just brushing that aside, but maybe I missed something, idk.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sekiro: Shadow Dies Twice winning over Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is still such a joke. Totally robbed if you ask me...
I love Smash and it was my vote for GotY, but on a more objective note it has very tangible problems, mainly the online. Sekiro is a borderline masterpiece. Smash was hardly "robbed," that's a joke.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Though don't get me wrong. Sekiro's still a fun game regardless and maybe I did exaggerate as Opossum stated above some problems with Ultimate was the online.
Good morning.

I'm very tired, and am thinking I could've slept more last night and it would've been a better use of my time.
How I'm personally feeling too. I still feel fatigued from yesterday night.

At least work will kick off it off. It always does.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Nah, Sekiro deserved that win. From Software's out here making bangers after banger after ban- okay maybe not Dark Souls II but a banger after and then they come out with Sekiro and it's a mastapiece.

They've almost mastered the art of difficult-but-super-fun-and-addicting games.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I do hope we get some news about Elden Ring soon. Although knowing GRRM he would probably be the main reason the game would get delayed.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Not a whole lot from the Game Awards that excited me - there were only three games (No More Heroes 3, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, The Wolf Among Us 2) that grabbed my attention (four if you count Doom Eternal). Also, a licensed game for the Fast and the Furious was a weird note to end the show on.

Not overly excited for the Xbox Series X (whoever decides on names for Xbox consoles should be fired) or Playstation 5, since I'm mainly concerned about exclusive games and there's not much to go on for that, but it did remind me that I should play some of Sony's first party exclusives, since I've mainly used my PS3 for Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts 1 (still at the start of KH2), and Metal Gear Solid 4.

Should I go with Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, or God of War? (that's God of War 1-3, not the new one)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Do you guys think an Direct will be announced next week? Its wishful thinking I'll admit but wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on the possibility.

Still expecting January though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So on a more positive note. Anyone have any Christmas movies they've watched already and has any that's left.

Still gotta get around to watching Krampus and Elf.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Do you guys think an Direct will be announced next week? Its wishful thinking I'll admit but wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on the possibility.

Mid-to-late January at best, mid-to-late February at worst. Early February is probably the most realistic to hope for, unless they drop the info in a mid-January Direct Mini. :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

I’m expecting this month, but because Christmas holiday, A direct would have to be next week.

so not getting my hopes too up, but a direct in January for #5? Nah, doesn’t seem likely to me.

If we’re talking about #5 AND the first extra DLC? Yeah, I can see it. But just #5? I X to doubt that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Jumping on to the #KOS-MOSisFP5 train now.

Not to say Master Chief still doesn't have a chance I just feel his chances for FP5 has significantly dropped.
As much as I want KOS-MOS in Smash, everything that was pointing towards her inclusion was either debunked last night or most likely just a coincidence (the mod takedown).

I don't have much faith in her chances now.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I saw this and didn't get to respond to come up with my own answer yet.

1. Mega Man X (Personal Favorite Pick)
2. Sora (I don't particularly want Sora, but he'd be hype for a TON of people)
3. Lara Croft (A couple friends/family online and IRL)
4. Elma (Xenoblade's got one hombre so why not one more?)
5. Buck Bumble (Gimme that OST!)

I'm sure this surprises no one.
For me:
  1. Maxwell
  2. Dixie Kong
  3. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kinda cheating with this one cause he's my second favorite, and I don't have any friends specifically who want him. But I do know users that do.)
  4. Kamek
  5. Guest (Roblox)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I’m expecting this month, but because Christmas holiday, A direct would have to be next week.

so not getting my hopes too up, but a direct in January for #5? Nah, doesn’t seem likely to me.
Hopefully you're right. We'll have until Tuesday or Wednesday potentially for an announcement.

Last edited:

MooMew64

Hey Gentlepanda Gentlepanda , I got some questions about Bravely:

I'm pretty interested in this Switch title, but I have yet to get around to playing the 3DS ones yet. Should I try to find copies/buy 'em off the eShop and play through 'em, or should I just wait for this Switch one?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Hey Gentlepanda Gentlepanda , I got some questions about Bravely:

I'm pretty interested in this Switch title, but I have yet to get around to playing the 3DS ones yet. Should I try to find copies/buy 'em off the eShop and play through 'em, or should I just wait for this Switch one?
since it's presumably a new world with new characters, default 2 should be accessible enough for first-timers, though second ends on a sequel hook so it's hard to tell how much that's going to factor into this

if you have the cash i'd buy default then second if you enjoy default anyway, since they're both fantastic games in their own right

MooMew64

since it's presumably a new world with new characters, default 2 should be accessible enough for first-timers, though second ends on a sequel hook so it's hard to tell how much that's going to factor into this

if you have the cash i'd buy default then second if you enjoy default anyway, since they're both fantastic games in their own right
Cool, thanks. I might look into trying out the first one come January, as I won't have any games to purchase then and it gives me time to play through DQ11S first.

D

Deleted member

Guess we're officially waiting for FP 5 again. While we're waiting, I'm betting the next DLC will be:

unknown.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In other news Shazam! 2 has a release date announced.

April 1st, 2020.

Anyways though I gotta get to work now. Hopefully cleanses away yesterday's fatigue. Talk with you more later tonight.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Marvel...Bigby Wolf...that was all we was given last night...I loved it...all you mother lovers will love and accept Marvel and Bigby Wolf

osby

Smash Obsessed
I saw this and had to share it.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

"im gonna lose my mind cuz of the cats at school"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I see this has been moved over to the Smasher's Hangout. I'm so late with things.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Calling it now:

first week of January a Nintendo direct will happen. Opens with Kos-MOs trailer for smash. Ends on Geno as the first post pass character trailer.

Odyssey two will will also be shown

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Do people still play that? I liked the first one ok but i'm not sure what 2 really has to offer that's different.
They're more or less the same but 2 has more characters, a bunch more characters.

They just added Android 21 to the roster. So that's neat I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom