• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I legitimately don't know what to think about this tbh.

I originally thought that maybe someone had like, reported his channel to Nintendo because "Mods bad", but they only took down the one video.

There's nothing Mario Kart related in the video.

The timing seems wayyy too much of a coincidence to not be intentional. This **** happens not even 20 hours until The Game Awards?

If this is just a coincidence, this has to be the Youtube Algo Bot's crowning achievement of awkward coincidences.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

I originally thought that maybe someone had like, reported his channel to Nintendo because "Mods bad", but they only took down the one video.

The timing seems wayyy too much of a coincidence to not be intentional. This **** happens not even 20 hours until The Game Awards?

If this is just a coincidence, this has to be the Youtube Algo Bot's crowning achievement of awkward coincidences.
possible it's someone reporting that video to nintendo as a way of riling kos-mos fans up now she's all the rage

it'd be a weird situation, but then there are certain people who would actually do that

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Or it’s just intern-kun being intern-kun again.

Shroob

Sup?
possible it's someone reporting that video to nintendo as a way of riling kos-mos fans up now she's all the rage

it'd be a weird situation, but then there are certain people who would actually do that
That's definitely a possibility.

But then you'd think they'd go after the other videos as well.

Legitimately stumped, and it being hit for MARIO KART TOUR doesn't make any more sense of the situation.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m telling you guys, KOS MOS is in Mario Kart Tour. It lines up perfectly. If KOS MOS isn’t in Mario Kart Tour I will banish my account to the shadow realm. That’s how confident I am.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Whatever ends up being the real deal, we can only just wait and see how things unfold.

Shroob

Sup?
Like, if it were just hit for "Super Smash Bros Ultimate" then, yeah awkward timing but Nintendo noticed a mod, big whoop.

Mario Kart Tour

I don't even.

D

Deleted member

I’m thinking about getting a haircut today, since my hair is getting too long already.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’m telling you guys, KOS MOS is in Mario Kart Tour. It lines up perfectly. If KOS MOS isn’t in Mario Kart Tour I will banish my account to the shadow realm. That’s how confident I am.
KOS-MOS is an autobot and turns into her own car

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Uh, morning everyone.. I can see there's something big going on, definitely a weird situation.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’m still counting it as a shakey attempt to hide the real reason they blocked it. Like I said before, when it comes to the internet, nintendo can be really dumb.
yeah but i'm pretty sure that would be illegal

the megalovania controversy went under the radar but if this gets out then it's a big oopsy poopsy for nintendo

Shroob

Sup?
I’m still counting it as a shakey attempt to hide the real reason they blocked it. Like I said before, when it comes to the internet, nintendo can be really dumb.
I think it's way too soon to jump on that bandwagon.

There's a lot of mod showcases for the mod on Youtube, yet they're all up.

Why was this 'one' video taken down.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Happy birthday AndreaAC AndreaAC !

Also still pretty iffy on the KOS MOS dealio, like regardless of this stuff (which smells like a coincidence), I can't really see her being revealed at the game awards (perhaps in wave 2 though?) - would be hilarious if there was no Smash at all though, in line with Geoff's earlier comments

If she is revealed, then I have no regrets in missing watching it live

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think it's way too soon to jump on that bandwagon.

This one got reported for whatever reason and some random NOA intern panicked. Not every descision is ruminated on for days by Miyamoto himself.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

This is a big reason why I'm saying this has nothing to do with any inclusion, it's just ****ing weird.

Is it not possible for it to just get reported? Did the algorithm just **** up?

Shroob

Sup?
This one got reported for whatever reason and some random NOA intern panicked. Not every descision is ruminated on for days by Miyamoto himself.
It's the mod showcase video by the creator of said mod.

Right now, KOS MOS is THE hot ticket item in discussion. If there'd ever be a community who would gladly piss on a fanbase for a laugh while they watch them go ape ****, it'd be the Smash community.

And you know how much Nintendo hates mods.

Guy reports vid for copyright infring > Nintendo sees MOD > hit

D

Deleted member

tenor (1).gif

wait what did I miss?

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, the video being killed isn't weird. Hell of an awkward timing, but not weird.

It's weird because it was killed for content it didn't infringe on.

1576155741787.png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
nintendo copyright claimed a mod for KOS-MOS in ultimate under, i **** you not, a visual offense in the name of mario kart
Just about this.

Yeah, the video being killed isn't weird. Hell of an awkward timing, but not weird.

It's weird because it was killed for content it didn't infringe on.

View attachment 252389
That's the worst part about it. There's actual consequences for it now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Unrelated to the topic, but my bluetooth headphones hgahdgjadshglfdchbvsldfkjbndskjgbdfl;skgjsidlgjds

When they're connected to my phone, they work fine, but when connected to my laptop, they barely play any sound. IDK what's wrong, and it's driving me nuts.

at the very least they aren't broken outright, but damn did this catch me off-guard, they were working just fine yesterday

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Friendly reminder to not be Gamers™️ and take a shower, brush your teeth, put on good clothes and drink water before reacting live to the Game Awards.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
if a troll could make Smash google ads that target very certain characters, a troll could very much hit the report button for lulz on a smash video related to a heavily rumored character

Don't get me wrong KOS-MOS could still be fighter 5, but she's such a bandwagon choice due to the drunk cat leak and such, that I'm betting that this is a dude just messing with the community

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Obligatory Christmas Toxtricity avatar because I said I would.

Oh, and KOS-MOS would be neat. She's always been a contender but tbh the TGA? I mean, even Joker wasn't THAT niche when he was revealed due to Persona 5's sales and it's nomination for GotY.

But I suppose we'll see.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Waiting for TGA with this track being on repeat:

by the way stan Dreamcatcher y'all

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Remember, a leak isn't real until
  1. It's taken from a camera from the 1980s that has 2x10 pixels
  2. It's blurry, so you can barely tell the subject
  3. If it's a video, it constantly has to be moving around