• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Make no mistake, I'm a man. This picture of Skarlet just happens to be pretty dope.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Of all the games to be mentioned in a Nintendo Direct, I was not expecting Hatoful Boyfriend.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The indie presentation just finished. The games that stood out to me were Axiom Verge 2, Sports Story, and Super Mash, though I haven't played Axiom Verge or Golf Story yet, and I feel like Super Mash is going to be more limited than the trailer lets on.

Also, Streets of Rage 4 was in the presentation, which is odd since a game owned by Sega doesn't seem like it would be considered "indie". Skate Bird looks like it would be fun for a bit, at least.

D

Deleted member

I wish I could have seen the Nindies presentation.

But sadly I was stuck at my english classes :(

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Also, Streets of Rage 4 was in the presentation, which is odd since a game owned by Sega doesn't seem like it would be considered "indie". Skate Bird looks like it would be fun for a bit, at least.
IIRC Sega outsourced the game to an indie developer. Same way they did the Panzer Dragoon remake.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Hey everyone, just got finished with the Indie presentation.

...Also feeling pretty hungry right now.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Some day an announcement around when Rivals gets released for Switch will be made.

Some day.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Yeah, I am a man lmao.

Not sure why anyone would think I am a girl.
xD Honestly I have gotten the the whole "Your character is a male, therefore you are one" deal plenty of times here and in other places that it makes me laugh instead of making me mad. I also also seen people that believe I am Italian to the point that an ACTUAL Italian guy sent me a message in their language, and referring to me as "amico" which is the way to say Amigo/Friend and its exclusive to males, and since it is similar to spanish, I could answer them but also explain the whole confusion and they said "Oh, I'm so sorry! I saw your name and surname and I thought you were one as well!" Since you know, in Italy, Andrea is used for both male and females. I even heard of this confusion that thought that Andrea Bocelli was female and I asked "...Have you ever heard them sing...?" and they said "Nope". So, yeah, no wonder why they thought that.

xD So, whever I see people think I am a male and/or Italian, I just calmly explain that I am a female and a Mexican.

I will never forget when someone told me, that finding out I was female was as shocking as when they found out that Samus was a female in the first Metroid.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

xD Honestly I have gotten the the whole "Your character is a male, therefore you are one" deal plenty of times here and in other places that it honestly makes me laugh instead of making me mad. I also also seen people that believe I am Italian to the point that an ACTUAL Italian guy sent me a message in their language, and referring to me as "amico" which is the way to say Amigo/Friend and its exclusive to males, and since it is similar to spanish, I could answer them but also explain the whole confusion and they said "Oh, I'm so sorry! I saw your name and surname and I thought you were one as well!" Since you know, in Italy, Andrea is used for both male and females. I even heard of this confusion that thought that Andrea Bocelli was female and I asked "...Have you ever heard them sing...?" and they said "Nope". So, yeah, no wonder why they thought that.

xD So, whever I see people think I am a male and/or Italian, I just calmly explain that I am a female and a Mexican.

I will never forget when someone told me, that finding out I was female was as shocking as when they found out that Samus was a female in the first Metroid.
Yeah, at this point it just feels funny to me.

Doh I prefer to be mistaken by a girl around my pfp over getting tagged as one over the stuff I like.

But it is fine! This moment just fell funny for me.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Yeah, at this point it just feels funny to me.

Doh I prefer to be mistaken by a girl around my pfp over getting tagged as one over the stuff I like.

But it is fine! This moment just fell funny for me.
xD I know, its crazy when it happens! And yeah, you are right. :)

D

Deleted member

Same, I wonder how many people put Erik or Sylvando down as their favorite chaaracter
I for sure chose Sirvando.

Hi people; how's it going?
Coming back from my english classes, today surprisingly being taken back with my aunt.

As I imagined, it all went with her quite "charming"

She hasn't stopped to compare me with an empty wall after she left my cousins at soccer training.

D

Deleted member

Ok, so I asked my mother about watching the Game Awards live.

She said "if you really want to"

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Indie World presentation was meh but I'm definitely picking up Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD as my brother and friend had a blast with that game on Xbox.

I expect much more at The Game Awards.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just built a Fish farm in MC. You're suppose to use an auto clicker for it, but I'm on the Switch, so I have to do it by hand.

You definitely need to be patient when doing it by hand, but it's working really well. And I already found a book of mending, so that's nice.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I just built a Fish farm in MC. You're suppose to use an auto clicker for it, but I'm on the Switch, so I have to do it by hand.

You definitely need to be patient when doing it by hand, but it's working really well. And I already found a book of mending, so that's nice.
ahh I see you went the Terroriser road

StormC

Smash Hero
The traffic ticket is finally paid in full. I can rest easy now.
Lol the other day I got a parking ticket and held it off until the last minute because I was gonna contest it but wasn’t confident enough in my case so I just paid it with hours to go.

Clown shoes.

D

Deleted member

I have seem some highlight clips of Crisis On Infinite Earths online:

Holy ****, seeing the Adam West’s and Tim Burton’s Gotham back was really awesome. Titans being part of the crossover is fine. But the highlights for me are totally the Smallville cast, Brandon Routh and Kevin Conroy.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
do the DQ11 questionnaire if you liked it.

■Agree to the privacy policy
agreement

●Check all games you have played.
“DRAGON QUEST XI S: ECHOES OF AN ELUSIVE AGE - DEFINITIVE EDITION”

●Why did you decide to play “Dragon Quest XI?”
Super smash Bros character and all the adverts about the game.

●What was your impression of the game after playing?
I loved it. It was 100 hours worth of my time and I completed everything I could. It was an excellent RPG that mirrored those of the PSX era.

●Check all elements you have enjoyed in the game.
Story
Characters
Music
Exploration
Combat system
Character build
Side quests
Other

・Other(details)
I liked the costume mechanic

●Which character is your favorite if you have to choose one?
Jade

・Other character(details)
Without input

●Why do you like this particular character?
I like sexy ladies.

●Tell us your favorite scene in the game and why.
My favorite scene in the game was
the post game time jump scene. Where the Hero smash the orb. It just felt so cool and dramatic talking to all the characters before leaving. It made the decision hard because they had all grown in the excellent second half of the game.

●Please let us know other Dragon Quest games you have played.
I have played DQ1 on the NES when it was called Dragon Warrior. I have not play anything else, but given my experience with DQ11, I want to go back and try all the single player DQ games. DQ8 was recommended the most, so I plan on playing that one next.

●What do you think is the most attractive element of “Dragon Quest” series?
The RPG. It was a good old fashioned RPG that had charm and characters. It was what I wanted, a throwback to the PSX style of RPGs where fantasy, story and fun was present.

●If you have any message to the “Dragon Quest” development team, please write here.
Please localize more. And keep them epic single player adventures. Oh. and more sexy ladies please.

●Please tell us names of other RPG games you’ve enjoyed.
My all time favorite RPG is Breath of Fire 3 on the PSX. Other than that, it is Valkyrie Profile on PSX, Final Fantasy Tactics on PSX, and Disgaea 2 on PS2. These are ones that I remember fondly. DQ11 goes on this list. BoF3 will always be my favorite, but DQ11 is a must recommend. I loved every moment was not happy once I fully completed it. Was to good and wanted the game to continue.

My answers. For fun.
edit to hide spoilers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom