• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Just watched State of Play. And it continues to largely be a waste of time more then anything. I blame the fact that they’re in the lull between generations as they’re likely putting all their work into PS5. But they really need to reveal the thing and it’s launch titles soon. Same with Xbox. They’re both launching in exactly one year and we know nothing about either.
I mean, we know a fair bit about the next Xbox's hardware and we know that Sony will more or less match it.

We know the Xbox will come in multiple levels of price and power, and that they're going to push a discless, download-only model and that their consoles will be backwards compatible and support cloud gaming.

We also know the controllers are very similar to current gen's as Sony said theirs would be and Phil Spencer is currently playing online with Xbox One players on the new hardware.

Outside of the names, prices and release dates, we know a lot. Assuming they don't pull a Nintendo and do something incredibly funky with the hardware, which I seriously doubt they will.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'd be so much more hype right now if Sony hadn't idiotically leaked their own surprise reveal.

Like, the moment they said, "The campaign for Project Resistance," I knew it was RE3. The entire trailer was obviously RE3, showing RE2 locations and then rewinding the clock (since RE3 starts before RE2). But had I not already known RE3 was coming, that would have made me start freaking out. Instead, it was like, "Okay, the first person perspective is obviously just hiding the fact that this is Jill."

It's weird how we're always searching for leaks because we're impatient, yet an unleaked reveal like RE2's at E3 is so much more satisfying.

Still though.

RESIDENT

EVIL

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Heh, I'm the only one here.

Ok, so in Paper Mario's world, everything is made up of paper: the humans, the buildings, the enviroment, etc. Does that mean that the world is made out of flesh, or is flesh made of the world?

I scream, because I do not know.

There was an image for that somewhere...
Don’t think about it too hard.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, we know a fair bit about the next Xbox's hardware and we know that Sony will more or less match it.

We know the Xbox will come in multiple levels of price and power, and that they're going to push a discless, download-only model and that their consoles will be backwards compatible and support cloud gaming.

We also know the controllers are very similar to current gen's as Sony said theirs would be and Phil Spencer is currently playing online with Xbox One players on the new hardware.

Outside of the names, prices and release dates, we know a lot. Assuming they don't pull a Nintendo and do something incredibly funky with the hardware, which I seriously doubt they will.
Except we don’t know the most important thing. The GAMES. They’re gaming systems, and if all they can do at launch is just play all my old games with no new ones, then there’s no reason to buy it. We need to see the launch titles and some of the early post-launch ones.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Just watched State of Play. And it continues to largely be a waste of time more then anything. I blame the fact that they’re in the lull between generations as they’re likely putting all their work into PS5. But they really need to reveal the thing and it’s launch titles soon. Same with Xbox. They’re both launching in exactly one year and we know nothing about either.
I thought you'd be excited for Babylon's Falling. Isn't it a new hack n' slash?

D

Deleted member

You know. Some of my unironically favorite songs are FNaF songs.
ooooooh, we doing songs now?

here ya go!

What's really funny is this op is during the "depression arc" as I like to call it.
Basically, the MC is fighting against the world, while literal-nobody once again tries to end the world, by being a narcissistic **** and lying to the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Hey, got an Inkling question for Ultimate:

Been labbing stuff against level 9 CPUs recently, and I'm curious: Can roller really be mashed out of that quickly even in high percentages?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Been labbing stuff against level 9 CPUs recently, and I'm curious: Can roller really be mashed out of that quickly even in high percentages?
Y E S, done it myself a buncha times. Takes a hella lot of practice, because you need to predict exactly when the roller will hit to do so.

D

Deleted member

I sadly feel that I won't be able to watch the Game Awards.

Apparently it lasts from 3am to 6am in England/The Canary Islands.

So I have two problems:

>My parents are gonna kill me if I stay a whole night without sleep over videogames

>I can't give full on hype reactions at the voice chat from Discord since I would wake up my parents.

Too bad, I was looking forward to catching it live with all of you.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've seen some tweets claiming that the new Shovel Knight DLC is out now on the Wii U and 3DS. Is that a regional thing? I have Shovel Knight Treasure Trove on my Wii U, but it doesn't seem to be available yet for me.

Edit: never mind; according to a tweet from the developers, it will be out in the next few hours. On an unrelated note, I find it funny that the Wii U eShop has an entire section dedicated to Sonic games when there are only three Sonic games on the system, with one of them being Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Was just listening to some random anime openings, and jesus crap this one rocks...hard(I'm sorry)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I sadly feel that I won't be able to watch the Game Awards.

Apparently it lasts from 3am to 6am in England/The Canary Islands.

So I have two problems:

>My parents are gonna kill me if I stay a whole night without sleep over videogames

>I can't give full on hype reactions at the voice chat from Discord since I would wake up my parents.

Too bad, I was looking forward to catching it live with all of you.
Aren’t you 18? Just plan around it. Take a nap in the middle of the day do you’re rested and tell them ahead of time. To help them understand, compare it to them watching their favorite sport.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hey guys.

Terry power dunk spike.

That is all.

D

Deleted member

Aren’t you 18? Just plan around it. Take a nap in the middle of the day do you’re rested and tell them ahead of time. To help them understand, compare it to them watching their favorite sport.
This is JDCabera we're talking bout. Unless I'm misremembering, that kinda advice is terrible for his situation.

edit: see below

StormC

Smash Hero
Wow, RE3make in April. Did not see that one coming.

Haven't played the original RE3 but if it's anywhere near as good as RE2make I'm there.

D

Deleted member

You know, the favourite sport bit may sound crazy at first... But knowing my father he will likely take it up so I suppose I'll try.

JD is a guy. At least that’s what their bio says.
Yeah, I am a man lmao.

Not sure why anyone would think I am a girl.

Wow, RE3make in April. Did not see that one coming.

Haven't played the original RE3 but if it's anywhere near as good as RE2make I'm there.
Same deal for me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know, the favourite sport bit may sound crazy at first... But knowing my father he will likely take it up so I suppose I'll try.

Yeah, I am a man lmao.

Not sure why anyone would think I am a girl.

Same deal for me.
Probably the profile pic.

I was just worried something had happened that I missed.

I’m always looking out for when new girls join the family.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Technically yes, but then again, it's a CPU that can do frame perfect mashing. Against a human player, it's near impossible to mash out that quickly.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Technically yes, but then again, it's a CPU that can do frame perfect mashing. Against a human player, it's near impossible to mash out that quickly.
I figured, yeah. Thanks for the info. Labbing Inkling against level 9's is hard when a good chunk of my Inkling's game plan relies on mix-ups and mind games the CPU can read instantly, lol. Wii Fit Trainer and Dark Pit's AI especially have no chill.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Using a person's avatar as a reason to assume their gender is basically asking to get roasted.

I just say he for everyone and let them correct me unless I already know.

I'm old fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom