• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
At this point, I'm just gonna guess KOS-MOS and call it a day.

I'm totally not biased about wanting Drunk Cat 2 to actually be legit and Ryu Hyabusa and Reimu to be our first 2 characters on Pass-2, no sir not me no siree.
KOS-MOS would make me so ******* happy but I still can't shake off Vergeben's disconfirmation of Namco given how accurate he's been in the past.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
At this point, I'm just gonna guess KOS-MOS and call it a day.

I'm totally not biased about wanting Drunk Cat 2 to actually be legit and Ryu Hyabusa and Reimu to be our first 2 characters on Pass-2, no sir not me no siree.
I literally have no idea who it's gonna be at this point...

I guess that's a good thing because hopefully Fighter 5 will be a complete surprise.

D

Deleted member

dammit, I'll be in bed by then. Can you guys..like....uh tag me if anything Smash related comes up?
Sure.

No promises about me being awake during that time doh. Depends on my time frame.

But I’ll try my best.

Noipoi

Howdy!
We’re doing good so far, but with my luck some leaker’s gonna spill the beans a day before TGA when we’re about to find out anyways so leaks are useless.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Actually, I'm kinda curious

How many of y'all are planning to watch the game awards live?

If it's anything like last year, it's probably gonna run right into midnight for me, but I made the sore mistake of sleeping through joker's surprise reveal, and I don't want to make that mistake again

Even without a smash reveal, I'm still planning to watch. Ultimate's in the running for the big award of the night, after all.

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

If it's anything like last year, it's probably gonna run right into midnight for me, but I made the sore mistake of sleeping through joker's surprise reveal last year, and I don't want to make that mistake again

Even without a smash reveal, I'm still planning to watch. Ultimate's in the running for the big award of the night, after all.
I wish I could, but I have to work during that time. At least I'll be able to just watch the highlights when I get home.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

If it's anything like last year, it's probably gonna run right into midnight for me, but I made the sore mistake of sleeping through joker's surprise reveal, and I don't want to make that mistake again

I’m gonna watch it cuz nothing beats a live reaction. Finding out about it later just doesn’t compare.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not even sure what time it is for me. I think it's like 5:30 PST, which is early but

My god I hate award shows lol, they're soo dull.

Plank08

Smash Lord

I’m anticipating it, I’m pretty positive there will be a reveal, and even then, I just like award shows

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I normaly dont go to bed till 1 am anyway

RandomAce

Smash Champion

I’ll still be awake during the event, so I’ll check in now and then.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m fully preparing to hunker down and watch two hours of stuff I don’t care about for the chance that somewhere in the middle there’ll be one thing I’m into. Maybe two if I’m lucky and Nintendo has something else to show.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I’m gonna watch it cuz nothing beats a live reaction. Finding out about it later just doesn’t compare.
I actually slept through Ultimate’s E3 reveal trailer.

I remember finding the video half asleep, I remember reading “Everyone is here” on the reddit post, but that didn’t fully set in for its entire meaning until I saw Snake.

Still a great reveal and experience even if it wasn’t live for me.

Plank08

Smash Lord
What Awards do you guys feel Smash will win?
My money is on the family and Fighting game one, GOTY has some big competition but since it’s a vote who knows

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I'll be watching it live but I'm not sure for how long since I have work the next morning.

Last year I decided to call it a night and closed the stream fairly close to the point in the show when Joker was revealed, so hopefully I can avoid that **** this time.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I’m gonna be honest, but I’m feeling that we’ll get a Smash direct announcment rather than a Fighter reveal.

Have Smash win an award, be it Best Fighting game or Game of the Year, and follow up with a Smash direct announcement that reveals and showcases Fighter Pass 5 in the way Sakurai seems to do it nowadays and reveal DLC Fighter 6 and what Sakurai could be doing with DLC going forward.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
You ever watch a Smash player you like a lot get Game & Watch'd? It isn't fun.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Light just made it so that this tournament has one less Wario, god bless him.

Shroob

Sup?
I’m gonna be honest, but I’m feeling that we’ll get a Smash direct announcment rather than a Fighter reveal.

Have Smash win an award, be it Best Fighting game or Game of the Year, and follow up with a Smash direct announcement that reveals and showcases Fighter Pass 5 in the way Sakurai seems to do it nowadays and reveal DLC Fighter 6 and what Sakurai could be doing with DLC going forward.
I mean....?

"Nowadays?"

3 characters of this cycle got revealed outside of a general Nintendo Direct.

It'd be really weird to have Joker revealed last year and to just drop an an announcement of an announcement this.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I haven't watched any of TGAs. For those who have caught previous ones: what were they like?
Aside from the reveals themselves, it's usually a run of the mill awards show, a bit slow and kinda boring at times

Though there's bound to be at least one gem, like the one dude that flipped the Oscars the bird

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Imm
I mean....?

"Nowadays?"

3 characters of this cycle got revealed outside of a general Nintendo Direct.

It'd be really weird to have Joker revealed last year and to just drop an an announcement of an announcement this.
I’m talking about the Fighter showcases Shroob.

Plus, Nintendo sort of switches it up every now and then when it comes to Smash. Honestly, Game Awards seemed to have been a special exception considering Nintendo revealed something due to the game awards happening right before Smash’s launch, which isn’t the case this year. So I’m not really banking on them revealing something for Game Awards anyways.

Shroob

Sup?
Imm

I’m talking about the Fighter showcases Shroob.

Plus, Nintendo sort of switches it up every now and then when it comes to Smash. Honestly, Game Awards seemed to have been a special exception considering Nintendo revealed something due to the game awards happening right before Smash’s launch, which isn’t the case this year. So I’m not really banking on them revealing something for Game Awards anyways.
Well the question is when would it be?

We know there's an unlisted video and character 5 is probably coming January to coincide with the next wave of Amiibos.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

I'll be watching it live if I can. Depends how late it runs.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

I'll be watching it live for sure, for all the reveals, even if it does end up getting boring in the long run.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
Im ready for the meltdown on social media if Death Stranding actually wins GOTY, the amount of people calling them out for being biased towards Kojima will be nuts.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

I do almost every year, so might as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom