• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Seriously thou;

If I had to be honest, none of the newcomers for Ultimate have been on my most-wanted list; hell I think the only one I really cared about to an extent was Banjo(and pretty weakly at that)
That's not to say I don't like the newcomers, but if I have to be honest, if they were all cut out of the blue, I really wouldn't care at all.

That's saying a lot, considering I literally only have like...2? Actually possible characters on my "Most-Wanteds" list(no Frisk, give me Kris! and mettaton)
I wasn't a huge supporter of any them before their announcements (I knew about and even like Terry, but he didn't make my list) and I still think the DLC lineup is fantastic.

Hell, I was even introduced to one of my favorite games ever because of Joker's inclusion, and Dragon Quest is pretty cool as well.

D

Deleted member

Hey! How are you, man?
Today I’m going to help my grandfather put up his house’s Christmas decoration, so in a moment I’ll take a shower before my mother comes to take me there.

And if we have enough time, maybe we will finally get to see my uncle’s cat after she sadly got lost for days until she came back.

In general, it seems I will have quite an active and cool day!

D

Deleted member

Alright, time to show you all the inspirational quote for today!
1575732125339.png

Seriously, though, One Piece is that one show that has so many deep themes to it, but most of them are spoilers/context specific, so I have to be careful with what I quote.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
But....Sony doesn't own Sora. You'll have to talk with Square Enix about that one.
oh, you right lol my bad, Lapse of judgement
I thought he was with sony for a moment because of how his games were sony exclusive

then I dont have anyone from sony Id want

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
View attachment 250849
Seriously, though, One Piece is that one show that has so many deep themes to it, but most of them are spoilers/context specific, so I have to be careful with what I quote.
Speaking of OP, I recently switched from anime to the manga.

Hot dang, the pacing really is different. 90% of what happens in the anime doesn't even happen in the manga lol.

D

Deleted member

Hot dang, the pacing really is different. 90% of what happens in the anime doesn't even happen in the manga lol.
I personally prefer the anime because I like the presentation of sound, lighting, voices, etc. manga isn't really my thing(half the time I have no clue wtf is going on when I read manga)

D

Deleted member

Adaptations tend to always add or change stuff in order to make the project fit better for the financial capabilities of the studio or their interest for the project.

It is quite a key reason as to why I always tend to try to check both the manga and the anime, mostly to see the big differences between each version.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I personally prefer the anime because I like the presentation of sound, lighting, voices, etc. manga isn't really my thing(half the time I have no clue wtf is going on when I read manga)
If you dislike some of the pacing issues like I do, you could try One Pace. Haven't checked it out myself yet, but it's supposedly a fan project that edits the anime in such a way where it follows the manga completely and never deviates.

Adaptations tend to always add or change stuff in order to make the project fit better for the financial capabilities of the studio or their interest for the project.

It is quite a key reason as to why I always tend to try to check both the manga and the anime, mostly to see the big differences between each version.
Oh yeah, totally. I still like the anime: Been watching it for the past...Gosh, I think maybe 6+ years now? Anyways, I still like it and plan to enjoy both forms of OP. Probably how I'll handle it ATM is using the manga as a primary way of enjoying it and then going to the anime whenever they finish an arc and just skip through the filler.

D

Deleted member

If you dislike some of the pacing issues like I do, you could try One Pace. Haven't checked it out myself yet, but it's supposedly a fan project that edits the anime in such a way where it follows the manga completely and never deviates.

Oh yeah, totally. I still like the anime: Been watching it for the past...Gosh, I think maybe 6+ years now? Anyways, I still like it and plan to enjoy both forms of OP. Probably how I'll handle it ATM is using the manga as a primary way of enjoying it and then going to the anime whenever they finish an arc and just skip through the filler.
Nah, I think the pacing is perfect, honestly. Doesn't need to be 100% to the manga, IMO. If anything I prefer that slower pace because it means I can catch up if I fall behind without having more content thrown at me every other week.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
View attachment 250849
It's been ages since I've last watched some One Piece, but I never forgot how much of a feels trip Arlong Park was.

D

Deleted member

I have so many cards from so many different card games, it's starting to get difficult to even organize em:p
IMG_20191207_100143.jpg

D

Deleted member

I have so many cards from so many different card games, it's starting to get difficult to even organize em:p
View attachment 250859
Lol, in my case it is getting quite hard to organize my LEGO stuff:

image.jpg

With this Far From Home set for example, I still can’t figure out where I will put it after I get all the Fantastic Four Funko Pops! and upcoming Marvel Legends figures to expose there instead.

D

Deleted member

It's been ages since I've last watched some One Piece, but I never forgot how much of a feels trip Arlong Park was.
I honestly highly recommend it. It's easily in the top 5 best anime of all time for me.

Just a note, binging is probably the best way to pick it back up, if you so chose. You can get caught up with the series(assuming you just binge, without eating, drinking, etc) in 2-3 weeks at the absolute minimum if you binge.

Opforum.net is probably your best bet in that regard, they can help you more than I could here.

D

Deleted member

Little tibbit that I don't think any other tcg really does:

Pokemon cards have a slightly different backing design in Japan vs the US
IMG_20191207_100750.jpg
Japanese is the left-most one, US is the right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom