• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's like peeking at a present the day before you get it.

Just kills the excitement and surprise. :drflip:
I mean at that point it’s kinda useless. Leaks are for knowing something well before you’re meant to know it. If something gets leaked when I’m this close to knowing about it anyway it’s like “nah man, you’re too late. Maybe next time pal.”

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I mean at that point it’s kinda useless. Leaks are for knowing something well before you’re meant to know it. If something gets leaked when I’m this close to knowing about it anyway it’s like “nah man, you’re too late. Maybe next time pal.”
Looking back on one leak in particular makes me feel that way. It was when Midna got leaked for Hyrule Warriors the morning of Nintendo's E3 showing that year.

At that point, I wish I hadn't known. It was right before the reveal and I would have lost it if I saw it as intended, 'cause Midna is probably in my top 5 Nintendo characters list.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Found some cute Kirby x A Hat in Time fanart:

I freaking love these! (Couldn't stop laughing so much at Meta Knight with Snatcher's face.)
I also imagine Kirby, Bandana Dee, Meta Knight and Dedede being chased and hunted down by Queen Vanessa in her house.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I was watching the news and I simply don't understand art.

A museum had an ordinary banana that was duck taped to a wall

The ****ing thing sold for over $100,000.
xD Okay, that sort of "abstract" art always puzzles me. Many artists practicing and advancing in their skills the best they can to hopefully get a job or be commissioned, which is not easy at times...and then, this kind of "abstract" artist doing things with probably anything they have in their house instead of something that takes time and effort to earn and use it for work like a graphic tablet or materials...gets this sort of prices and gets sold...What's wrong with the world? I mean, maybe other people see a deep message into a tapped banana but...I feel wouldn't, not even by looking at it upside down.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
nothing for hero or banjo tho
To be fair, it is the perogative of the character's developer to put out artwork, not Nintendo's. And because Rare is owned by Microsoft, and Microsoft basically controls everything that Rare does... I personally can't imagine Microsoft doing this to promote SSBU. The closest promo artwork we are going to get is:

1575597746654.png

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
actually, while on the topic of Terry, he's grown to become my fav Ultimate newcomer so far.

dude could actually give corrin a run for her money

he's so fun to use, especially with the inputs

a dash right into power dunk is sooooooo satisfying to pull off

quick honorable mention to Joker and 'roar

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
xD Okay, that sort of "abstract" art always puzzles me. Many artists practicing and advancing in their skills the best they can to hopefully get a job or be commissioned, which is not easy at times...and then, this kind of "abstract" artist doing things with probably anything they have in their house instead of something that takes time and effort to earn and use it for work like a graphic tablet or materials...gets this sort of prices and gets sold...What's wrong with the world? I mean, maybe other people see a deep message into a tapped banana but...I feel wouldn't, not even by looking at it upside down.

Dont yall just love
m
o
d
e
r
n

a
r
t
?
1575598070055.png

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
actually, while on the topic of Terry, he's grown to become my fav Ultimate newcomer so far.

dude could actually give corrin a run for her money

he's so fun to use, especially with the inputs

a dash right into power dunk is sooooooo satisfying to pull off

quick honorable mention to Joker and 'roar
I’m still in the cut maining Roar and Banjo.

But I have grown to appreciate K Rool more recently.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. My left joycon will randomly just cause the cursor to move upwards in a straight line. It happens randomly, but is always exactly the same when it happens. And only ever seems to happen on menus. Never in actual gameplay. In fact, it only seams to happen when the stick remains inactive for large periods of time while I'm using the D-Pad. Is this the dreaded Joycon Drift? Or is this something else? And if it is something else, is it even worth contacting customer support?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To be fair, it is the perogative of the character's developer to put out artwork, not Nintendo's. And because Rare is owned by Microsoft, and Microsoft basically controls everything that Rare does... I personally can't imagine Microsoft doing this to promote SSBU. The closest promo artwork we are going to get is:

View attachment 250303
Kind of sad that Hero has absolutely nothing, though.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
OK. My left joycon will randomly just cause the cursor to move upwards in a straight line. It happens randomly, but is always exactly the same when it happens. And only ever seems to happen on menus. Never in actual gameplay. In fact, it only seams to happen when the stick remains inactive for large periods of time while I'm using the D-Pad. Is this the dreaded Joycon Drift? Or is this something else? And if it is something else, is it even worth contacting customer support?
Joycon drift my friend. I have a pair of the neon yellow joycons, and it's always the left one that has the serious drifting. The right one is just fine. Let's just say I no longer use those joycons.
Kind of sad that Hero has absolutely nothing, though.
Yeah. I left out Hero because I really couldn't see why they wouldn't have any promotional artwork of the Luminary for Smash. Seems to me like Square Enix was more concerned with promoting Dragon Quest 11 then they were of promoting their character in Smash Bros.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Joycon drift my friend. I have a pair of the neon yellow joycons, and it's always the left one that has the serious drifting. The right one is just fine. Let's just say I no longer use those joycons.

Yeah. I left out Hero because I really couldn't see why they wouldn't have any promotional artwork of the Luminary for Smash. Seems to me like Square Enix was more concerned with promoting Dragon Quest 11 then they were of promoting their character in Smash Bros.
Okay. I'll try to make a call to Nintendo customer support. I know they do not charge for joycon replacement due to drift in the united states.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ye, but afaik they don't cover shipping.

You're gonna need to pay out of pocket for that still.
Fak. I can't afford that! I'll have to wait till after christmas.

Sighs, any idea how much they charge?

Jeese. When my Apple Watch broke, I called customer support and they were like "yeah, that's actually a common problem with the product. We'll send you a box and you send it in for repairs." Box came in the mail, didn't cost me a dime. Sent it in. Didn't cost me a dime. Sent me back a BRAND NEW APPLE WATCH, didn't cost me a dime. This was APPLE! Freakin Apple is more consumer friendly with repairs then bloody Nintendo.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
oh yeah, the game awards is a week away from now

it's gonna be a long 7 days, ain't it?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Fak. I can't afford that! I'll have to wait till after christmas.

Sighs, any idea how much they charge?

Jeese. When my Apple Watch broke, I called customer support and they were like "yeah, that's actually a common problem with the product. We'll send you a box and you send it in for repairs." Box came in the mail, didn't cost me a dime. Sent it in. Didn't cost me a dime. Sent me back a BRAND NEW APPLE WATCH, didn't cost me a dime. This was APPLE! Freakin Apple is more consumer friendly with repairs then bloody Nintendo.
When I sent my Switch in for the trade in program, shipping was like, 12-14 bucks?

But that was a Switch so joycons should need a lot less to pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom