• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I found the game good.

Doh the first time you try to unlock everything it can easily be a hard game.

But I found it hard in a fun way.
Sounds good.

I haven't played much of the previous UA games (I actually owned the first game on Wii) but I was pretty big on X-Men Legends back in the day, so I'm pretty sure I'd find something to enjoy when I pick it up.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Fighter 5 is going to be Sakurai's left shoe.

His right shoe will be an echo fighter.
Finally, Master Foot & Crazy Foot will finally be a reality.

After all those years....yeeeeeeeessssss.......

In case you couldn't tell, I'm very tired, I need to go to sleep.

Noipoi

Howdy!
She didn't call you stupid. Go sit down and drink a glass of water. Jesus.

See, this is why I want to leave. It takes only an inch to get on everyone's nerves and I'm ****ing sick of it.
Honestly man if this thread isn’t doing it for you anymore, I won’t fault you for leaving. What’s the point in sticking around if it’s not fun?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I honestly dig the concept of this fangame.

Seems to be a huge crossover between many SEGA properties all with the gameplay of the Sonic games.

I will probably keep a good eye on it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Honestly bro I just need you to chill. No one is calling you stupid, they were making a spongebob reference.
Probably should've responded with "Who you callin' pinhead?"

She didn't call you stupid. Go sit down and drink a glass of water. Jesus.

See, this is why I want to leave. It takes only an inch to get on everyone's nerves and I'm ****ing sick of it.
I wasn't angry myself, however I probably didn't help much. I apologize if I made the place less fun. Personally these debates don't bother me much until people start to get personal about it. Something I at least try to avoid.

D

Deleted member

Sometimes this place is as slow as molasses, othertimes there are no brakes, so... here's something cute, I guess.

D

Deleted member

Noipoi Noipoi seeing Hat-Loving Gamer’s new fangame and how it does look really promising, I remembered your comments from months ago about wanting to make a game.

And honestly, I feel you could pull out something really cool with the right team at least on the visual department.

Hat-Loving Gamer managed to translate their animation style into a real game quite well, so maybe I could see you pulling it out well enough too.

D

Deleted member

>tfw, you suck at comedy and can only bring up unironic posts but no one really wants those kinds of posts.

05936AD9-3635-4902-8BFA-38BF9934CD8F.jpeg

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just grumpy. I had to shovel a bunch of icy snow off my driveway, and I'm sore.
Yeah, I can understand how seriously tired you are after dealing with so much snow.

Maybe you should take some time for yourself and just sit down and play a game or sleep.

Sleep really helps after a busy day.

Double K

Smash Lord
Firstly, I feel you're overlooking a number of differences with that comparison. Monster Hunter 4 and P: SMD are games that are from different franchises, are a mainline and spinoff game respectively, and are in different genres with different appeals. There's quite a few things that the games do not share with each other and thus the comparison isn't really apt. It's like comparing Monster Hunter Stories to Mega Man X, sure there may be similarities, but comparing them only superficially risks missing quite a bit of context in the differences between their sales and why they ended up the way they did.

Secondly, while they may make more money through mobile gaming, that doesn't mean they don't see an appeal in console games. To take an example from another franchise, Granblue Fantasy is a franchise built on mobile gaming and is hugely successful in that sphere to the point that it likely doesn't need to expand further then that app outside of media and merchandise. Yet despite that they have dabbled in console spinoffs, such as Granblue Fantasy Versus. which is coming out next year. The game likely will not make as much money as Granblue Fantasy does on its own, yet Cygames still pursued that spinoff nonetheless, and that's because they saw an appeal in going in that direction then sticking to their bigger mobile venture(s). Pokémon can be the same, no spinoff will likely touch Go, but that doesn't mean there isn't an appeal in exploring other options if they're there. They've already dabbled in it with Pokken and Detective Pikachu, so what's to say Mystery Dungeon can't do the same?

Now, I won't pretend that TCPi doesn't definitely prefers exploring mobile gaming at the current time, but that doesn't mean that the console spinoffs are completely eradicated either. It's more a case of what TCPi wants in their console spinoffs and whether another Mystery Dungeon game would tick off what they're looking for, and if it does then they would likely re-explore it. If there's any spinoffs that can do it that isn't the above mentioned two, Mystery Dungeon is the one with the best shot since it has always been a popular subseries within the franchise and TCPi has gone back to it more then any other spinoffs within it. The appeal is there for TCPi to seize if they want to, and while it wouldn't be as successful as Go or the mainline games, that doesn't mean it wouldn't be successful at all for them.

Edit: Expanded on my point, sorry for the long winded post, but I felt there was a lot more I could say.
Response is super late because I only come here once a blue moon but this caught my interest;

Comparing TPCi to Cygames with their business ventures is significantly different. Cygames is looking to branch out into different markets and genres, so if GBVS fails to do super well, so long as its received well and people even say "Hey, we want more of this" it is the flag of success.

TPCi is competing with itself on the same console with its spinoffs, and furthermore it fails to produce renewable income like the mobile games, or new content like a mainline game. In fact, spinoffs are more likely to just cause a money sink that doesn't bring in immediate gains.

Console spinoffs are wholly unremarkable in sales because again, Super Mystery Dungeon didn't do so well internationally, while MonHun4 outsold its most recent sales numbers, several times over in a matter of months.

TPCi has no reason to invest in console games from a business perspective, and is actively incentivized not to

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Don’t know if this was known but supposedly Sabi does not know fighter five. Her source doesn’t but hasn’t outright said who it is to her just deconfirming things when she asks

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah, I can understand how seriously tired you are after dealing with so much snow.

Maybe you should take some time for yourself and just sit down and play a game or sleep.

Sleep really helps after a busy day.
I'd love to sleep, but I can't break my sceduale. I have work tomorrow.

I'm actually playing Diablo 3 right now, and I'm farming for a thing. I am trying to relax, but once you had your fill, sometimes the bottle has to pop.

Shroob

Sup?
A lot of people over at Miiverse used it that way because the administration deleted any post that said “wtf”.

I got really used to it.
Well alright but it's almost exclusively used to say "that feeling when" online lol.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I've just been spending the day helping my brother work out the kinks of the plot of his personal game project. Were hoping to properly get the ball rolling on this game starting next year.

Were working with the basic retro RPG setup of a quest to collect treasures based around the elements and building off from there.

D

Deleted member

I'd love to sleep, but I can't break my sceduale. I have work tomorrow.

I'm actually playing Diablo 3 right now, and I'm farming for a thing. I am trying to relax, but once you had your fill, sometimes the bottle has to pop.
Yeah, I can understand that too.

Sometimes, one really needs to vent stuff out. And it is fine.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Phoenix Wright is not niche but he’s not a guarantee. Capcom has god tier choices for reps that could easily get in before him and would transition easier to smash. Phoenix has a good move set for MVC but would still take some more effort then others to transition to smash.

But he’s incredibly popular and a big Nintendo figure that he would be very well received and hype for most people.

He sure as hell isnt a lock or safe pick but would overall be a big inclusion regardless

Shroob

Sup?
There was a guy I know who though tfw meant that ****ing wench.

Hes as pleasant as that notion implies.
Back on the original Nintendo forums, Nsider, they banned ftw because someone convinced the staff it meant "**** the woman"

I'm dead serious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom