• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I’m gonna make a big ass post that’s just my thoughts on every single new Pokémon and Galar form.
Well snap, I was thinking of doing something similar with a top 50 mon of all time or something

Not sure who would read it, but that's besides the point

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
This Dugtrio literally has a pixel of health remaining and is constantly being put to sleep, and yet this son of a ***** has still taken 20+ of my Great Balls already...

Edit: 40 balls wasted...

**** this, I give up for now lol

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
3046FD80-FA62-4FE5-A766-4DF0A9480CF0.jpeg

I really dont want to get any hopes up. But there is a leak out there with Gordon Freeman that hasn’t been debunked yet.

Friendly reminder that Sakurai has praised HL2 in the past. And recently there have been new merch for the franchise, very similar to what happened to Banjo.

Just imagine, if this actually happens...

Of course, I won’t believe this until I officially see his trailer unfold right in front of my eyes.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Updated my Sonic game tier list, with more games and slightly different positions within the tiers:

*sees Mania, S3&K, Colors, Sonic 2, and Generations sitting in the top 10*

Yeah, I'd say this list checks out nicely.

I'm a little curious why you felt the need to include both Mania and its Plus expansion seperately, though.

D

Deleted member

FNAF AR has actually got me a couple of times.

I’m ashamed, but also impressed.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
View attachment 247720

I really dont want to get any hopes up. But there is a leak out there with Gordon Freeman that hasn’t been debunked yet.

Friendly reminder that Sakurai has praised HL2 in the past. And recently there have been new merch for the franchise, very similar to what happened to Banjo.

Of course, I won’t believe this until I officially see his trailer unfold right in front of my eyes.
I'd probably feel complete ambivalence.

Like, I'd be happy for all of the Half Life fans and Freeman in Smash would no doubt be a huge announcement, but I'm not invested in the series and would much rather have someone else.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I'm planning on picking up Sword & Shield eventually. Specifically both versions, which I normally don't do with Pokemon games, but the version exclusive Gym Leaders are making me reconsider that now.

Is there a complete list of version exclusive Pokemon yet? All I know right now is that Sirfetch'd is exclusive to Sword, while Galarian Ponyta and Rapidash (and its third Galarian evolution if it has one) is exclusive to Shield.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
View attachment 247720

There’s zero reason to believe this.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
There’s zero reason to believe this.
I literally said in my post “I wont believe this until I see the reveal trailer in front of my eyes.”

All I said was that it hasn’t been debunked yet (this person apparently got details of the VR game correct) and that there was a couple of strange coincidences.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
New profile picture time lads, since I can't decide on one.

It probably makes no sense out of context.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's kinda cool seeing more and more people come out and share how much fun they've had with SwSh. I knew once people finally played the games, they'd see that it wasn't a dumpster fire.

Course, there's still a few people who think that it is a dumpster fire, but it's not as prevalent now. Seems like a significant number of people who were bashing the Dex and the graphics/animations are admitting that neither completely ruined the game like they thought.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It's kinda cool seeing more and more people come out and share how much fun they've had with SwSh. I knew once people finally played the games, they'd see that it wasn't a dumpster fire.

Course, there's still a few people who think that it is a dumpster fire, but it's not as prevalent now. Seems like a significant number of people who were bashing the Dex and the graphics/animations are admitting that neither completely ruined the game like they thought.
Ya won't get me lol.

I got my tegrity.

D

Deleted member

I mean in spite of it's problems it's still Pokemon, it's a winning formula for a reason. And it's not like it has no good new features either; I've only heard good things about the Wild Area (online performance aside), Raids, new gyms, the music, etc.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

I just love how much there is to do besides just the gym challenge. Exploring the Wild Area, Raid Battles, trading, raising Pokemon being easier than ever before, making it fun to constantly change up your team...

This game might actually dethrone Gen 5 for me as my favorite gen. The dex cut was unfortunate, but it certainly didn't effect that overall quality of the game in my opinion. It's one of the most fun games I've played this year.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just started MMing a shiny Dreepy without a shiny charm.

Wish me luck, my sanity will need it.

Shroob

Sup?
I think I'd be more cool with the situation if the people on social media who are anti-dexit weren't such assholes.

Don't get me wrong, dexit has it's fair share of *****, but the amount of horrible people I've seen goes both ways.

I already wasn't hot on SwSd after E3, but this entire war and how visceral both sides got, and still are, has soured me on these games forever.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm planning on picking up Sword & Shield eventually. Specifically both versions, which I normally don't do with Pokemon games, but the version exclusive Gym Leaders are making me reconsider that now.

Is there a complete list of version exclusive Pokemon yet? All I know right now is that Sirfetch'd is exclusive to Sword, while Galarian Ponyta and Rapidash (and its third Galarian evolution if it has one) is exclusive to Shield.
Here's a list on Serebii:
https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/exclusives.shtml

edit: good gosh that Gigantamax Gengar is fantastic.

Geez, I felt fine with 'mon spoilers but now I feel like I shouldn't have spoiled myself; I know I'll still have lots of fun, but not knowing the 'mons does add to the wonder...I'll try and avoid leaks next Gen.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
still refusing to get sword and shield

when gamefreak announces they're retconning the switch games one year from now for a more polished new experience of galar with exclusive new mons that put more emphasis on the 3rd legendary and whatnot, wasting your sixty dollars in the process, i'll be over here prepared this time :mybodyisreggie:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
View attachment 247720

I would only be accepting of this if he was announced alongside some sort of Deluxe Orange Box with all of the Half-Life games, both Portal Games, TF2, Counter Strike and Counter Strike: Global Offensive for Switch. Otherwise he has never appeared on a Nintendo console as far as I can remember.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
>Gordon Freeman in Smash

I swear to ****ing god I'm about to start yanking post privileges.
Gordon Freeman is cool and all, but how about Morgan Freeman?

Actually, what if somebody made a mod that makes the announcer Morgan Freeman? I'd install it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom