• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Does Dracovish even have a proper tummy?

And regarding your previous post,

while it does seem like the game has plenty of charm to me, I still want to buy Sharp Sword rather than Sword.
Everyone expecting an enhanced version is gonna be jebaited with a remake.

Just like how everyone expecting a remake got two enhanced versions two years ago.

osby

Smash Obsessed
"I wonder how Ultimate General Discussion is doing without Social."

Smashboards: Episode II – Attack of the Spambots

"The more things change..."

Shroob

Sup?
I think I'm the only one who doesn't want Sinnoh remakes. I don't remember a whole hell of a lot of Gen 4, but I remember how tedious the world's layout was.

At least with good ol "7.8/10 too much water", everything was mapped out rather lineally, and the encounters were just a repel away from avoiding them. Sinnoh's map was....just... bad, and it's all thanks to Mt.Coronet dividing the region in 2.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Everyone expecting an enhanced version is gonna be jebaited with a remake.

Just like how everyone expecting a remake got two enhanced versions two years ago.
Fine by me, they'll be making the Sinnoh remakes with more experience working with the Switch.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
“My Charizard can fly!”
“My Ponyta is so pretty!”
“My Dracovish is a sin against nature and god himself...”
"I can carry my Coviknight wherever I go!!!"

"I can battle Inteleon and Toxtricity together and then ship them later!!!"

"I can roll my Wheezing everyw-- wait, what was that last one again?"

:yoshi:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My sister says it looks like it was drawn by a 9-year-old, but here it is.
20191122_004422.jpg

"Voltovish, the Fossil Pokemon.

In prehistoric times, this pokemon ruled the skies by rapidly flapping its arms and fins, allow it to simultaneously fly and generate electricity. These limbs were not suited for flying, however, which eventually lead to its extinction."

Arctodrake coming at some point not today. I forget how exhausting drawing is.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
My sister says it looks like it was drawn by a 9-year-old, but here it is.
View attachment 247683
"Voltovish, the Fossil Pokemon.

In prehistoric times, this pokemon ruled the skies by rapidly flapping its arms and wings, allow it to simultaneously fly and generate electricity. These limbs were not suited for flying, however, which eventually lead to its extinction."

Arctodrake coming at some point not today. I forget how exhausting drawing is.
>Arctodrake

inb4 it's just 2 butts

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Aye Shroob Shroob , I saw that hot take you spat out about Sinnoh, and while under normal circumstances I would end a man's life for talking such rancid hogwash about Sinnoh, the greatest region to ever exist, I have a positive vibe about you and understand that you simply are too young and charasmatic to contemplate beautiful art, so I'll put aside my civic duties this time. Also I have work tomorrow and I don't want to have to tell my boss the same excuse I did when I killed an Anti Sinnoh in the past and say, "it's just ketchup, don't worry about it". /joke

Speaking of work, I should probably go to bed and get some sleep.

Shroob

Sup?
It may not have a brain or ears, but it still has feelings. You shall refer to Arctodrake as "conjoined hindquarters", not as something so crude as "2 butts".
And I thought Centiscortch was the only Pokemon Centipede we were getting this gen.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It’s sad that Arctovish, arguably the most complete of the fossils, is still a screw up. It’s head is on backwards.

It be like that sometimes.

Shroob

Sup?
It’s sad that Arctovish, arguably the most complete of the fossils, is still a screw up. It’s head is on backwards.

It be like that sometimes.
The extra sad thing is the body belongs to a reptile, and the head's a fish.

Yeah no **** it has breathing problems, it would even if the head wasn't on upside down lol.

.....why does Vish have breathing problems in BOTH its forms. Poor thing.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Hoenn is the best region, water memes be damned

Sinnoh is nicely interconnected and all but the region is such a chore to traverse, especially the snow routes which have nothing going for them other than the music

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Sinnoh has Garchomp and Cynthia.

I rest my case.
c22.png

Also, the creepy ass mansion that scared me as a kid.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Anyone who say that the Distorted World wasn't memorable is either a liar...

Or they never brought Platinum or gave up before reaching it.

In all cases, I love Gen 4, and I die on that hill, dang it!

D

Deleted member

Gen 4 is the only generation of Pokemon that I’ve played, and all it did was make me realise that I don’t like Pokemon.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I sunk over 100 hours into Pearl back when it first released and got pretty burnt out on Gen 4, so I never ended up finishing my playthrough of Platinum.

Game Freak's practice of releasing an upgraded version of the regular game a year or two after release is honestly one of the biggest reasons why I fell out of this franchise for the longest time.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Abomination though it may be, Dracovish has got to be my favourite of the four frankenfossilmon

Bet Relicanth is glad it never went extinct, so it never had to suffer the indignity and pain of having its head mounted on a dinosaur

D

Deleted member

I don't really want to admit this, but eh, i think I went a little overboard last night with the gifs.

I'll try to tone it down a little bit more today.

But first...

also, gif version of the above(just slightly cut a bit)
https://giphy.com/gifs/JPaBE0rflOohYUFh1n

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean... making every final evolution non-gender-coded would make them appealing to even more people, which is what they did.
I mean.... clearly not. I don’t like any of the starters this way and statistically there have to be a bunch more people like me.
The thing is they never really needed that coverage. As Opossum pointed out, at least 3/4 of the starters don't lean towards any particular gender and of the generations as a whole, all except one didn't rely on that 'masculine/feminine/cool' trope and still appealed to a wide audience. While there can be an appeal to having the starters reflect certain genders, history has shown that the series does not need to rely on that to appeal to the masses. Many fans like the starters regardless of that trait, so it's not something they absolutely need to do to appeal to them.

Laugh now while you can, but once he gets Sand Rush he's going to smack your team in the face with a powered up Bolt Beak.
So what. It’s my fault none of the starters appeal to me and I should just change what I like and don’t like?

D

Deleted member

Jesus ****ing christ, 20 cents for a super bad common? You serious right now?
Screenshot 2019-11-22 at 7.09.13 AM.png
I mean, tbf, the set this thing comes from releases today, and unlike Magic or Yugioh, just getting your hands on packs or booster boxes is hard as hell(and expensive) so the prices on singles tend to be jacked up. It's extremely rare for a common to be any less than 10 cents at times!

so now, I just have to play the waiting game and wait for the price to go down enough to be affordable to me(there is one other card I want from this set, and I quite literally only have a buck to spend atm)

I mean.... clearly not. I don’t like any of the starters this way and statistically there have to be a bunch more people like me.

So what. It’s my fault none of the starters appeal to me and I should just change what I like and don’t like?
I'll keep this short because I'm about to hit a dead zone:

It's not that big of a deal if none of the starters appeal to you specifically. That's their point.(at least, I think it is. osby osby ? Arcanir Arcanir ?)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Nobody's saying that, people are just saying that starters are mostly gender neutral

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think I'm the only one who doesn't want Sinnoh remakes. I don't remember a whole hell of a lot of Gen 4, but I remember how tedious the world's layout was.

At least with good ol "7.8/10 too much water", everything was mapped out rather lineally, and the encounters were just a repel away from avoiding them. Sinnoh's map was....just... bad, and it's all thanks to Mt.Coronet dividing the region in 2.
I need Sinnoh remakes in my life

D

Deleted member

You're putting words in his mouth. The argument has been centered over why Rillaboom isn't some Candy Kong-looking Pokemon. If you can't even understand that, then you should cut the debate and reflect before someone else blocks you.

osby

Smash Obsessed
True, but nothing can please everyone. That doesn't necessarily mean GameFreak is doing wrong.

No, you should just accept that not everyone has to agree with you.

It's OK if you dislike the designs. But it's a subjective matter and you don't have to change people's opinions on that.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Dunno how anyone could hate on Cinderace. It shoots flaming pebbles and the does the "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL" pose.

Sobble is both that one character from Star Fox and Randall.

And Grookey...Well, what else can it say but "You're welcome"?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom