• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
We're more focused on revamping how we moderate than how many people are moderating, right now. But fresh new voices within the staff are totally going to be welcome.

When and all that, no one knows. For now, you're stuck with us. :p
Well, I have no problem with that. You know that. :p

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
We're more focused on revamping how we moderate than how many people are moderating, right now. But fresh new voices within the staff are totally going to be welcome.

I for one am happy with our Sneasel overlord at the moment.

NineS

Smash Lord

Quality over quantity. Almost always the better option, really. With less people it might be a little more overwhelming at times, but at least it's easier to keep track of everyone as well as put more time to working on how you get the job done.

Truthfully I feel the quality is fine as is, but I suppose it never hurts to improve.
Ayyyy, we're almost back in business !

Maybe if i start contributing to the thread while it's still fresh, i won't feel so out of place when i post here :0
Let's get you a head start. Quick! Any hopes for E3? Any expectations? Most wanted smash character?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Work went well for me today, so that's done good for my mood. Then I come home to see a new social is finally up. Today hasn't been so bad.

It's good to be back everyone. It felt so dark and lonely in the PMs.

To everyone who's leaving or thinking of doing so, I just hope you do whatever you think will be the best for yourselves. To everyone who's staying, I'm exciting to start chatting with you all again.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Discord has ruined me...

Instead of italicizing my post as one would in a forum, I instead italicized the way you do it in Discord.

Ah, well. Too late now.
Discord has surprisingly not ruined me, I still feel as comfortable here as usual.

Then again, I've been on this website for years now, and I don't use Discord much (in fact, Discord still feel weird to me), soooo, memory reflex I guess.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Quality over quantity. Almost always the better option, really. With less people it might be a little more overwhelming at times, but at least it's easier to keep track of everyone as well as put more time to working on how you get the job done.

Truthfully I feel the quality is fine as it, but I suppose it never hurts to improve.

Let's get you a head start. Quick! Any hopes for E3? Any expectations? Most wanted smash character?
O-Oh right, hummm... I hope Banjo & Kazooie gets something new for E3, though i don't expect it to happen at this point :T
And i really want Porky Minch in smash.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, I'm happy to see that everything is as it should be. At least for the most part. It's almost 4 in the morning here, so I'm gonna head off.

Though I haven't been here on Smashboards as long as some, I still consider myself an oldie of sorts. Seeing us go through something like that and crawl out of it alright really does warm my heart.

Nighty night.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Discord has surprisingly not ruined me, I still feel as comfortable here as usual.

Then again, I've been on this website for years now, and I don't use Discord much (in fact, Discord still feel weird to me), soooo, memory reflex I guess.
Me personally I've been using forums for a long time, so when I signed up in here it felt like home. If anything sometimes using Discord feels weird to me.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Discord has ruined me...

Instead of italicizing my post as one would in a forum, I instead italicized the way you do it in Discord.

Ah, well. Too late now.
Honestly jumping between formats always throws me.

I'm still not good at Discord. It was the inspiration for a running Discord gag in our show's next episode, actually.

Well, I'm happy to see that everything is as it should be. At least for the most part. It's almost 4 in the morning here, so I'm gonna head off.

Though I haven't been here on Smashboards as long as some, I still consider myself an oldie of sorts. Seeing us go through something like that and crawl out of it alright really does warm my heart.

Nighty night.
Night dude. Thanks for being here.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

I think it's the fact that I used to talk on Skype a lot.

Going onto Discord was like slipping into something I was inherently familiar with.

Forum typing is familiar enough to me (it's essentially the same as typing a Word Document), but I suppose the ease of use with Skype and Discord's system of formatting text gels with me quite well.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I think it's the fact that I used to talk on Skype a lot.

Going onto Discord was like slipping into something I was inherently familiar with.

Forum typing is familiar enough to me (it's essentially the same as typing a Word Document), but I suppose the ease of use with Skype and Discord's system of formatting text gels with me quite well.
I've basically only used Discord/Skype for necessity. Admin stuff on AllisBrawl, mod stuff here, and coordinating actors/collaborating on work.

I much prefer forums. I get time to think between posts, easily browse other people's stuff, format what I want to say, make my long essays when I get really into a topic, that sort of stuff.

NineS

Smash Lord
Honestly jumping between formats always throws me.

I'm still not good at Discord. It was the inspiration for a running Discord gag in our show's next episode, actually.
Jumping between formats isn't always too bad for me...

Unless I'm extremely tired. At which point, I just try using the Discord format on Youtube, the boards, and everywhere else, and vice-versa.
O-Oh right, hummm... I hope Banjo & Kazooie gets something new for E3, though i don't expect it to happen at this point :T
And i really want Porky Minch in smash.
Wouldn't have taken you for a Mother/Earthbound fan at a glance. Expecting anyone to be announced at E3? If so, who? Assuming it's not Porky.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Oh yeah ? haha.
At this point, i'm fully ecxpecting :
(Possible Leak/rumor)
Erdrick, there's way too much evidence in favor of his inclusion
And if we get two reveals, maybe Lloyd or a Capcom rep.

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice

For me, I have observed forums more than participate in them but nothing too unusual to use them. I've been using Discord for three years now and as an admin so I'm comfortable with it. Btw if any of you need help with Discord, you can hit me up.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I've basically only used Discord/Skype for necessity. Admin stuff on AllisBrawl, mod stuff here, and coordinating actors/collaborating on work.

I much prefer forums. I get time to think between posts, easily browse other people's stuff, format what I want to say, make my long essays when I get really into a topic, that sort of stuff.
I like the time between posts on forums, but I also like the instant nature of Skype/Discord.

It doesn't really help that my personality probably lends itself well to stream-of-consciousness posting.
Jumping between formats isn't always too bad for me...

Unless I'm extremely tired. At which point, I just try using the Discord format on Youtube, the boards, and everywhere else, and vice-versa.

Wouldn't have taken you for a Mother/Earthbound fan at a glance. Expecting anyone to be announced at E3? If so, who? Assuming it's not Porky.
I've typed ** on Smashboards.
Tried to use Ctrl+I on Discord.

Sometimes I've blended the two, I've tried to use Ctrl+8 on Smashboards, which just leads to me switching tabs. XD

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I made this post back in the previous thread and some people never got a chance to respond to it before the lock. Myself included. So I’m reposting it:

Ok guys, let’s say you could add an entirely new series to Smash along with a represented character. The following are what you can add:

1. A character
  2. A stage
  3. Twelve musical tracks
  4. 8-12 Spirits
  5. A trailer for the character
Be as descriptive as you want. I’ll put mine up later this evening.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
So how's the move feeling?

View attachment 224461
Fan-tas-y 7. You thought I was gonna say Fantastic, didn't you?
Well, you're wrong. It's not Fantastic.
check it.png

It's spectacular!
why do I feel so happy? it must be this mask... it's effects are taking its toll on me...
Oh yeah ? haha.
At this point, i'm fully ecxpecting :
(Possible Leak/rumor)
Erdrick, there's way too much evidence in favor of his inclusion
And if we get two reveals, maybe Lloyd or a Capcom rep.
Don't worry about putting spoilers on leaks/rumours. People who come to the social threads know fully well to expect leaks and/or rumours. It's considerate of you to hide them behind spoilers, though!

Erdrick is someone I undeniably know is likely. I don't feel he's likely for some reason, but I can't deny he's one of the most likely picks right now.
Also, I just noticed your account is fresh! ...Maybe not one-day fresh but still, welcome to the boards! Hope you enjoy your stay. In case you couldn't tell, I'm the local-Yoko Taro/Nier guy.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I made this post back in the previous thread and some people never got a chance to respond to it before the lock. Myself included. So I’m reposting it:
Right, let me get that response back I made...

"Crash Bandicoot series...

Crash
N. Sanity Beach
2 songs from 1, 5 songs from 2, 4 songs from 3, 1 song from Twinsanity
Coco, Crunch, Cortex, Aku Aku, Uka Uka, N. Gin, N. Brio, Dingodile, Tiny Tiger, Polar, Ripper Roo, N. Tropy"

:yoshi:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Fan-tas-y 7. You thought I was gonna say Fantastic, didn't you?
Well, you're wrong. It's not Fantastic.
View attachment 224462
It's spectacular!
why do I feel so happy? it must be this mask... it's effects are taking its toll on me...

Don't worry about putting spoilers on leaks/rumours. People who come to the social threads know fully well to expect leaks and/or rumours. It's considerate of you to hide them behind spoilers, though!

Erdrick is someone I undeniably know is likely. I don't feel he's likely for some reason, but I can't deny he's one of the most likely picks right now.
Also, I just noticed your account is fresh! ...Maybe not one-day fresh but still, welcome to the boards! Hope you enjoy your stay. In case you couldn't tell, I'm the local-Yoko Taro/Nier guy.
Hehe, thanks ! i'm enjoying it so far ^^

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Alrighty then, I'll repost the response I made to this.

Minecraft

Character: Steve
The main man himself, it really can't be anyone else. Alex is gonna be an alt skin of him, and his other skins can be references of other Minecraft characters like the creeper and whatnot.

Stage: Minecraft
I imagine the Minecraft stage to be a dynamic field that is destructible and it changes depending on the destruction inflected upon it, shaping it to how we want it to look. We can even go underground if enough damage is dealt.

Music: Sweden, Double Time, Wet Hands, Agile Accelerando, Time is of the Essence, Minecraft, Living Mice, Biome Fest, Aria Math, Haunt Muskie, Danny, Subwoofer Lullaby.
Some of these songs will be remixes, while some will be original.

Spirits: Creeper, Pig, Diamond, Ender Dragon, Villager, Enderman, Spider, Skeleton, Zombie, The Wither.

Trailer: The Animal Crossing Villager would be running around like every other day. He'd be cutting trees, fishing, picking up fruit etc. Suddenly night falls and zombies start to rise up and attack him. Villager starts to panic until a valiant hero shows up out of nowhere and saves him. Cue in the title card: Steve picks a fight!

D

Deleted member

I feel like I'm one of the few people here who uses BBCode.

I joined another forum before joining this one (one that I'm still far more active on despite it being far less active overall), and the default setting for posting there was BBCode. By the time I discovered the option to change to the default typing style of this website, I was so used to typing out the BBCode that it would've been too much effort to shift back to the other style.

The things that were hardest for me to get used to on this forum is the lack of an easily accessible reply page (it does exist, but I can't be bothered to type "/reply" at the end of a URL if I want to reply to a thread), and the new BBCode (the other forum's software is old) as when the mode is switched to BBCode the buttons stop working. I've got used to first one now, especially considering this websites reply page is worse, but I'm still getting used to some of the things they didn't have on the other forum.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I feel like I'm one of the few people here who uses BBCode.

I joined another forum before joining this one (one that I'm still far more active on despite it being far less active overall), and the default setting for posting there was BBCode. By the time I discovered the option to change to the default typing style of this website, I was so used to typing out the BBCode that it would've been too much effort to shift back to the other style.

The things that were hardest for me to get used to on this forum is the lack of an easily accessible reply page (it does exist, but I can't be bothered to type "/reply" at the end of a URL if I want to reply to a thread), and the new BBCode (the other forum's software is old) as when the mode is switched to BBCode the buttons stop working. I've got used to first one now, especially considering this websites reply page is worse, but I'm still getting used to some of the things they didn't have on the other forum.
We used to have a dedicated reply page (the old More Options button that used to be next to Post Reply and Preview) but it got removed for some reason.

It sucks too because it was so convenient to have whenever the page crashed from too many embeds.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Ok guys, let’s say you could add an entirely new series to Smash along with a represented character. The following are what you can add:

1. A character
  2. A stage
  3. Twelve musical tracks
  4. 8-12 Spirits
Be as descriptive as you want. I’ll put mine up later this evening.
Alright. Lemme do the obvious one to get it out of the way.

1. Jill Valentine
  2. The Queen Zenobia
  3. Ride on Sea, A State of Emergency, Nemesis Final Metamorphosis, Assault Fire, Winds of Madness, Free From Fear, Theme of Alexia, HUNK's Theme from RE2make, Atrocity, Rust in Summer 2008, Reckless Driving of LMO, Safe Haven
  4. Chris Redfield (buff), Chris Redfield (slim), Wesker (STARS), Wesker (Matrix villain), Nemesis, Leon S. Kennedy, Ada Wong, Claire Redfield, Rebecca Chambers, Barry Burton, Carlos Oliveira, BOWs
  5. The Queen Zenobia, a derilect cruise ship, is ominously floating along an angry sea. Lightning strikes the water to show a brief glimpse of it in ephemeral white light as rain pours, just before thunder claps and the ship is veiled in darkness again. We hear a voice on a radio, but it's static-y. Hard to make out. As the camera moves along the ship's side, passing ghoulish, unsettling figures as they stumble and moan along the deck and through the windows, the static radio clears up in spaces: It's a familiar voice, calling for his partner. "...are you there? Please, answer me!" A dark, female figure silhouettes against the night as the camera draws close, and a new flash of lightning shows us her face. "Chris. I'm here."

JILL LIGHTS UP THE NIGHT.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Alrighty then, I'll repost the response I made to this.

Minecraft

Character: Steve
The main man himself, it really can't be anyone else. Alex is gonna be an alt skin of him, and his other skins can be references of other Minecraft characters like the creeper and whatnot.

Stage: Minecraft
I imagine the Minecraft stage to be a dynamic field that is destructible and it changes depending on the destruction inflected upon it, shaping it to how we want it to look. We can even go underground if enough damage is dealt.

Music: Sweden, Double Time, Wet Hands, Agile Accelerando, Time is of the Essence, Minecraft, Living Mice, Biome Fest, Aria Math, Haunt Muskie, Danny, Subwoofer Lullaby.
Some of these songs will be remixes, while some will be original.

Spirits: Creeper, Pig, Diamond, Ender Dragon, Villager, Enderman, Spider, Skeleton, Zombie, The Wither.

Trailer: The Animal Crossing Villager would be running around like every other day. He'd be cutting trees, fishing, picking up fruit etc. Suddenly night falls and zombies start to rise up and attack him. Villager starts to panic until a valiant hero shows up out of nowhere and saves him. Cue in the title card: Steve picks a fight!
Y'know, I've still never played Minecraft, but I'm sold on this one.

KMDP

Smash Legend
  1. A character
  2. A stage
  3. Twelve musical tracks
  4. 8-12 Spirits
Character: Agumon
Stage: Digital World
Music
  1. Brave Heart (Remix)
  2. Machinedramon Fight (Remix) [from Digimon World]
  3. Digital Wars (Remix) [from Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth]
  4. Battle Theme [from Digimon World 3]
  5. Battle Theme #1 [from Digimon World: Dawn and Dusk]
  6. Confront the Enemy [from Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth]
  7. Final Stage [from Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth]
  8. Cyber Duel [from Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory]
  9. Terror [from Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory]
  10. Accentier (Karaoke) [from Digimon World: Next 0rder]
  11. Blue Sky Big Step [from Digimon World: Next 0rder]
  12. Battle Theme #2 [from Digimon World: Next 0rder]
Graizen Graizen

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Y'know, I've still never played Minecraft, but I'm sold on this one.
Glad you liked it!
Minecraft is a game that is easy to pick up and play, and I always find myself coming back to it when the feeling of exploration and adventure arises. The best part about the game is that you can do anything you want in it, which means every time you start a new game you can always set up a new goal and experience a different playthrough. Give it a try whenever you're curious enough.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Ayy lmao we're back baby

...Anyways.

For E3, I just want to see if there's at least a sneak peek, or a preview, of the new Mario & Luigi game, or any game by Alphadream. If I remember correctly, last year they started to recruit devs for an Playstation 4 game.

I'm expecting to get some details on Pokemon Sword and Shield, but I've always been hearing more often that armor 'evolution' has been disproved...maybe? Who knows, maybe we'll see at the E3 there. And let's not forget the Sun and Moon leaks, some things were leaked as early as when the game was first announced, and it was proved to be true. I also remember some uproar when Gamefreak showed us Pokemons...of which some of them was actually from some fan-made pictures or at least inspired by it.

Most wanted smash character? Honestly I don't really care about it at this point anymore but I want to see Banjo in the game. Not buying on Agumon getting his own roster slot. Ugh, there are just too many choices here @_@
However, please. I'm just not too fond of Steve being in game. Actually, it doesn't matter to me if he somehow gets in the game, but I think Banjo is an more reasonable choice than Steve. Besides, the Smash team would require permission from Mojing, and especially from Notch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom