• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Welp, between racking my brain regarding leak bait, code names, and coincidences along with being hungry with the only things available being Toaster Strudels and a box of Gold Star, I'm kinda tired. Then again, it's amazing what can be pieced together regarding the Banjo thread even though there is a bit of a bias.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Welp, between racking my brain regarding leak bait, code names, and coincidences along with being hungry with the only things available being Toaster Strudels and a box of Gold Star, I'm kinda tired. Then again, it's amazing what can be pieced together regarding the Banjo thread even though there is a bit of a bias.
What have they been talking about this time?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm sorry to hear that. A lot of people can be overly rough. :c

You can always PM me for support.
Thanks. I don’t know. Right now it would just be more angry ranting. I just.... for a while I was in this phase where my go to reaction was sadness, and now it’s rage. Like, super strong deep rage. It’s way moe unhealthy and I feel like all I can do to be polite is bottle it in.

Goddamn it, I can hear her singing in the shower! How can she be so light hearted after we just has that screaming match!?!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Thanks. I don’t know. Right now it would just be more angry ranting. I just.... for a while I was in this phase where my go to reaction was sadness, and now it’s rage. Like, super strong deep rage. It’s way moe unhealthy and I feel like all I can do to be polite is bottle it in.

Goddamn it, I can hear her singing in the shower! How can she be so light hearted after we just has that screaming match!?!
*hugs* I don't know what to say other than my ears are open.

I hope things go better for you soon. :)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm very skeptical of that leak- if I remember correctly when the leaker posted their ballot results there were several franchises/characters that they "forgot" and added in later. I honestly really like the roster, very unorthodox and cool, but I can't see Velvet over Lloyd or Nakoruru over Terry (though nako isn't completely implausible, especially with the new SamSho).
Yeah. Sakurai even said in an interview that if there was a Tales character it had to be Lloyd. Unless Namco held a gun to his head and forced him, I can’t see him picking Velvet.

I still think we’re getting a Dark Souls Character as the second Namco one though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That book of Sakurai's made me come back to the 5ch rumor with Velvet, Nakoruru, and RE(Leon, Chris, Jill or Nemesis IMO). Even the person himself that posted the rumor doesn't believe it(only Erdrick he believes). I think this would be a fine roster IMO. Fits in very well with what Reggie said.

That said though the ballot rumor attached to it implies that Snake, Sora, Phoenix Wright, and Bomberman(who were supposedly above Bayonetta) were the 3rd party characters that were rejected. Looking at the characters, they actually have plausible reasons to be rejected.
I can understand most of that rejection but there’s a glaring contradiction!
1558921270012.gif

How could bayonneta places top 4 in France if there were four other charters ahead of her 5chan?

Not to mention your biggest mistake! You have no evidence or logic behind why I can’t be playable!

Capcom and Nintendo love me, and I’ve already kicked ass in UMVC!

So “leakers” what now? Your dad doesn’t really work at Nintendo does he?

I just wanted to post this because there’s absolutely nothing that makes Phoenix un negotiable. Passed up on? Sure but not impossible. That confirms to me that this leak is bull.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Yeah. Sakurai even said in an interview that if there was a Tales character it had to be Lloyd. Unless Namco held a gun to his head and forced him, I can’t see him picking Velvet.

I still think we’re getting a Dark Souls Character as the second Namco one though.
One thing you should never assume is what Sakurai thinks. No one knows what his decisions are but him.

That said though Velvet easily adds a demographic to Smash, female gamers who haven't played Smash yet so she could be a good pick in Nintendo's eyes.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I kind of forgot that FFXIII's soundtrack is the ****ing bomb.

Never even finished the game but I know the soundtrack front to back.

Anyway, I'm out for the night. I'll catch all you people later.

What's wrong with Iridium? It's easy to remember, distinct and you've worn it for so long.

I like it.
Not as long as you that it's bad, but I feel like I could go for something more original. Either that, or I just find it awkward nowadays. Which is strange, but I just seem to change my opinion on some things fast. I could still stick with it.

Yup, I'm still in it :yoshi:
Should I prepare to start counting Yoshis?

Any band name you want to use? :yoshi:
As in musicians? There would be too many good ones. I like the sound of Blind Guardian.

Hydrogen. Oxygen. H20. Pandemonium.
Okay, you got me.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Okay everyone. I'm starting up AMAs again today. Next up is Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones then @Noipoi later this week, as long as they're both still interested.

Here's the current list of everyone who'd originally signed up and has not had an AMA yet. If you would like to be taken off the list or if you don't see yourself here and would like to be added, please let me know.

Sorry for the mass tagging.
As you might be aware, I'm not gonna really be here that much anymore.

That being said, I'll still be down for my AMA when the time comes. Just DM me on Discord when I'm next.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
What have they been talking about this time?
Well, besides the list of stuff going on for Banjo and stuff against Steve (all of which could be circumstantial as mentioned by the guy who made write up), someone brought up the possibility of Erdrick being less likely for a couple reasons
  1. A code name of Brave would be way too obvious since it was pointed out that the only reason people knew Jack was Joker was because he was announced beforehand and we likely would not have connected Jack to Joker if Joker wasn't announced (this kinda started when this thing got posted)
  2. Square Enix is notorious for cracking down on leaks to the point that when Cloud in Smash 4 got leaked, it was a couple hours before the presentation so it didn't really matter in the end and it was also pointed out the only reason KH3 stuff got leaked was because someone outright stole the damn thing from the warehouse.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

More he said "Is there any choice but Lloyd", acknowledging his popularity and worldwide appeal combined. I think he'd still choose another if they were of interest. It's just more clearly his favorite choice.

I'm not sure who we could get from Bamco. Artorias sounds like a really fun Dark Souls option, but there's other cool ones like Heihachi, Lloyd, Nightmare, and Agumon. I can't think of any smaller guns outside of Klonoa though, among who they own.

Okay, you got me.
I bet you can't guess what they all have in common. :p

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
View attachment 224604

How could bayonneta places top 4 in France if there were four other charters ahead of her 5chan?

Not to mention your biggest mistake! You have no evidence or logic behind why I can’t be playable!

Capcom and Nintendo love me, and I’ve already kicked *** in UMVC!

I just wanted to post this because there’s absolutely nothing that makes Phoenix un negotiable. Passed up on? Sure but not impossible. That confirms to me that this leak is bull.
Not sure if this is serious but.

1. France has a smaller population and would probably be around less than 10% of TOTAL votes overall in the ballot.

2. Sakurai likes to stay true to the guest character;s origins and put heart into them, I don't think he would use UMVC3 as his main reference for Phoenix. Heck he probably couldn't adapt him to Smash much like with Heihachi.

3. Ace Attorney is unfortunately one of Capcom's SMALLEST franchises. It only sold 7 million copies total compared to the likes of besides Street Fighter and Mega Man: Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, and even Devil May Cry. Capcom in their eyes wouldn't see Phoenix as profitable and would likely prefer to loan say a RE character. Heck I believe the newest AT games are digital only in the west.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
View attachment 224604

Capcom and Nintendo love me, and I’ve already kicked *** in UMVC!

Assuming the leak is real, that would mean sakurai passed up on bomberman for bayonetta as well, who is also a perfectly capable fighter. He might just not see phoenix as a fighter (again, assuming the rumor is correct).

Iridium

Smash Hero
More he said "Is there any choice but Lloyd", acknowledging his popularity and worldwide appeal combined. I think he'd still choose another if they were of interest. It's just more clearly his favorite choice.

I'm not sure who we could get from Bamco. Artorias sounds like a really fun Dark Souls option, but there's other cool ones like Heihachi, Lloyd, Nightmare, and Agumon. I can't think of any smaller guns outside of Klonoa though, among who they own.

I bet you can't guess what they all have in common. :p
I really can't, but I got led to the Pet Shop Boys.

Blind Guardian is a pretty sweet name :yoshi:
That took me a bit of a search. Most others would just be hilariously awkward to me.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Here’s a question.

Does anybody think any one particular company will get 2 DLC picks?

If so, which company and why?

While I would absolutely love if Sakurai chose both Leon/Jill and Dante from Capcom, I highly doubt it’ll happen.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The fact that Bomberman is an AT is evidence to me that he was considered but passed up. The easiest explanation for why he was rejected is that Sakurai just can't think of a good moveset for him. He mainly just plants bombs, grab them and can enlarge them. Sure there's the powerups but it probably wasn't enough for him.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Gooood morning afternoon (been awake for 3hrs thus far, but I feel I'm caught up now, YATTA!)
Going to enjoy this not-cold cup of coffee now (typical me, letting my morning coffee go cold :cry:)

Was quite anxious about going to sleep last night. Things were going smoothly, too smoothly. "It just couldn't be right, right?". I didn't want to mention my departure because it seemed like we would have a brief period of little mod activity. Not entirely the case of course, but I pushed for another Australian who should be looking to sleep as well to stay up for as long as they could.

I'm really glad my worries weren't actualised. Truly, utterly emotional that it went okay.
Not to say there was nothing requiring moderation, but nothing that spiraled, nor did any other user fall into the trap of letting small instances evolve or gain momentum.

Thank you for being good everyone !:happysheep:

Among other things, since yesterday we've had a few current mods added to the forum for the time being, some already said hi/introduced themselves, but for those wondering:
Strong Badam Strong Badam Lore Lore Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth are now stuck with us for the foreseeable future.

P.S. Small request, but it's best for the time being "meta" (as in, discussion about the discussion / background stuff) doesn't become a conversation point, so if you have any queries or comments on those parts, my profile or a PM would be preferred.

P.S. P.S. There's no game of thrones this week, feels weird.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Gooood morning afternoon (been awake for 3hrs thus far, but I feel I'm caught up now, YATTA!)
Going to enjoy this not-cold cup of coffee now (typical me, letting my morning coffee go cold :cry:)

Was quite anxious about going to sleep last night. Things were going smoothly, too smoothly. "It just couldn't be right, right?". I didn't want to mention my departure because it seemed like we would have a brief period of little mod active. Not entirely the case of course, but I pushed for another Australian who should be looking to sleep as well to stay up for as long as they could.

I'm really glad my worries weren't actualised. Truly, utterly emotional that it went okay.
Not to say there was nothing requiring moderation, but nothing that spiraled, nor did any other user fall into the trap of letting small instances evolve or gain momentum.

Among other things, since yesterday we've had a few current mods added to the forum for the time being, some already said hi/introduced themselves, but for those wondering:
Strong Badam Strong Badam Lore Lore Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth are now stuck with us for the foreseeable future.

P.S. Small request, but it's best for the time being "meta" doesn't become a conversation point, so if you have any queries or comments on those parts, my profile or a PM would be preferred.

No Game of Thrones? Didn't the last episode air last week? Anyway, you're welcome.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace

Was quite anxious about going to sleep last night. Things were going smoothly, too smoothly. "It just couldn't be right, right?". I didn't want to mention my departure because it seemed like we would have a brief period of little mod active. Not entirely the case of course, but I pushed for another Australian who should be looking to sleep as well to stay up for as long as they could.

P.S. Small request, but it's best for the time being "meta" doesn't become a conversation point, so if you have any queries or comments on those parts, my profile or a PM would be preferred.

Thank god there's no more of the dumpster fire that is game of thrones.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
No Game of Thrones? Didn't the last episode air last week? Anyway, you're welcome.
I suppose I'm still not fully over it ending.
Even if I had to wait like 2 years for this final season. Even if things were pretty disastrous.

I've rewatched every ep of GoT at least 3 times, except for the last one, which I've yet to rewatch at all. I'll get to it.

Instead there's some documentary airing for the final season, it's alright.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Wait, do you mean "Smash meta" or something else?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I suppose I'm still not fully over it ending.
Even if I had to wait like 2 years for this final season. Even if things were pretty disastrous.

I've rewatched every ep of GoT at least 3 times, except for the last one, which I've yet to rewatch at all. I'll get to it.

Instead there's some documentary airing for the final season, it's alright.
Okay, I see.

Man, on a side note, this place seems dead, or deader and more quiet with some of our users gone.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Here’s a question.

While I would absolutely love if Sakurai chose both Leon/Jill and Dante from Capcom, I highly doubt it’ll happen.
I don't think any particular company will get 2 DLC picks, there are three companies that came to my mind when I thought about it though.

Microsoft
Assuming these recent "we are friends" stuff aren't just for show and both companies are willing to cooperate a lot, I can probably see Nintendo picking two characters from Microsoft as a result of these recent cooperations.

Capcom
Mostly because they have a wide variety of franchises that are iconic and diverse enough to attract many different audiences. Capcom isn't lacking in the IP department so it's possible Nintendo might choose two characters as DLC.

Bandai Namco
They made the game :p

Keep in mind I don't expect it to happen and it's extremely unlikely that we'll get two DLC characters from the same company. Nintendo wants to reach new audiences. So unless there happened to be two IPs that they really liked and wanted in their game, and these two IPs so happened to be from the same company, then I don't think it's gonna happen.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Here’s a question.

IF there's any, it'll be Capcom, since they out of any company have formed the roots for almost as many genres as Nintendo themselves while also being extremely easy to work with considering how much creative freedom Capcom is allowing to Nintendo.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Everything is Yugioh references. First three being from a specific Water Dragon series of cards used by a Ra Yellow. The last one is an Archfiend card.
I only really watched the series, but that was so long ago. Now it shows.

Here’s a question.

I would love Tecmo, and I do wonder if Ryu and Kasumi could work. Not much hope for DoA getting any sort of content, but not impossible. Two mascots from two of their biggest franchises. Depends on how valuable of picks either would be, though.

Honestly, I don't really see one company getting 2 reps any more than 2 companies each getting 1. Probably wrong on this.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
We don't speak of that episode.

Here’s a question.

If any of them were to do it, I agree it would be Capcom. Between characters like Leon/Jill, Dante, Monster Hunter, Pheonix Wright, and Morrigan, they have such a huge stock of characters that you could easily fill up the remaining four packs with Capcom characters and still feel like you're missing someone notable. I can see any two characters from that list be appealing to Sakurai and he picks them regardless of being from the same company.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
We don't speak of that episode.

If any of them were to do it, I agree it would be Capcom. Between characters like Leon/Jill, Dante, Monster Hunter, Pheonix Wright, and Morrigan, they have such a huge stock of characters that you could easily fill up the remaining four packs with Capcom characters and still feel like you're missing someone notable. I can see any two characters from that list be appealing to Sakurai and he picks them regardless of being from the same company
I think the last episode of Game of Thrones did not go well with fans.

There, I said it. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I only really watched the series, but that was so long ago. Now it shows.
The cards in question showed up in GX. However, Pandemonium was in series 1, in Dark Crisis. The other cards of note are in Elemental Energy, being Hydrogeddon, Oxygeddon, and Bonding - H20.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Not sure if this is serious but.

1. France has a smaller population and would probably be around less than 10% of TOTAL votes overall in the ballot.

2. Sakurai likes to stay true to the guest character;s origins and put heart into them, I don't think he would use UMVC3 as his main reference for Phoenix. Heck he probably couldn't adapt him to Smash much like with Heihachi.

3. Ace Attorney is unfortunately one of Capcom's SMALLEST franchises. It only sold 7 million copies total compared to the likes of besides Street Fighter and Mega Man: Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, and even Devil May Cry. Capcom in their eyes wouldn't see Phoenix as profitable and would likely prefer to loan say a RE character. Heck I believe the newest AT games are digital only in the west.
I can’t really agree with the later two points. Especially when UMVC outlines what would easily be his main gimmick, evidence. On top on that they could use objections as physical projectiles or counters, and punches wouldn’t feel too out there. The former two would definitely be the main focus and you can do a lot there. Not to mention you can use maya to. Perhaps with a mechanic involving channeling that doubles Phoenix’s power by having two fighters out at once for a short period rather then just Phoenix.

It’s honestly pretty easy to use source material to write a moveset and stay faithful. If a plant can follow that same criteria it’s really not that hard to believe Phoenix could. I can’t see Capcom not be willing to help develop a moveset if Sakurai really wanted to try. It wouldn’t be a challenge for either party imo.

As for sales, I say that’s not a deciding factor. AA has always been a pretty good series popularity and sales wise. While also be one of the biggest Nintendo 3rd party exclusives(phone ports not counted and not counting the consoles ports recently released)

It’s sort of silently been a good support game for Capcom. The fact that almost every poll taken anywhere has Phoenix in the top 10, really speaks for his character. It’s clear he has demand.

There really is nothing to hold him back. The only thing that I think beats him is a resident Evil Rep. which that rumor does state. However outside of the rumor, in the event we get no new Capcom rep(if that happens) then it be pretty clear they just didn’t want a Capcom character and I wouldn’t say Phoenix’s chances would ever be different. That’s just my opinion personally though

MainJPW

M.T.A
I woke up a few hours ago and found this on Youtube.

Thought the Sonic fans among us might like to see it.

Sonic - Project Hero - 2019 Update!
hnnggg

God damn look at the movement on Sonic; it's smooth. Look at the options.

• He's got his Bound/Bounce which looks great, he's got his stomp.
  • He's got Drop Dash which looks better here than in Forces, it looks like you can activate that **** on the surface of the water with enough momentum.
  • Wall Jump should be in every 3D game.
  • Air Dash looks great you can angle it wherever
  • Homing Attack doesn't stop you dead which is something I always hated; look at how he bounces forward with it.
  • You can curl while running like in the 2D games, look at how much speed you can gain while doing that down slopes.
  • Bubble Sheild looks fun af, it just bounces you all over the place when you're curled up.
Just look at the animations; he rolls when he lands. These characters are supposed to be agile and this developer just nails it.

-----------

Bro check out Tails. Everyone has Spin Dash which they need for the momentum-based rolling style of gameplay. No brainer stuff.

They gave him his bombs.

BOMBS. You run with it and run while throwing it and you can fly with it.

You can use the explosion from the bombs to launch you into the air.

https://youtu.be/JEHBtq4xvS4?t=159

The ****ing options in this engine.
  • His Spin Ball has his tails out like in the Classic. Nice touch!

This is the best Tails has ever looked... oh my god.

Holy ****les it's Knuckles.

You can see with Tails & Knuckles that bouncing off enemies isn't tough like it would be in games like SA1 or 2. It's seamless like in the Classics.

• Gliding is smooth.
  • Top speed run animation is from S3K/Chaotix/Mania. Good.
  • He's got Ground Shaker, the move where Knuckles dives into the ground and creates a shockwave. You can burrow with it which also means it's a combo of both Ground Shaker and Drill Claw.
  • He's got the combo from SA2/Sonic Advance games but with an extra finish. Look how it's handled; each punch alone doesn't immediately destroy it, you have to finish the combo, but jumping on it or spinning into it is a one-shot. That's how the other games should have handled it. (Not counting Heroes.) The stun time from each hit allows you to combo into other ****: https://youtu.be/iM6qebS36IU?t=140 God it's ****ing crazy.
  • Climb animation looks good.
  • LOOOK AT THE MOMENTUMMMM: https://youtu.be/iM6qebS36IU?t=211
I can't wait for some level design. We need to see some levels we need to see some more refinements but this engine already looks better than any of the 3D stuff from SEGA. The momentum based mechanics, the movement, the options.

I love how the characters just have their all their **** here, no stupid bull**** like Tails have the stupid Dummy Ring Bomb in '06 but no Tail Swipe, Tails and Knuckles not having a Spin Dash for no reason (SA1), Sonic not having more agility options and having stuff locked behind ******** unlockables (which is inconsistent from game to game, one game he can perform a certain action by default, next game he needs to unlock it for no reason). This Project is the real deal.

I don't normally say this, but... SEGA does need to hire some new blood lol here's your guy. I'm so tired of Sonic Team, man...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think I stated it before, but I think what Phoenix Wright can bring is absolutely...unique. I don’t really know how they would have him work, but i’m sure they could

I just feel that the popularity of the Ace Attorney series...started on Nintendo consoles. The die hard Ace Attorney fans needed a Nintendo console to play the originals, and therefore would likely be Nintendo fans.

That isn’t to say AA wouldn’t bring in people to play Smash that hadn’t already. But I feel the largest Capcom margin to look at is Resident Evil, considering Monster Hunter is already in the game.

I’d also say DMC, but it’s actually not that huge of a franchise. Sure, it’s bigger than Ace Attorney, and not that sales dictate everything (after all, Mega Man May be the mascot, but he isn’t the money maker), but Resident Evil just has the characters, settings, and reach to hype up a good number of fans.

It’s also not totally expected, because frankly the gameplay itself seems to also have that air of “How would they even fight in Smash?”. But they could definitely do something creative with a RE pick.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Huh... didn’t realize that another Social Thread opened up.

Regardless of the current situation, I’m still probably gonna be on this site way less than I usually am.

I’m not completely leaving, but I’m definitely not going to be here every day.

Maybe around E3 I’ll start posting here more regularly, but for now, it’s gonna be less frequent.

PsySmasher PsySmasher There we go. Joker finally won a major with Leo.
Yeah, it was only a matter of time before
Leo did it.

Haven’t had a chance to watch any matches yet, but I will within the next week or so.

KMDP

Smash Legend
hnnggg

God damn look at the movement on Sonic; it's smooth. Look at the options.

• He's got his Bound/Bounce which looks great, he's got his stomp.
  • He's got Drop Dash which looks better here than in Forces, it looks like you can activate that **** on the surface of the water with enough momentum.
  • Wall Jump should be in every 3D game.
  • Air Dash looks great you can angle it wherever
  • Homing Attack doesn't stop you dead which is something I always hated; look at how he bounces forward with it.
  • You can curl while running like in the 2D games, look at how much speed you can gain while doing that down slopes.
  • Bubble Sheild looks fun af, it just bounces you all over the place when you're curled up.
Just look at the animations; he rolls when he lands. These characters are supposed to be agile and this developer just nails it.

-----------

Bro check out Tails. Everyone has Spin Dash which they need for the momentum-based rolling style of gameplay. No brainer stuff.

They gave him his bombs.

BOMBS. You run with it and run while throwing it and you can fly with it.

You can use the explosion from the bombs to launch you into the air.

https://youtu.be/JEHBtq4xvS4?t=159

The ****ing options in this engine.
  • His Spin Ball has his tails out like in the Classic. Nice touch!

This is the best Tails has ever looked... oh my god.

Holy ****les it's Knuckles.

You can see with Tails & Knuckles that bouncing off enemies isn't tough like it would be in games like SA1 or 2. It's seamless like in the Classics.

• Gliding is smooth.
  • Top speed run animation is from S3K/Chaotix/Mania. Good.
  • He's got Ground Shaker, the move where Knuckles dives into the ground and creates a shockwave. You can burrow with it which also means it's a combo of both Ground Shaker and Drill Claw.
  • He's got the combo from SA2/Sonic Advance games but with an extra finish. Look how it's handled; each punch alone doesn't immediately destroy it, you have to finish the combo, but jumping on it or spinning into it is a one-shot. That's how the other games should have handled it. (Not counting Heroes.) The stun time from each hit allows you to combo into other ****: https://youtu.be/iM6qebS36IU?t=140 God it's ****ing crazy.
  • Climb animation looks good.
  • LOOOK AT THE MOMENTUMMMM: https://youtu.be/iM6qebS36IU?t=211
I can't wait for some level design. We need to see some levels we need to see some more refinements but this engine already looks better than any of the 3D stuff from SEGA. The momentum based mechanics, the movement, the options.

I love how the characters just have their all their **** here, no stupid bull**** like Tails have the stupid Dummy Ring Bomb in '06 but no Tail Swipe, Tails and Knuckles not having a Spin Dash for no reason (SA1), Sonic not having more agility options and having stuff locked behind ******** unlockables (which is inconsistent from game to game, one game he can perform a certain action by default, next game he needs to unlock it for no reason). This Project is the real deal.

I don't normally say this, but... SEGA does need to hire some new blood lol here's your guy. I'm so tired of Sonic Team, man...
Glad to know this impresses you like it does me.

I think Project Hero is made by a team of three or four people, but you're right that this is the kind of new blood they need.

Project Hero had a really neat touch in earlier builds where, if you used the Drop Dash while in free fall, Sonic would throw out his arms before rolling in a shout-out to the Sonic CD opening. It was one of my favourite little things in the old showcase but I'm not sure if it's still present.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think the last episode of Game of Thrones did not go well with fans.

There, I said it. :p
Ok. I admit, I don’t watch the show. But I am always inherently suspicious of a tv show when it’s lauded as a masterpiece for so many years and then the finale comes along and it’s “garbage” from my experience, it usually means that either the show wasn’t very good to begin with, or the dans are mad that the writers didn’t adapt their fanfics to the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom