• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Sci-Fi Movie Villain If I Haven't Seen One - Deoxys (All Forms) Support Thread

PF9

Smash Lord
Deoxys has been a Poke Ball summon for 2 Smash games now. Before that it had a turn as a rather good sci-fi movie villain (alongside Rayquaza) in the 7th Pokemon Movie, Destiny Deoxys. The 386th Pokemon in national Dex order is up there in the greatest sci-fi villains of all time list, alongside such names as Darth Vader, Khan, HAL 9000 (NOT the inspiration for HAL Laboratory's name contrary to popular belief), and even Big Brother from 1984.

As you may know, Deoyxs has multiple forms. And since Smash 4 did away with switching between forms mid-match, if all forms made it into Smash Switch they would all be separate characters. This could mean very unique special movesets for each form.

I'm sure there are other Deoxys supporters out there. I'd love to hear from them.

Last edited:

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
I support only because Deoxys would be a great choice for a pokemon gen that hasn't been represented in Smash. ( aside from pokeballs ) If there was already a gen 3 pokemon in Smash, it would've likely already been Deoxys in Brawl. The main reason I support is because I want to see a pokemon from every gen to correctly represent the series. ( instead of 20 gen 1 pokemon )

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I support only because Deoxys would be a great choice for a pokemon gen that hasn't been represented in Smash. ( aside from pokeballs ) If there was already a gen 3 pokemon in Smash, it would've likely already been Deoxys in Brawl. The main reason I support is because I want to see a pokemon from every gen to correctly represent the series. ( instead of 20 gen 1 pokemon )
Can I just say... your user name, avatar, and signature made me lol... absolutely amazing. love it.

--On topic--

I support Deoxys.

I guess Deoxys would be similar to how Shulk toggles his arts.
I think Deoxys would be sick, go into Defense mode before you eat a final smash.
Attack mode right before you final smash someone...
Speed form to evade that guy with the hammer item.

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking recently about how cool Deoxys could be if it swaps between attack form by smash attacking and defense form by shielding. The idea being that attack form is the form you want to be in and to stay in it you must commit to your offensive approach. I also imagine when Deoxys uses a smash attack it rapidly flails it's tentacles around repeatedly slapping opponents that get caught in it which I think would be fun.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Deoxys would be amazing. It is one of my favorite Gen 3 Pokémon and probably my second favorite psychic type after Orbeetle. The ability to transform between attack, defense, normal, and speed modes would be cool and possibly similar to Shulk’s monado arts but with an easier visual cue.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I thought I already supported this thread. Oh no... There's probably two Deoxys threads like the Battletoads ones. But Deoxys is my 2nd Favorite Pokemon after Mewtwo and his Monado Arts transformations into different attributes would be cool as hell to see into a fighter. I support.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Deoxys is my number one pick for a generation 3 Pokémon rep. I always loved how unique he is compared to the other mythical Pokémon. Deoxys could have such a unique moveset with his changing body and forms. It’s a shame that Gamefreak doesn’t give him enough attention compared to the other Pokémon out there. His own Pokémon movie, “Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys”, is also such a underrated film and it feels like the Pokémon Company are trying to forget the film exists.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Deoxys is my number one pick for a generation 3 Pokémon rep. I always loved how unique he is compared to the other mythical Pokémon. Deoxys could have such a unique moveset with his changing body and forms. It’s a shame that Gamefreak doesn’t give him enough attention compared to the other Pokémon out there. His own Pokémon movie, “Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys”, is also such a underrated film and it feels like the Pokémon Company are trying to forget the film exists.
The Pokemon Company only focuses on the current generation which why I fear we'll never get a Gen 3 rep in Smash. I feel like Gen 3 missed the boat back in Brawl and that ship has sailed. The only way I could see Gen 3 getting a rep is if one of the legendaries from that generation get's another movie and that become really popular. A actual sequel to Destiny Deoxys is a pipedream of mine and the only way I could picture the Pokemon Company choosing him for Smash as they have great control on which Pokemon makes it into the roster.

Top Bottom