• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A roleplay I suppose

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Yeah, so, I guess there is now yet another roleplaying thread. But to be honest I don't have much to do right now so let's get it started. I don't have alot on my mind right now so there might be more to come later. I also actually don't have a definite premise yet, so it'll be weird, I know it'll happen in the real world...

The premise, I suppose it can all begin starting in the real world and weird things has been happening lately for some reasons. Such as weird creatures coming out of nowhere or randomly appearing and disappearing, it's like there's a glitch in the matrix. It's kind of a similar thing with the Smashers. And Michele (that's me!) doesn't really care about that, he's just your average geek 10-year old boy trying to study at the school. But as time passed it continued to get worse and stranger, and it was hard for him to ignore. Even some peoples might be catching on, and it seems as though something big is gonna happen in a while or in the distant future.

For the rules:
1. No godmodding, please- Even my OC has no powers at all, he's just more normal right now. Simple as that.
2. You can use any canon character or OC, I don't mind either way.
3. It is okay to talk OOCly if you want to! Just remember to mark it as (( OOC )) like this. It's even good to suggest a better premise than whatever I came up with!
4. Be polite. Do try to follow the forums guideline.

I guess that's all for now, so if anyone is willing to join in feel free to. Here I go:

====

As mentioned above, these strange events has been occuring more often. It's like something is really going wrong here. Michele is trying to ignore it, but he just can't shake the feeling that it might go bad one day... However, he does not have any time for that, currently he's walking to his school to study a bit and perhaps check out if there's something he can do later on after school. That, or whatever fate or thing gets thrown to him, he will try to handle it if he can. "Geez, what is even going on...?" He says. He is a little deep into thought.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
((I shall participate, but do know that my timing can be awful for reasons out of my control... I shall assume the role of Silas Everglass (Original), an aged, ill-fortuned drifter who meets Michele, and tries to con him (unsuccessfully)... One thought is that they become closely affiliated because of the invasion, and that they function both as important and background characters, simulating the tremendous impact of small details on a large story, and generating a sense of panoramic storytelling, where most notable characters could be said to be the main characters ... However, that is just a thought. Could this work for you?...))

Silas: ... Ah-ah-ah! Wrong hand!

Pedestrian: Aw, man! I thought for sure it was in your left hand!

Silas: Maybe the next game will do you better luck! (Classic game of hiding the ball under a shifting cup)

Pedestrian: Alright, fifty-bucks!... That one!

Silas: (Lifts cup)Whoops!

Pedestrian: Not again!

Silas: Let's play...

Pedestrian: Oh, no! I'm done! Gotta buy lunch!

Silas: Good day then!... Hehehe! (Fingers through money)... (Sees Michele)... Hey there, lad! Do you want to try your luck? Twenty bucks gets you started, and many more can be yours!

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
((That will work for me. Please don't worry too much about the erratic timezone, what matters is that we can have fun. That does sound interesting to think about if you ask me.))

Michele raised his eyebrows. Twenty bucks? Already that is really suspicious, and looks like a scam... "Whatever it is that you have in mind, I'm afraid that I must decline. I ain't got time for fun..." He already doesn't look happy about that, it seems.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
((That will work for me. Please don't worry too much about the erratic timezone, what matters is that we can have fun. That does sound interesting to think about if you ask me.))

Michele raised his eyebrows. Twenty bucks? Already that is really suspicious, and looks like a scam... "Whatever it is that you have in mind, I'm afraid that I must decline. I ain't got time for fun..." He already doesn't look happy about that, it seems.

Silas: Aw, come now... (walks over to Michele)... It works like this... (Throws a ball into the air and 'catches it with his other hand.') Which hand is it in? (The ball disturbs his sleeve ever so slightly).

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Silas: Aw, come now... (walks over to Michele)... It works like this... (Throws a ball into the air and 'catches it with his other hand.') Which hand is it in? (The ball disturbs his sleeve ever so slightly).
That caused Michele to step back cautiously. Even though he was NOT all that interested in said trick, he still decided pay attention anyways. He then pointed at that sleeve, which had been moving. "That sleeve." He wasn't exactly as intelligent as these millionaire peoples, but he wasn't that dumb unlike most kids, either, so he could spot certain details. But, he hoped that it would get Silas to leave him alone, even if just for a moment yet.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
That caused Michele to step back cautiously. Even though he was NOT all that interested in said trick, he still decided pay attention anyways. He then pointed at that sleeve, which had been moving. "That sleeve." He wasn't exactly as intelligent as these millionaire peoples, but he wasn't that dumb unlike most kids, either, so he could spot certain details. But, he hoped that it would get Silas to leave him alone, even if just for a moment yet.
Silas: Umm... How clever... Forty bucks, see? Here. (Whisper) Just don't tell anyone.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Silas: Umm... How clever... Forty bucks, see? Here. (Whisper) Just don't tell anyone.
"Well... That is enough for me I guess, so I'll take that. And sure. As long as you're not trying to scam anyone." Of course, what he said about not reporting him was somewhat a lie... BUT at the same time. 40 bucks? Now that could be worth something...

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
"Well... That is enough for me I guess, so I'll take that. And sure. As long as you're not trying to scam anyone." Of course, what he said about not reporting him was somewhat a lie... BUT at the same time. 40 bucks? Now that could be worth something...
Silas: ... Good day to you (out loud)!

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Silas: ... Good day to you (out loud)!
He grumbles. "Yeah sure good day to you sir..." He rolled his eyes, even if it was polite. Definitely not going to forget this moment. He started to walk away from him. Michele then continued on his road to school; proceeding forward, respecting traffic regulations if possible.

Along the way, on one of the tall building there was a TV, with the news-reporter reporting such similar thing. "This is your newsletter reporting. The same strange phenomenon has happened, this time just located outside of the district. Strange creatures suddenly popped up, then disappeared. What do you think it could be? Scientists are trying to work on it, but so far there hasn't been anything concrete yet. The issue is concerning enough that the Government is thinking of a major assembly to discuss about this."

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
He grumbles. "Yeah sure good day to you sir..." He rolled his eyes, even if it was polite. Definitely not going to forget this moment. He started to walk away from him. Michele then continued on his road to school; proceeding forward, respecting traffic regulations if possible.

Along the way, on one of the tall building there was a TV, with the news-reporter reporting such similar thing. "This is your newsletter reporting. The same strange phenomenon has happened, this time just located outside of the district. Strange creatures suddenly popped up, then disappeared. What do you think it could be? Scientists are trying to work on it, but so far there hasn't been anything concrete yet. The issue is concerning enough that the Government is thinking of a major assembly to discuss about this."
A brief clip shows a prime minister of X.

Prime Minister: ...We are going to... We're going to find out what this thing is, and... and what to do about it...

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
A brief clip shows a prime minister of X.

Prime Minister: ...We are going to... We're going to find out what this thing is, and... and what to do about it...
Several peoples looked at him. Most of them didn't really care about him, to them he was just known as 'that' goofy minister. Not so couragerous. Seen as a coward. But for some who followed him, they were actually worried about the strange events. So they continued to listen. . .

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Several peoples looked at him. Most of them didn't really care about him, to them he was just known as 'that' goofy minister. Not so couragerous. Seen as a coward. But for some who followed him, they were actually worried about the strange events. So they continued to listen. . .

Prime Minister: (To his staff) Will you get the press out of here? This is going down hill, and we don't need another panic. We'll get to the bottom of it all. That's what is important.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Prime Minister: (To his staff) Will you get the press out of here? This is going down hill, and we don't need another panic. We'll get to the bottom of it all. That's what is important.
With that command, the staff decided to intervene, and with that the live ended immediately, shutting off. As he said it was getting awkward so it wasa good that they turned it off.

"And uh... I guess that's all from our Prime Minister. Next up, we have..."

Meanwhile, in the Minister's office, some peoples were collecting up information on the strange events; recording what has happened so far. One of his peoples, the Secretary, went to him, fixing her own glasses and crossing her hands. "So what do you propose to do, Prime Minister? Do you want to send some units in case there might be an invasion?" She asks, then huffed shaking her head. "I can't believe you're actually taking this seriously for once... But I think that's a good thing, in itself."

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
With that command, the staff decided to intervene, and with that the live ended immediately, shutting off. As he said it was getting awkward so it wasa good that they turned it off.

"And uh... I guess that's all from our Prime Minister. Next up, we have..."

Meanwhile, in the Minister's office, some peoples were collecting up information on the strange events; recording what has happened so far. One of his peoples, the Secretary, went to him, fixing her own glasses and crossing her hands. "So what do you propose to do, Prime Minister? Do you want to send some units in case there might be an invasion?" She asks, then huffed shaking her head. "I can't believe you're actually taking this seriously for once... But I think that's a good thing, in itself."
Prime Minister: Intelligence enough has not been gathered yet. It could be a hoax. We're waiting for now. Besides, those idiots in the Intermediary (fictional body) get in the way of everything. I am going to wait for them to reach some kind of agreement. What else can I do? (Buries his forehead in his palms).

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Prime Minister: Intelligence enough has not been gathered yet. It could be a hoax. We're waiting for now. Besides, those idiots in the Intermediary (fictional body) get in the way of everything. I am going to wait for them to reach some kind of agreement. What else can I do? (Buries his forehead in his palms).
The secretary looks worried now. She did see him distressed, but it wasn't often that this happened, and even now, he did look more distressed than usual. She sighed, and put a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sure it will be fine. If not, then we will at least fight with whatever we can do, then. Worst comes to worst, we might have to counter attack even if it means disobeying the usual orders. If you get an update, you have to tell me, okay? This sort of situation hasn't happened in a long time and we might need as much trust as we can."

It wasn't the most comforting monologue that she could do, but, she was trying to cheer up the minister at least.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
The secretary looks worried now. She did see him distressed, but it wasn't often that this happened, and even now, he did look more distressed than usual. She sighed, and put a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sure it will be fine. If not, then we will at least fight with whatever we can do, then. Worst comes to worst, we might have to counter attack even if it means disobeying the usual orders. If you get an update, you have to tell me, okay? This sort of situation hasn't happened in a long time and we might need as much trust as we can."

It wasn't the most comforting monologue that she could do, but, she was trying to cheer up the minister at least.

Prime Minister: (Looks up. He then rises and walks to the window)... If it comes down to some kind of war... (slowly shakes his head).

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Prime Minister: (Looks up. He then rises and walks to the window)... If it comes down to some kind of war... (slowly shakes his head).
"The situation between the past and the present is different. We have more allies now. I do agree with you, but we shall not let another life be lost just because of the invasion..." Her phone rings for a moment, and she picks up.

"Yes... This is Mia speaking..." This secretary, known as Mia now, replied. "Yes... More of them have been appearing... we already know this... Huh? Why?" She might not be prepared for the next words of the speaker talking to her.

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
"The situation between the past and the present is different. We have more allies now. I do agree with you, but we shall not let another life be lost just because of the invasion..." Her phone rings for a moment, and she picks up.

"Yes... This is Mia speaking..." This secretary, known as Mia now, replied. "Yes... More of them have been appearing... we already know this... Huh? Why?" She might not be prepared for the next words of the speaker talking to her.
Emergency Informant: The train loaded with fig pastries was attacked! We'll starve!

((I joke. That never happened. Which of us is playing the speaker, and who is speaking?))

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Emergency Informant: The train loaded with fig pastries was attacked! We'll starve!

((I joke. That never happened. Which of us is playing the speaker, and who is speaking?))
":.....That's seriously it?" Mia comments, with an eyeroll.

((Playing back the joke. I know, it never happened. Well, I'll probably be the speaker (speaking to the one on phone), preferably. Unless you prefer me to be the one speaking to Mia through phone. Either way, I'm thinking an attempted invasion.))

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
":.....That's seriously it?" Mia comments, with an eyeroll.

((Playing back the joke. I know, it never happened. Well, I'll probably be the speaker (speaking to the one on phone), preferably. Unless you prefer me to be the one speaking to Mia through phone. Either way, I'm thinking an attempted invasion.))
Prime Minister (Albert Douglas): What is it? (Baffled)

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Prime Minister (Albert Douglas): What is it? (Baffled)
Mia shushed the minister for a moment.

"I didn't follow... So, why do you want soldiers?" Mia asked confusedly, but the person talked in a scared voice.

"These weird things appeared again! This time, they started attacking us! We're fending off as it is right now, but they look to be durable like robots! And, for some reason, they look more intelligent than I thought. They seem to be attacking us at critical points!! I don't know, but many more are coming...!"

"What?!" Mia then turns to the minister. "Minister, there's a problem! Some peoples are being attacked in the western part of the district! We have to send our troops there!"

((On second thought... Well, what if for the invasion it started happening at a school? Wait, that probably doesn't make sense...))

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace

"I didn't follow... So, why do you want soldiers?" Mia asked confusedly, but the person talked in a scared voice.

"These weird things appeared again! This time, they started attacking us! We're fending off as it is right now, but they look to be durable like robots!"

"What?!" Mia then turns to the minister. "Minister, there's a problem! Some peoples are being attacked in the western part of the district! We have to send our troops there!"

((On second thought... Well, what if for the invasion it started happening at a school? Wait, that probably doesn't make sense...))
((It does not have to make much sense. We do, after all, have to simplify bureaucratic structures for entertainment, even when it does not make sense... but perhaps rather than a school, the beings have a sufficiently advanced intellect that they gathered information before attacking, and that they move more strategically... say, to cut off the roads to the capital.))

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
((It does not have to make much sense. We do, after all, have to simplify bureaucratic structures for entertainment, even when it does not make sense... but perhaps rather than a school, the beings have a sufficiently advanced intellect that they gathered information before attacking, and that they move more strategically... say, to cut off the roads to the capital.))

((That will work. I'll edit my previous reply a bit to add the intelligence part in.))

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace

"These weird things appeared again! This time, they started attacking us! We're fending off as it is right now, but they look to be durable like robots! And, for some reason, they look more intelligent than I thought. They seem to be attacking us at critical points!! I don't know, but many more are coming...!"

General Burke leads forces to the Gold Road fork, where his forces are late to be augmented by those under General Law.

((I think it will be much more entertaining if we find ways of progressing the story slowly, and with plenty of details instead of hurrying, creating a life-like scene. It is easier said than done, but I have yet to see that approach. What do you think? ))

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace

General Burke leads forces to the Gold Road fork, where his forces are late to be augmented by those under General Law.

((I think it will be much more entertaining if we find ways of progressing the story slowly, and with plenty of details instead of hurrying, creating a life-like scene. It is easier said than don What do you think? ))

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796

((I think it will be much more entertaining if we find ways of progressing the story slowly, and with plenty of details instead of hurrying, creating a life-like scene. It is easier said than done, but I have yet to see that approach. What do you think? ))
((Oki, I think I can try to do that. I know the gist of the roleplaying but don't have too much experience, however I'll do my best on this one.))

The forces are now hearing General Law's message. "Soldiers! You know what is going on. The strange creatures have begun to pop up all of a sudden, even going as far as to try to attack us! We will defend our district, even if it means we have to give our life on this!" His voice was booming in order to raise morale.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
((Oki, I think I can try to do that. I know the gist of the roleplaying but don't have too much experience, however I'll do my best on this one.))

The forces are now hearing General Law's message. "Soldiers! You know what is going on. The strange creatures have begun to pop up all of a sudden, even going as far as to try to attack us! We will defend our district, even if it means we have to give our life on this!" His voice was booming in order to raise morale.
((There is no one way to do it. I just wondered how a roleplay would fare on a slower rate. It can always revert back to the other style, and I am not exactly well-seasoned either.))

The message, having been relayed, creates a stir, as the soldiers are not totally briefed.

Soldier 1: ... I dunno how It'll be. We weren't prepared for this...

Soldier 2: Perk up, Percy! (Sings a rock favorite, and is joined by a small group...)

Meanwhile, an infiltrator remains quiet as he listens... ((I am gone for now))

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
(( Michele Michele I did not mean to stop your roleplay. I just have to delay frequently. Anyway, I suppose it would help to have some sort of roadmap for the way ahead. The above was posted because I 'drew a blank.' ))

Top Bottom