• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media A Reaction Thread

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Banjo-Kazooie's reveal is a very special kind of reveal for Smash; the kind of reveal that got people to rip their shirts off, scream their heads off, break chairs, and get up and JUMP for joy!

I'm sure more than a handful of us recorded our reactions to the big day; so I figured why not have a thread to put them all in so this unfettered joy we all felt can be forever immortalized

Here's mine:

Feel free to add your own, or even other peoples! Let's make this a thread of pure excitement!

E.Sage

Smash Rookie
I'm really excited, but don't feel the need to scream and shout or jump around whilst recording myself for everyone to see. Iunno, maybe I'm just becoming a sour old fart.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I've been loving the reaction videos. Though, I tend to avoid the ones where they're breaking chairs/ripping off their shirts--doesn't feel genuine. I didn't react because a) I never record myself b) was watching with my friend squeezing my arm. Here are some of my favorites.

• I was most anticipating Vinesauce's--all those years of psyching us out with Banjo music and it has come full circle. His voice cracking when he sees the jiggy gives me (good) chills.
  • JustJesss has mentioned Banjo a few times in her reactions, and I think even wore a Banjo/Duck Hunt shirt during a video (EDIT: She did)--how apt that shirt would have been. I wholeheartedly agree with her, "Bye Summer, I don't care about you any more, I'm going to Fall. See ya later."
  • Andre the "Black Nerd" was at the Smash Invitational 2018, and I feel like he had one of the most loudest, but genuine, reactions.
  • Finally, the Smash pro himself and one of the big champions of Banjo & Kazooie after his King K Rool got in, Nairo finally got to see the bear and bird come to Smash (recorded with a potato). I loved it every time in the past when he brought up Banjo, he live streamed himself playing Kazooie and Tooie. He seems to be quite lucky with his picks coming to Smash.
  • There were many other reactions that I personally enjoyed, some I did not expect. I enjoyed GameGrump's Ross' and Barry's enthusiastic reactions (post-Direct talk for Barry), HMK's heartfelt reaction, as well as ZeRo's (and he's now playing Banjo Kazooie for the first time since he was a kid! And is terrible at it! I love it!).

So lucky Banjo's reveal lined up with E3--every one was reacting to the E3 Direct.

And I just stumbled across this gem today. I don't know of him, but apparently he is a Melee player who doesn't like 4 or Ultimate, but said he'd play Ultimate if Banjo ever got in.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I did not record my reaction but I pretty much jumped out of my seat during the reveal and was as giddy as a bear playing the banjo.

Top Bottom