• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Newly Discovered Corrin Tech (Needs Name)

-Arc-

Smash Rookie
Hey all! Your fellow Corrin, Arc here.

Recently, there has been a new tech discovered by a Japanese player that has yet to be discussed. I'll start by posting the original twitter video that showcases it, as well as a small clip of me performing this.

Origination Video: https://twitter.com/Taaakq/status/824601981381533696

My video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AlcjR56-wk

I don't know what to call this, but I'll try to explain what's going on in both videos.

This can be performed a few ways, but all players interested in learning this new tech should start with the Nair version. Here's what you do: Perform a full hop Nair, and as soon as you can act out of it, do a double jump to pin. The timing is very strict, and the pin must be done within a couple frames of the double jump. As you land, right before you touch the ground, if done correctly, you should be able to jump once again and act out of it with any option, INCLUDING another Dragon Lunge.

This is the easiest way to perform this, however, it can also be performed out of a short hop > double jump > pin as seen here: https://twitter.com/Taaakq/status/824594385572556802

I have also been able to do this out of a fair, but the timing and height of jumps is VERY strict. the Nair version can also be performed from a ledge jump.

I could go on about this forever, but I'll let you all be the judge. I hope this sparks a discussing amongst all Corrin players and we can find some amazing applications for this rare, new Corrin tech! I will be getting footage this week and making a video on this for all who are interested.

Thoughts? Questions? Post below! Also, if there are any ideas for a name we could really use one. I keep referring to it as "The New Corrin Tech".

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Gonna post a quote of Foxy's from the Q&A thread in response to me posting about it in there, so what he said isn't eventually completely lost:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive said:
This particular set up, with the FH buffered Nair, buffered DJ, immediate Side-special, actually gives you a two frame window to input the Side-special. You can input it on frames 2 and 3 of the DJ and still get a buffered triple jump to come out, which makes it that much more possible to do this consistently compared to Link's bomb pull set up and the others that I've found since then.

As a side note for myself, what I found particularly interesting about this triple jump is that it doesn't use the FAF of the special move (42), but rather it lets you recover your DJ on frame 56 of the Side-special animation. This opens up a whole bunch of possibilities for triple jumping with other specials.
He calls it a "Triple Jump", although I don't know if that's in established name for it (it was found before for Link) or just the name he came up with for it.

DMan64

Smash Cadet
Keeping with the Dragon theme, I'd call it the Dragon Boost. Any ways, in terms of application I personally don't think it would be incredibly useful, unless you were on a more flat stage like FD or Smashville. It could be used as a mix up of sorts, but faster characters could easily punish, and it only seems effective if your opponent is falling to the ground nearby, since you could jump away if they attempt to punish. I can't say for sure, but until it shows any usefulness in a match in tournament, I would keep it in mind, but not use it. You never know though, it could end up being a game changer.

iiJjRr

Smash Apprentice
This looks like the technique from Brawl "Second Jump Renewal"

Lets call it Dragon Lunge Second Jump Renewal (DLSJR).

Last edited:
Top Bottom