• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new way to laser lock.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
( I'M SORRY ABOUT THIS, I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS GUIDE IS USELESS, BUT THIS IS MY FIRST TIME POSTING TO THIS SITE, AND I'M SORRY IF YOU GUYS JUDGE ME AND THINK I'M A NOOB BECAUSE OF THIS, I WAS TOO ENTHUSIASTIC WHEN I MADE THIS. Next time I post something, I'll make sure I'm smarter about it. )

I figured many months ago that you Dthrow, dthrow, dthrow, dthrow, fastfall dair was a laser lock set up, after I pulled it off on a Wario. So I decided to make a list of which characters it works on and at what percent to FF dair laserlock can be done and/or how many chain grabs you need to pull it off. ( If you see that there is an error or another character that this is possible with under different circumstances, please feel free to let me know! )

Bowser - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 42 percent and greater.

Donkey Kong - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 41 percent and greater.

Diddy Kong - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 35 percent and greater.

Yoshi - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 39 percent and greater.

Wario - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 39 percent and greater.

Link - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 38 percent and greater.

Zelda - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. ( Difficult to pull off since walking grab needs to be buffered. ) Works at 33 percent and greater.

Sheik - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 33 percent and greater.

Ganondorf - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 39 percent and greater.

Toon Link - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 35 percent and greater.

Samus - It's impossible to pull it off with CG. Works at 39 percent and greater.

Pit - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 36 percent and greater.

R.O.B - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. ( Difficult to pull off since walking grab needs to be buffered. ) Works at 39 percent and greater.

Kirby - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. ( Difficult to pull off since dash grab needs to be buffered. ) Works at 32 percent and greater.

Meta Knight - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 32 percent and greater.

King Dedede - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 40 percent and greater.

Olimar - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. ( Take note that first re-grab MUST be walking. ) Works at 33 percent and greater.

Fox - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 32 percent and greater.

Falco - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 33 percent and greater.

Wolf - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 38 percent and greater.

Captain Falcon - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 38 percent and greater.

Pikachu - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. ( Take note that the Chaingrab must be walking or it will not work. ) Works at 32 percent and greater.

Squirtle - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 31 percent and greater.

Ivysaur - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 37 percent and greater.

Charizard - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 39 percent and greater.

Lucario - ( Impossible to do by CG ) Works at 37 percent and greater.

Jigglypuff - ( Impossible to do by CG, but possible set ups are Dthrow, Dthrow , Dair, Dair, to laser lock or Dthrow, dthrow, Dash attack, dair. Also take note, re-grab must be walking. ) Works at 29 percent and greater.

Marth - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. ( You must buffer pivot boost or buffer dash, whichever is easier for you ) Works at 34 percent and greater.

Ike - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 38 percent and greater.

Ness - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 36 percent and greater.

Lucas - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 36 percent and greater.

Mr. Game and Watch - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. ( Must buffer dash grab ) Works at 31
percent and greater.

Snake - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 40 percent and greater.

Sonic - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 36 percent and greater. ( Take note that the laser will only lock once.. you can follow up with literally any move except standing laser )

Zero Suit Samus - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 30 percent and greater. ( Take note that the laser will only lock once.. you can follow up with literally any move except standing laser )

Well, I hope you guys find this useful! It could be used for mindgames and I'm not sure if it's possible to escape from, but oh well. Let me know if this is a good guide and please don't be so harsh, this is my first guide I've ever made hehe... and also, if it is a good guide and worth looking at, ask a mod if they could sticky it so everyone can see this. :D Don't forget to tell me of any errors that I can fix. :)

ALSO, MARIO, PEACH, AND LUIGI CANNOT BE LASER LOCKED! ..

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Before I comment on anything, did you make sure that all characters were using their fastest escape option? For example, I know for a fact that you cannot FF dair Marth or Mario or anybody with first frame invincibility, unless you do a rising SH dair. And I know for a fact that when you do a rising SH dair, (first off they can tech to avoid any sort of laser lock setup) but more importantly, even if you FF asap, they can still roll away, because ground laser comes out too slowly.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I think you need to test more thoroughly before just making a thread.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Before I comment on anything, did you make sure that all characters were using their fastest escape option? For example, I know for a fact that you cannot FF dair Marth or Mario or anybody with first frame invincibility, unless you do a rising SH dair. And I know for a fact that when you do a rising SH dair, (first off they can tech to avoid any sort of laser lock setup) but more importantly, even if you FF asap, they can still roll away, because ground laser comes out too slowly.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I think you need to test more thoroughly before just making a thread.
Seconded everything in this post.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
Opponent can either tech or roll away before laser comes out, so this is useless.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
dthrow > dair > fastfall laserlock only works if they miss their tech. Also, using standing laser is asking to get punished if they DO tech. It is a good mixup to pull off on lesser skilled players, though.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Lol a new way to troll scrubs at the least.

Or just not use Falco.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Oh geez.. suddenly feel like a scrub. :l Sorry guys.... I guess I don't know what Im saying at all.
Hahaha it's just that it's not guarenteed, that's all. If you can pull it off on someone that will fall for it...good for you.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but unfortunately it's not legit... so I feel like posted meaninglessly. I'm extremely flashy and just wanted to show people when this could be done and how.. I guess most people would DI, but if you wanted to pull off a sexy combo in friendlies, this could be a suggestion, but nothing for players that are smart.

I'm sorry to all the people who had to see this. :/

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
imo landing this laserlock is about as likely as landing a dthrow jab-cancel laserlock. It happens on occasion, about 30% of the time if youre looking for a hard read. (The person getting daired and put into a tumble COULD lay there anticipating Falco's next action.) Also, ive found that the dthrow > dair fastfall is just a good way to set it up, i have mindgamed my opponents by approaching with shl > dair fastfall behind them > laserlock them across the entire stage ;) Just realize this isnt at all conventional, but is good to pull out if youre styling on somebody and you can afford getting punished for it :awesome:

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I came here expecting the Smash Ville thread.

I read about a Wario that has bad reaction time.

The Q&A thread is there for a reason!

Bowser - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 42 percent and greater.

Donkey Kong - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 41 percent and greater.

Diddy Kong - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 35 percent and greater.

Yoshi - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 39 percent and greater.

Wario - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 39 percent and greater.

Link - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 38 percent and greater.

Zelda - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. ( Difficult to pull off since walking grab needs to be buffered. ) Works at 33 percent and greater.

Sheik - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 33 percent and greater.

Ganondorf - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 39 percent and greater.

Toon Link - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 35 percent and greater.

Samus - It's impossible to pull it off with CG. Works at 39 percent and greater.

Pit - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 36 percent and greater.

R.O.B - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. ( Difficult to pull off since walking grab needs to be buffered. ) Works at 39 percent and greater.

Kirby - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. ( Difficult to pull off since dash grab needs to be buffered. ) Works at 32 percent and greater.

Meta Knight - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 32 percent and greater.

King Dedede - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 40 percent and greater.

Olimar - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. ( Take note that first re-grab MUST be walking. ) Works at 33 percent and greater.

Fox - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 32 percent and greater.

Falco - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 33 percent and greater.

Wolf - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 38 percent and greater.

Captain Falcon - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 38 percent and greater.

Pikachu - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. ( Take note that the Chaingrab must be walking or it will not work. ) Works at 32 percent and greater.

Squirtle - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 31 percent and greater.

Ivysaur - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 37 percent and greater.

Charizard - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 39 percent and greater.

Lucario - ( Impossible to do by CG ) Works at 37 percent and greater.

Jigglypuff - ( Impossible to do by CG, but possible set ups are Dthrow, Dthrow , Dair, Dair, to laser lock or Dthrow, dthrow, Dash attack, dair. Also take note, re-grab must be walking. ) Works at 29 percent and greater.

Marth - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. ( You must buffer pivot boost or buffer dash, whichever is easier for you ) Works at 34 percent and greater.

Ike - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 38 percent and greater.

Ness - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 36 percent and greater.

Lucas - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 36 percent and greater.

Mr. Game and Watch - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. ( Must buffer dash grab ) Works at 31
percent and greater.

Snake - 5 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 40 percent and greater.

Sonic - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 36 percent and greater. ( Take note that the laser will only lock once.. you can follow up with literally any move except standing laser )

Zero Suit Samus - 4 Dthrows -> FF Dair. Works at 30 percent and greater. ( Take note that the laser will only lock once.. you can follow up with literally any move except standing laser )

Well, I hope you guys find this useful! It could be used for mindgames and I'm not sure if it's possible to escape from, but oh well. Let me know if this is a good guide and please don't be so harsh, this is my first guide I've ever made hehe... and also, if it is a good guide and worth looking at, ask a mod if they could sticky it so everyone can see this. :D Don't forget to tell me of any errors that I can fix.

ALSO, MARIO, PEACH, AND LUIGI CANNOT BE LASER LOCKED! ..

Olimar can be walking CG's from 0%, no higher.
Rest must be boost grabbed.

Marth must be Buffer Dash for the first three, and Boost Grab for the next 3.

GaW can be walking, if he escapes, you're bad at the CG.

*Zss, Mario, Luigi and Peach can't be laser locked.
Mario can be locked 1-2 times, same as the others.
Pikachu has the same as Mario.

Seriously, ask in the Q&A thread, read my CG Guide.

Don't go around posting threads like this, especially if they can tech it.
Or roll away before we can laser.

You didn't even list the Maximums, 42 or greater can mean anything.
Once D-Throw puts them into tumble, no follow up will work at all.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
And yeah Dark Falco, that's true. But, it only works on decent/bad players so.. I don't think it was that worth it to post a guide about this.

Nyosuke

Smash Rookie
On Snake: Chain Grab (to 53%) > Dair (66%) > Double Jab (72%) > Double Jab (78%) > Ftilt (88%) > Laser Lock! You can also follow the laser lock with a Dacus afterwards if you don't make Snake fall off the ledge, and depending on the distance between you and Snake when the Laser Lock is done.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
On Snake: Chain Grab (to 53%) > Dair (66%) > Double Jab (72%) > Double Jab (78%) > Ftilt (88%) > Laser Lock! You can also follow the laser lock with a Dacus afterwards if you don't make Snake fall off the ledge, and depending on the distance between you and Snake when the Laser Lock is done.
I suppose this works on level 1 cpus.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I don't think the majority of top players in socal consistently tech falcos dair.

Also if you start forcing your opponents to tech the dair you get relatively easy to react F smashes on follow ups.

This is actually a good reason why I don't tech the dair is because you just time the get up with falcos F smash (if he does ) or do a mix up and try to avoid being read (if he doesn't).

Techs are slow and you should always be hitting someone if they tech the dair.

That being said I wouldn't ever try doing this on characters who could escape the dair.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
I understand this is Useless, I was too enthusiastic and did not think ahead. I promise all of my next posts will contribute to the Falco boards and I'm sorry that your first thoughts about me was that I'm a scrub, Next time, Will definitely be better.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
I don't think the majority of top players in socal consistently tech falcos dair.

Also if you start forcing your opponents to tech the dair you get relatively easy to react F smashes on follow ups.

This is actually a good reason why I don't tech the dair is because you just time the get up with falcos F smash (if he does ) or do a mix up and try to avoid being read (if he doesn't).

Techs are slow and you should always be hitting someone if they tech the dair.

That being said I wouldn't ever try doing this on characters who could escape the dair.
A player can tech roll away and avoid the fsmash.

Top Bottom