• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new way to Free-Pull manually.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This is one of Peach best advance techs when used well. Problem is. It is hard to pull off. So while being bored and usally being a Peach nerd studying on frames, techs, match ups etc. I went to training mode and wanted to practice doing this constantly.

I was trying to figure out a way I can do this easier. The way I discovered on doing this was that you had to tap slight move the stick in a critical angle of down left/right. Now that can be ready hard of you have to do it quicky, and in most cases, you would get a Peach Bomber. I remember while first trying this manually that I actually did the free pull without using this method I discovered. So I wanted to know how the hell I did that. So I decided to leet at the frame data on her free pull.

Free-pull
Frame Window: frames 2-11 of her turn around animation

Looking at the I noticed that I do NOT have to tilt the stick at a critical angle. The reason this works is cause you are turning around and getting a turnip almost at the same time. You have 9 frames to get a turnip and move back/foward. I have more time then I thought. So if you do it with the method I told you about. You pretty get the free pull at the quickest frames possible. This is why having the stick to special makes it easier to do this. all you have to do is hold the stick foward and hit down on the C stick. Peach turns around and then gets a turnip. and you still have enough time to move back/foward.

To prove this better, you can go to training mode and set the C stick to special and put the speed on slow. I want you to turn around and have move move a lil. like if you wanna walk. then the second you see her walk, hit the C stick down and move the control stick at any direction you want. If you do this right, you will still get the free pull even through peach walked a few inches cause you still had enough frames to slide.

Now with this said the easier way to do this is to slightly tap the stick back. Once you do this, just get a turnip and move in the direction you want. You have to get your thumb used to slighty flick the stick. Then right away input a turnip pull and move the stick in the direction you please. Treat this as the same method as if you was to Fair from the stage and get the max distance from it and you would auto cancel the fair to w/e you want. You would have to tilt the stick slight back then quickly jump to a fair on stage.

Here is the command to do this assuming peach is looking to the left:

Slighty
+
+
OR

You might be able to slight tilt the stick the move the stick in a half circle motion to get the move. But You might mess up the timing of the turnip input and could get a Peach bomber. But if you are solid with that input, then yes, you can do it that way. other wise, just move the stick slight, put it back to the nutrual position, input the turnip and slide back.

Top Bottom