• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New "Warriors" Title - Creation Thread!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
One series that's become quite popular in recent years, mostly due to its large amount of crossovers with different IPs, would be the Warriors series!

Having crossed over with IPs as diverse as Gundam, The Legend of Zelda, One Piece, Fire Emblem and Persona 5, it seems like this series could cross over with any series next... and the next game (at least hypothetically) is up to you! That's right - the idea behind this thread is that the people of Smashboards have been given the opportunity to collab with literally any company (even if they're not so willing in real life) to create the next game in the Warriors series! Of course, we have to start somewhere - thus begins Job #1:

Submit a Series/IP that this Warriors game will be based on!

Ideally, I'd suggest that a game series of some description would be a good idea - but feel free to go wild, as basically any suggestions can go into the pot somehow or other! After all, Warriors is well-known for more unusual crossovers... so feel free to go wild.

If possible - try and add an explaination as to why you think this specific series would be your personal choice... and I wish you all the best of luck, and most of all - have fun!

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
pmwiki.png

Pokemon

The most obvious pick for a warriors crossover, Pokemon is ab extremely popular franchise that seriously lacks in real time action games. And out of all the series to cross over Dynasty Warriors is possibly the best pick ever, I ever have some pointers:

1. Pokemon prides itself on experimentation with the various elemental systems, something Dynasty Warrior never had done before. And so would bring an entra layer of strategy to the game.
  2. Each Pokemon is uniquely designed and us there own abilities to stand out from similar relatives, Garchomp and Tyranitar for example are quite similar concept wise for example but Garchomp has the abilty to dig to contrast the brute strength of Tyranitar.
  3. If we go down the Empires subseiries where you also have base and nation management systems Pokemon also has the Pokemon Conquest crossover which shares similar characters.
  4. Lastly there is a lot of ways to shape this universe, you could have the Dynasty Warriors characters become trainers, have the established gym leaders have new reincarnations, tell the story of the Kalos War Gen 6 implied, or make it Mystery Dungeon styled with a world only inhabited by Pokemon (the humans warred themselves to extinction)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don't know anything about the Warriors series, but I'll try

Arcade Warriors

A multi-company crossover of 70s and 80s arcade game heroes from the pre-Famicom era. No 90s stuff (sorry Scorpion) but console games are elegible. (you're welcome Pitfall Harry) Arcade Warriors would feature a mix of silly and badass heroes, villains, and usually disposable enemies mowing down... let's say glitches for now. The flashy effects and space age aesthetic of the 70s arcade would shine bright, and we may even be able to slide in some references to later apperances of these characters

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
1634512866936.png

I propose the Sonic series to get the Warriors crossover for multiple reasons
  1. The Sonic Series has so many iconic yet not used much characters, this could be a great time to bring a lot of them back (imagine playing Tails Doll again, or Sticks The Badger or Storm The Albatross and the list goes on and on). Sonic has too many characters to use them all, but if we're making a specific cross-over Sonic game filled to the brim with characters this could be a great time to bring these characters back for another game.
  2. To my knowledge the Warriors games are fast and flashy and I don't think I need to explain why Sonic would be a good fit for this.
  3. It has many great locations, probably too many great locations
I don't know how to end this, I just think Sonic would be really great for a Warriors game.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Okay this is probably gonna come across as incredibly cheap of me but I kinda wanna submit something as well given that a lot of thread creators do too - though the jobs will be going to a vote, so it shouldn't be biased :D

Mega Man (Classic Series) - Super Fighting Warriors!

1634513382976.png

Being completely comprised of various characters and enemies from across the classic Mega Man series as a whole - as well as having a unique long-range style not usually seen in the Warriors series, as well as lots of notable characters and "cannon fodder" alike for you to chew up with a variety of unique and interesting characters, the idea behind this would be a sort of remix on the Warriors formula as a whole, whilst also keeping it nice and recognisable to the series' roots.

In terms of notable characters - there's a lot of them, and with a lot of different abilities. Aside from your main characters, there's also an extensive list of Robot Masters (the various bosses from the series as a whole) that could work well as playable fighters - not to mention minor characters such as Duo, the Mega Man Killers and such.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Okay this is probably gonna come across as incredibly cheap of me but I kinda wanna submit something as well given that a lot of thread creators do too - though the jobs will be going to a vote, so it shouldn't be biased :D

Mega Man (Classic Series) - Super Fighting Warriors!

View attachment 334630

Being completely comprised of various characters and enemies from across the classic Mega Man series as a whole - as well as having a unique long-range style not usually seen in the Warriors series, as well as lots of notable characters and "cannon fodder" alike for you to chew up with a variety of unique and interesting characters, the idea behind this would be a sort of remix on the Warriors formula as a whole, whilst also keeping it nice and recognisable to the series' roots.

In terms of notable characters - there's a lot of them, and with a lot of different abilities. Aside from your main characters, there's also an extensive list of Robot Masters (the various bosses from the series as a whole) that could work well as playable fighters - not to mention minor characters such as Duo, the Mega Man Killers and such.
Why limit it to just the Classic games when something like Hyrule Warriors brings in characters from all corners of the series?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Why limit it to just the Classic games when something like Hyrule Warriors brings in characters from all corners of the series?
Whilst I can imagine certain characters from later games getting in, the issue with Mega Man is that if you included characters from across the series, you end up with 5 Mega Men and 2 Zeroes - and whilst they do all play differently of course, I'd say it would wind up like the Eyes of Heaven situation where people rip on there being like, 5 different versions of DIO despite only three of them actually being unique.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Whilst I can imagine certain characters from later games getting in, the issue with Mega Man is that if you included characters from across the series, you end up with 5 Mega Men and 2 Zeroes - and whilst they do all play differently of course, I'd say it would wind up like the Eyes of Heaven situation where people rip on there being like, 5 different versions of DIO despite only three of them actually being unique.
I don’t see it being that big of an issue-Smash has three Links, and it’s never been much of an issue. However, I could understand wanting to focus on just one sub-series in order to get as in-depth as possible or to avoid telling a “wow, you’re mega man too?!” kind of story.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Donkey Kong Country Warriors
1280x720.jpg

I think this would be interesting to play as, you could have the Kongs themselves as well Kremlings and others as playable characters. Plus, it would be awesome to go literally bananas and beat everything up. That would be a sight to see.

I can imagine Donkey Kong banana slamming his way through a army of Kremlings or Snowmads.
(Two possible guest characters could be Conker the Squirrel and Banjo with Kazooie, both made by Rare who developed Donkey Kong Country)

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Mortal Kombat Warriors
8EAA025A-9E8B-40FF-A1A7-D19377D26D5B.png

Mortal Kombat would be perfect for a Warriors game. The series has had a total of 77 different fighters throughout the series that could be used, from the original and new timeline. Mortal Kombat is a fighting game, many different warriors come from all over the realms to fight one another. The fighters are known for the fast, unique, and gory attacks, especially with brutalities and fatalities.
8DF9DE5D-FD51-4B58-B45E-4244E94A4EF1.jpeg

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Get ready to match three, move blocks, answer riddles and more, with…
PUZZLE WARRIORS!

Pulling from all kinds of puzzle game series, Puzzle Warriors will feature characters like the Tetriminos, Dr. Mario, Ware Wario, Tiffy of Candy Crush, Om Nom, Lip, Arle, American Robotnik, the 2048 cubes, Professor Layton, and so many more! We’d definitely have to think outside the box for movesets, enemies, and plot, but it could be a really fun experience to make! Think of it like puzzle Smash Bro, but focusing on a completely unfitting yet fun and exciting genre.

D

Deleted member

Final Fantasy Warriors

Kind of a no brainer. 15 (plus a whole cluster of sequels and spin offs) games to pull from, with many characters who are just begging to be put in a game like this. There's potential to get really creative with the roster.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I think we should start voting or something, I dont know if that is too soon or something

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Mushroom Kingdom Warriors

There is so much potential here. Mario is a very influential series that saved the crash of video games with Mario is deemed as Mr. Video Game himself. There is a ton to work with, and there could be many possible deep cuts. (There could also be characters from sub-series, like Donkey Kong, Mario RPGs, Yoshi, and Wario) All in all, vote Super Smash Warriors in number one, vote Mario in number 2, and vote your own submission in number 3. (This is a joke, you don't have to vote the submissions in that order)

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I think we should start voting or something, I dont know if that is too soon or something
My own plan is to keep this submission phase open until tomorrow morning, when I'll post a form thing allowing everyone to vote. The reasonings are mostly because, firstly, I don't want people to miss out and secondly, it's like 1:30am for me and I have college tomorrow morning, so I'll be able to post tomorrow morning :D

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Ooops kinda late lol

Anyways, poll's closed! The final result was actually a bit of a surprise to me, but well, that also means we've got our first job completed - the franchise that this Warriors game will be in is...

Sonic the Warriors!

(feel free to submit a better name at any time, don't sweat it.)

1634579452650.png

Here's the poll itself, for anyone who's interested!

So... that now leads to a question. I think we can all unanimously agree who the first fighter should be is - Sonic, of course - but that leads us to a cool point in this game -

Job #2 - Submit an idea of how many characters should be playable.

For this, I'd absolutely love to see your ideas and explainations - we might not put it to a poll, but we sort of do need to decide this. Don't forget - the Warriors series is well known for the creation of OCs such as Linkle and SOPHIA, so be sure to leave a little wiggle room for these characters if you can. That aside, though - go wild!

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #2: 48 Characters

I'll start off saying I don't know much about the genre, so I just looked up how many characters were in Dynasty Warriors 9 and found 90 playable characters (obviously too much, so I divided it in half and added 3 because 45 to me is a weird number), so that's how I got 48. I think this is a great number to get the mainstays like Sonic and Eggman while giving big wiggle room for obscure and less used characters (like Tails Doll) and for the OCs (like Sonics Dakimakura).

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Ooops kinda late lol

Anyways, poll's closed! The final result was actually a bit of a surprise to me, but well, that also means we've got our first job completed - the franchise that this Warriors game will be in is...

Sonic the Warriors!

(feel free to submit a better name at any time, don't sweat it.)

View attachment 334709
Here's the poll itself, for anyone who's interested!

So... that now leads to a question. I think we can all unanimously agree who the first fighter should be is - Sonic, of course - but that leads us to a cool point in this game -

Job #2 - Submit an idea of how many characters should be playable.

For this, I'd absolutely love to see your ideas and explainations - we might not put it to a poll, but we sort of do need to decide this. Don't forget - the Warriors series is well known for the creation of OCs such as Linkle and SOPHIA, so be sure to leave a little wiggle room for these characters if you can. That aside, though - go wild!
Did not expect this series to win, but Sonic is a good choice as well, it is a series known for great speed and power going hand in hand, which fits the gameplay of warriors. I don't know the exact number of characters but what I do know is that we should take this opportunity to take characters from across the many continuities of Sonic, including the many comics, tv shows, and yes video games, with a plot revolving around something about the Phantom Ruby to continue that arc. This could be Nitro Fueled of Sonic where we get a lot of deep cuts as playable characters.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Well then, 48 sounds good! (If anyone has alternative suggestions, feel free to submit them, but I'm gonna have Job #3 running simultaneously.) Also - I love the idea of "Super Sonic Warriors!" :DDD

With that mentioned, we might as well dash right into Job #3:

Job #3 - Submit a Character from the Sonic the Hedgehog Series!

In this case, the top two voted characters are gonna get into the roster. Feel free to submit as many as you like, though! I'll give y'all a while to do it, given it's a much more interesting task overall.

Also, if you have concerns with certain characters being "allowed" in the game due to deaths or the like - don't panic. I'm sure we could work around it if they get voted in. Have fun, y'all!

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Well then, 48 sounds good! (If anyone has alternative suggestions, feel free to submit them, but I'm gonna have Job #3 running simultaneously.) Also - I love the idea of "Super Sonic Warriors!" :DDD

With that mentioned, we might as well dash right into Job #3:

Job #3 - Submit a Character from the Sonic the Hedgehog Series!

In this case, the top two voted characters are gonna get into the roster. Feel free to submit as many as you like, though! I'll give y'all a while to do it, given it's a much more interesting task overall.

Also, if you have concerns with certain characters being "allowed" in the game due to deaths or the like - don't panic. I'm sure we could work around it if they get voted in. Have fun, y'all!
Will there be any characters that are automatically getting in like Modern Sonic or Tails

Also here are my submissions

downloadfile-16.jpg

Infinite
If were continuing the story of the Phantom Ruby in Sonic Warriors we need to bring back Infinite, we would play as a long ranged fighter using his Phantom Ruby to create exploding clones of himself and manipulate the enviroment.

downloadfile-17.jpg

Styx the Badger
I always consider Styx as a sort of on and off again team mate to the core team Sonic and I love the boom continuity so we should include her. She would use her boomerang as a weapon either to confuse or trap opponents, she would also be very acrobatic being able to wall run and wall jump.

downloadfile-19.jpg

Lyric (yes I'm doing him)
While he may be one the most hated Sonic characters in one if the most hated Sonic games. If Hyrule Warriors can redeem Zant and Tingle in some people's eyes Lyric would be a good pick as well. His armor allows himself to be very durable and can use the technology of the achients to summon and control powerful machinery.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Okay, yeah - I actually could have put that way better, I'm sorry about that. It didn't occur to me somehow that Sonic and Tails... need to be in a Sonic game... oh god I'm on a downward spiral

So for clarification, Modern Sonic & Modern Tails are lock-in picks, because... yeah. They need to be. Sorry for the confusion y'all!

Would the main 4 (maybe shadow as well) be automatically accepted in the game KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
oh yeah you're right

Okay so I'm just gonna lock in these five:

Modern Sonic
Modern Tails
Modern Knuckles
Modern Shadow
Modern Dr. Eggman/Robotnik

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
SILVER

A psychokinetic hedgehog from the future, Silver would utilize his powers to clear large waves of foes in an instant!

EDIT: Removed Knux since he’s locked in
Sonic…The Werehog

Sonic’s cursed form, given to him by Dark Gaia. Just imagine the crazy kinds of moves he’ll be able to pull off with his stretchy arms and animalistic nature!

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #3: Vector The Crocodile
1634586665599.png
Vector is the music loving detective and leader of the Chaotix Detective Agency, he would be a great fit as a loved Sonic icon that hasn't been playable in a while and could have a varied moveset based on his physical strength and love of music.

Job #3.2:
Espio The Chameleon
1634587082639.png
The Intelligent Ninja Warrior and other member of the Chaotix Detective Agency, Espio can give what possibly no other sonic character can, which is a Ninja Moveset. And Ninja's are objectively cool.

Job #3.3: Charmy Bee

1634587287776.png
Yeah, I'm just submitting the entire Agency. Charmy could potentially have a moveset about being hyper active and as such be one of the fastest characters in the game, also Charmy seems to be able to fly infinitely so maybe that's something idk.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
No one has submitted them yet, but I’ll try to speak up beforehand-I feel like we should vote on whether or not to include Classic variations of characters who have Modern designs.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #3:
Big the Cat
F8A6A5F3-0FBF-455D-8813-4076E5E89FCF.png

We can’t have a Sonic Warriors game without Big the Cat, right? Big the Cat could use his fishing pole to attack enemies. Big could hook one enemy and swing them all around at the oncoming hordes, knocking them all back. Maybe Froggy could join in on the fun by helping Big.

Gun Soldier
8CCC7C9D-A977-4904-B277-020762E55EE7.png

With all the upcoming Chaos that will be happening, there might have to be some Gun Soldiers on the scene to help. Why not have a playable Gun Soldier in this game? The Gun Soldier could be loaded with a full arsenal of weapons and gadgets to help defend the world from this new threat.

Professor Pickle
135F3B9D-E573-49D8-9858-9F55A164F5DB.png

Yes, I am serious! I always thought Professor Pickle should have been more of a main character after Unleashed. Sonic and his friends could always use a world-renowned scholar and expert in ancient literature, when Eggman unleashes an ancient evil. My idea for his attacks would be for him to use the Gaia Manuscripts to summon and attack with Dark Gaia’s Minions, he could even occasionally hit hordes with his own cane.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 how will voting work for this job? It wasn't really clear how many characters would end up being accepted.
I'm terribly sorry about all of this - I'll be sure to work on formatting the following jobs better from now on.

The two characters with the most votes will be the ones getting in with this job specifically, but any character submitted at this stage can be resubmitted in future Jobs if they don't manage to get into this one.

Although, given the volume of submissions... it might be worth changing it to the three characters with the most votes in the future - this job will just be the top two, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom