• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Well, I guess that's that. I'm happy I didn't get my hopes up but its crazy to think its over now. Sora looks fun, I don't have a connection to him or Kingdom Hearts though so the reveal was eh to me. I'm happy for those who wanted him though. Hopefully we'll get our chance in the next Smash game
Tbh, we won’t. We say this every time but the sad fact is they don’t care. He has been an assist trophy for a decade at this point lmao. The double edged sword to smash being such a big crossover is that first party characters get shafted in favor of adding more crossovers or just promotional first parties

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I know this has been said a million times in here but I think this game would have been perfect if we got Waluigi or even Geno instead of Piranha Plant. Nearly all the fan favorites would be in at that point. Seriously who ever asked for the plant? I know it’s Sakurai’s game and he made plant because HE wanted to make plant, but putting in a generic enemy from a series with multiple fan demanded characters to choose from just feels like such a bad decision looking back at it.

the decision to include plant over another high profile Mario character Waluigi or toad will always be a terrible one imo. I don’t think there’s many people who would miss Piranha Plant not being in but there are thousands who really wanted Waluigi lol.
Honestly with sora's reveal, it has open up old wounds regarding Plant.

I 'm gonna say it, literally a waste of a spot on plant, like if they were gonna do a bonus mario character, couldn't have it been Waluigi or Toad/Toadette or Birdetta or Kamek, instead of the thing that literally isn't even a character, or even the most iconic mario enemy? like hell goomba would have made more sense.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
unless there's some surprise shock reveal at the game awards or something, it's pretty much over for Waluigi for this game

i wanna say he'll make it into the next, but i dunno if i can say that confidently anymore, and even if he does, there's a good chance it will be nothing like ultimate (they may slash the majority of the roster out for all we know)

and regarding the future in general for the character, i said it a while back but i think my fears have been confirmed, nintendo just wants to milk the waluigi fandom with merch and advertisements but never actually cater and give him something substantial like a smash spot or a role in a mainline game or his own series, instead continue to tease him and us about how "he's waiting for his time in the spotlight" like they have been doing for the past 21 years with the character

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
The extra slot is nothing at this point. If it was anything it would’ve gotten announced with this direct. It is interesting how he didn’t say anything about whether there will be a next game or anything or if was even going to continue working on any games at all. Also correct me if I’m wrong but he didn’t say when ongoing updates will stop for ultimate? Definitely seems like he left the door open I guess.

Last edited:

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
The funniest thing to me is when they upgraded Bomberman to a Mii costume I was pretty confident Waluigi would at least get a Mii costume or maybe even become a fighter. We didn’t even get a Waluigi Mii costume lol; Waluigi ranks lower than bomberman to the smash team apparently. Stuff like this is why I’m pretty confident we are never getting Waluigi, he’s destined to be an assist trophy forever unless there is a series reset at some point

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
The funniest thing to me is when they upgraded Bomberman to a Mii costume I was pretty confident Waluigi would at least get a Mii costume or maybe even become a fighter. We didn’t even get a Waluigi Mii costume lol; Waluigi ranks lower than bomberman to the smash team apparently. Stuff like this is why I’m pretty confident we are never getting Waluigi, he’s destined to be an assist trophy forever unless there is a series reset at some point
bro you can’t let the ending shatter ur hopes and dreams, waluigi will definitely be base roster in the next smash game (probably lmao)

if anything, sora in smash should widen the possibilities of speculation

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
waluigi will definitely be base roster in the next smash game (probably lmao)
That's what we said back in the wii u days after this ****
tumblr_inline_pb6rp4LlrU1sdn55s_500.png
o89lg35nqus61.jpg

Heck, it's what people like me thought back in the brawl days when we first saw the assist trophy then.

it's been literally two decades with Waluigi being snuffed again and again from any role outside of spin off titles and Nintendo just teasing constantly that "he'll get his chance someday just wait" or "sorry you didn't make it!" and instead just milking us with merchandise and advertisements that we eat up cus there's literally nothing else

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
That extra space is from the new zealand website. Is it like that for others? If not, I’m guessing it’s an error on their part.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'm having mixed feelings.
Kingdom Hearts 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, and while Sora is deserving of being a fighter in Smash, at the same time I just wanted my favorite childhood character (Waluigi), who I spent the most time playing as in Mario Party 3 and Mario Kart Double Dash.

If anything, this proves one thing, Nintendo are to blame for everything.
Sakurai did his damn hardest to include everyone he could and make this game the best Smash there is.
Nintendo chose the characters, and they're the ones that neglected Waluigi in the first place and kept teasing us about him all for nothing.

I can finally rest and stop thinking of Smash 24/7, but I only wish for a Smash Ultimate Deluxe in 4-5 years from now, so Waluigi could finally (I ****ing hope) joins this amazing roster.
Because the last thing I want is a degraded Smash sequel with less characters than Smash Ultimate.

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
Welp, that's it, it's over. Everyone can go home now. No more speculation, no more fake leak, no more wars between people, no more cancerous people bothering everyone with "GIVE US SMASH BROS THATS THE ONLY GOOD GAME"

Soooo it's official : Nintendo does NOT give a **** about Waluigi even though he is a fan-favorite. Hell, I'm even going to say that they hate him and it's a fact. They DO hate him and if you think otherwhise, you're delusional. They didn't even give him a mii costume like with bomberman who had a less bigger outcry.

In the past 3 years, Nintendo knew that he was extremely popular, Reggie even acknowledged it. They started to make merchandises about him, they used him more for random things all for... nothing. The truth is that they don't want to do anything with him because they just don't want too. They prefer to waste a slot on the worst character ever. Wasting a slot on a plant is okay for Nintendo but adding an actual Mario character like Waluigi, Geno, Toad or King Boo is a big no-no for them. I think someone at Nintendo enjoyed some kind of "special" mushroom.

And as if it wasn't enough, we now have the definitive confirmation that assist trophies DO deconfirm. If a character is shown as an assist, no matter how much they are popular, they will stay an assist until next game.

About Sora, I'm not gonna pretend that I was hyped or anything because I just don't care but the trailer looked nice though. There were much more characters I wanted above him, even The Slayer was someone I wanted MUCH MORE. The only thing I can do is to give credit to Sakurai and everyone he worked with for the production of the game because that project was incredible. Total respect for them and I hope that they will enjoy a good break after that.

And with that, we say farewell to Waluigi and any chance of him getting something important anytime soon. I guess that his filler ass will stay on spin-offs. And before you tell me "Wait until Smash 6" it's not even guaranteed at this point, no one is. I'm not even gonna be surprised if we see Waluigi, Geno, Isaac and Ashley as assist trophies and Whomp as a playable character

Last edited:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
That's what we said back in the wii u days after this ****
View attachment 333273View attachment 333274

Heck, it's what people like me thought back in the brawl days when we first saw the assist trophy then.

it's been literally two decades with Waluigi being snuffed again and again from any role outside of spin off titles and Nintendo just teasing constantly that "he'll get his chance someday just wait" or "sorry you didn't make it!" and instead just milking us with merchandise and advertisements that we eat up cus there's literally nothing else
the key is to stop expecting him to be dlc

not expecting smash 6 until 2030 at the earliest tho, see u then

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Please tell me someone already debunked this. I don’t wanna get my hopes up. I just wanna move on and look forward to playing the new Mario party. Lol

Edit: Actually it’s possible it could just be a bundle of the two passes together.

Last edited:

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
It’s been a hell of a ride..But,Unfortunately Waluigi was not the The Big Finale here..

Guess That’s another 5 to 10 Year wait Lmao

Oh well,Guess Nintendo could give two ****s about Waluigi then.

I’m Happy for Sora Fans for finally gettin’ Their Character but DAMN.. “Is Finally Here!” Really hits HARD..Especially since they KNEW Waluigi was SUPER Requested. Even President of NOA (At the time) Reggie straight up mentioned it all and said Sakurai would become aware of the Outcry for the Character.

This is like the Third or Fourth Smash Game and Waluigi’s to Remain an Assist Trophy once again..

If that doesn’t say something I dunno what else does.

Here’s to hoping He WILL get His time in Smash 6 or whatever it could end up being called (Maybe Smash Ultimate Special Edition or something idk) But let’s be real..He PROBABLY never Will. 😔

Can’t wait for Mario Sports Ultra Mix coming in Summer 2022!!

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
the key is to stop expecting him to be dlc

not expecting smash 6 until 2030 at the earliest tho, see u then
You missed the point entirely, we expected him to be base roster in ultimate, and for many of us we expected him to be base roster in Wii U and 3DS, neither of those happened, and instead what we got was more of the same, teasing the fanbase and milking with merchandise.

And now we are just in the loop again of waiting for the next hypothetical game saying "he's a lock for sure!" When history has shown otherwise.

Like I said, it's been 21 years of the character existing and gaining in popularity, and yet not even once has he been given anything that isn't just another space in a spin off sports or party game roster (and even then with things like Mario Kart 7, Nintendo has shown he's not even guaranteed even that little all the time)

Last edited:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
okay you can stop believing in Waluigi, I understand if it is personally difficult for you. the pain can be a bit much sometimes...

but Waluigi WILL be smash 6 base roster, regardless if he has you or anyone else rooting for him. He's always been the underdog.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
okay you can stop believing in Waluigi, I understand if it is personally difficult for you. the pain can be a bit much sometimes...

but Waluigi WILL be smash 6 base roster, regardless if he has you or anyone else rooting for him. He's always been the underdog.
It's not "personally difficult" for me, it's just foolish to say he will 100% happen in this next hypothetical game when that hasn't happened in the past, and it sets up people for disappointment again if it doesn't happen again.

I'm not stopping supporting Waluigi, he's one of my comfort characters, I just know it's foolish and ignorant to act as if he's guaranteed a spot in the next game, cus that's literally what people have been saying for the last few games

Just Don't get people's hopes up when you don't know for sure yourself is the main thing

Last edited:

PunkApe

Coolest Monkey in the Jungle
Just wanna write one thing to people in these trying times:

Ridley fans had to wait since Melee to become playable after years of being relegated to story mode bosses and stage hazards.
K. Rool fans had to wait with fingers crossed behind their back that Nintendo still even remembered him.
Geno fans had to wait 11 years for him to even make another appearance.

Hell, even characters like Doom Slayer and Sora were up in the air due to age restriction worries and greedy, corporate monopolies.

Compared to that, Waluigi isn't that bad.

Yes, it sucks he's still relegated to an assist despite being arguably the only main Mario character left out of the roster, but still, think about what we accomplished during that time.

We got Reggie, at-the-time Nintendo of America President to say Sakurai would be aware of Waluigi requests.
Nintendo started talking about him more than ever, clearly hinting that people want to see him blossom into a greater role.
We got the damn Washington Post to report on it. The Washington Post!

Even if it wasn't him, we'll try our luck next time. Because of the outcry for him as of recent and Nintendo paying more attention to the western fanbase, I'm sure we'll see him in the base roster next game.

Just remember, everyone:

And neither should you.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Just wanna write one thing to people in these trying times:

Ridley fans had to wait since Melee to become playable after years of being relegated to story mode bosses and stage hazards.
K. Rool fans had to wait with fingers crossed behind their back that Nintendo still even remembered him.
Geno fans had to wait 11 years for him to even make another appearance.

Hell, even characters like Doom Slayer and Sora were up in the air due to age restriction worries and greedy, corporate monopolies.

Compared to that, Waluigi isn't that bad.

Yes, it sucks he's still relegated to an assist despite being arguably the only main Mario character left out of the roster, but still, think about what we accomplished during that time.

We got Reggie, at-the-time Nintendo of America President to say Sakurai would be aware of Waluigi requests.
Nintendo started talking about him more than ever, clearly hinting that people want to see him blossom into a greater role.
We got the damn Washington Post to report on it. The Washington Post!

Even if it wasn't him, we'll try our luck next time. Because of the outcry for him as of recent and Nintendo paying more attention to the western fanbase, I'm sure we'll see him in the base roster next game.

Just remember, everyone:
I wanna hope he'll be base roster but honestly there's no guarantee at this point if in the 3 years after the initial outcry Nintendo didn't want to bother with him, in or outside of smash.

Maybe that whole trademark thing with the Waluigi and Wario emblems means something like a warioland with Waluigi is in the works but we'll just have to hope that it'll happen

Ridley888

Smash Rookie
He had predicted to some extent that he wouldn't be in the SSBU after all, but it's painful to face this situation.
I don't know when the next smash will come out or the series is over, but I will continue to support Waluigi.
From now on, I hope Nintendo will delve into his personality by announcing the main title of Waluigi or by joining Waluigi in the wario game.
Earlier, I really wanted Ridley and K. Rool to join the smash, and that dream came true.
Next is Waluigi's turn!

Last edited:

PunkApe

I wanna hope he'll be base roster but honestly there's no guarantee at this point if in the 3 years after the initial outcry Nintendo didn't want to bother with him, in or outside of smash.

Maybe that whole trademark thing with the Waluigi and Wario emblems means something like a warioland with Waluigi is in the works but we'll just have to hope that it'll happen
Simply because in all honesty the outcry for him wasn’t as big. It’s skyrocketed now.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Well I guess we’ll eventually find out if that blank slot on the NZ website is gonna be revealed some time later. It’s gotta be before the deadline which is December. Call me delusional, but if it’s a bonus, it could be Waluigi. I know he said 11 was the last one but…I’ll wait until the deadline passes before calling it quits.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Well I guess we’ll eventually find out if that blank slot on the NZ website is gonna be revealed some time later. It’s gotta be before the deadline which is December. Call me delusional, but if it’s a bonus, it could be Waluigi. I know he said 11 was the last one but…I’ll wait until the deadline passes before calling it quits.
The blank slot also showed up on the US website, it was there when they put Sora's page on the website but now the Fighter's page is broken and doesn't show any DLC fighters or the blank slot (might just be my **** internet, don't know for sure). I should've taken a pic of the bonus slot on the US page but since it's happened with every DLC fighter so far I thought it was just an error or glitch. I'm guessing the blank slot shows up on the other versions of the website if it showed up on the US and NZ version.

EDIT: Nevermind lol, tried a different browser and the fighters page isn't broken. The blank slot is gone though

fighters page.jpg

Last edited:

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
There's no bonus fighter.
This is it for better or worse.
Let's just rest and bide our time for an expanded Deluxe version in 4-5 years.

I wanted to believe Waluigi had a chance to join Ultimate, and Nintendo teasing us made me think they were gonna actually add him.

But now after some time, I think Sakurai made the right decision.
And by that I mean him not upgrading Waluigi through DLC, because if that happened then people will ask for more Assist Trophies to be upgraded, ultimately defeating the purpose of having them as Assist Trophies in the first place, it'd be a mess.

Let's hope for a Smash Ultimate Deluxe rather than a Smash 6, that way Waluigi has a chance to join this amazing roster alongside other characters who couldn't make it like Isaac, Alucard, Eggman, and many more.

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
Well, I guess the no-AT-promotion-in-the-same-game thing held true this time. If I'm not wrong then Smash games (almost) always introduce newcomers from the Mario series, and I guess this roster got its fill with Daisy and Piranha Plant. Maybe next time.

At least Waluigi will always be there for the Mario spin-offs, which tend to be enjoyable games in themselves. And maybe we'll yet get lucky with some other titles we don't know about yet. Only time will tell - and there's a lot of time to go around, so I don't think there's any need to cut our losses on Waluigi's position just yet. Obviously, it's alright to be disappointed, though. I know I am.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think Waluigi’s best chances of getting in, base game or otherwise, is if someone other than Sakurai is the director of the next game. Many people like to blame Nintendo for Waluigi’s exclusion, but in reality smash is the singular spin-off that Waluigi has never been playable in, other than that one Mario kart that he was left out of. He’s definitely not Nintendo’s favorite either, but people are kidding themselves if they think that his exclusion from smash isn’t majorly due to Sakurai in some way. He’s been an assist trophy for a decade while watching other ATs get promoted between games, a literal plant chosen for DLC over him, and hell, even bomberman got a consolation prize of a Mii costume. I don’t know what it is but I feel like it’s pretty clear that he just does not like Waluigi. And that’s fine it’s his opinion and his game. I just hope that IF someone else ends up taking over for the next game they acknowledge our fan base and finally give us a chance to play smash with Waluigi. I’d legit him rather not be in the games at all than be locked to being a stupid item that most people don’t play with half the time anyways lol

Last edited:

PunkApe

Well, I guess the no-AT-promotion-in-the-same-game thing held true this time. If I'm not wrong then Smash games (almost) always introduce newcomers from the Mario series, and I guess this roster got its fill with Daisy and Piranha Plant. Maybe next time.
Eh, I feel as if they could definitely include him if they want to regardless of if he's already an assist. Just me though.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I feel as if they could definitely include him if they want to regardless of if he's already an assist. Just me though.
They can yes, but they probably thought not do so because fans of other Assist Trophies would feel cheated.

I'm gonna continue playing Smash Ultimate, it's my favorite game, but **** it I'm making Assist Trophies toggled on from now if that's what it takes to have Waluigi show up regularly in Ultimate.

And I'll wait for the eventual Deluxe edition, because you know what ? They didn't negotiate with ****ing Disney to get Sora in this game just to throw him out by the time Smash 6 gets released because of licensing issues.

I'll wait.
I'm not going anywhere Nintendo, you can go ahead and get a headstart on that Waluigi game so his inclusion in the next game is 'justified', even though we already had characters who lacked importance or their own freaking game.

I'll wait.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
The blank slot also showed up on the US website, it was there when they put Sora's page on the website but now the Fighter's page is broken and doesn't show any DLC fighters or the blank slot (might just be my **** internet, don't know for sure). I should've taken a pic of the bonus slot on the US page but since it's happened with every DLC fighter so far I thought it was just an error or glitch. I'm guessing the blank slot shows up on the other versions of the website if it showed up on the US and NZ version.

EDIT: Nevermind lol, tried a different browser and the fighters page isn't broken. The blank slot is gone though

View attachment 333327
I wasn’t talking about that glitch on the smash website. I was talking about the blank url number on the Nintendo NZ website.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Tbh, we won’t. We say this every time but the sad fact is they don’t care. He has been an assist trophy for a decade at this point lmao. The double edged sword to smash being such a big crossover is that first party characters get shafted in favor of adding more crossovers or just promotional first parties
But for Waluigi his series is over represented at this point. Since people already criticized Plant Piranha for that reason, putting Waluigi wouldn't be different.

I'm not going anywhere Nintendo, you can go ahead and get a headstart on that Waluigi game so his inclusion in the next game is 'justified', even though we already had characters who lacked importance or their own freaking game.
So why shouldn't the regular games also be justified? Not like it's okay for Waluigi to be absent from Bowser's Fury or Odyssey.

I say Waluigi should really get a big role in next Mario featured game. If Waluigi doesn't grab any chance, another Rosalina or Plant would just get over him and be the next Mario rep in Smash 6.

Last edited:

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
But for Waluigi his series is over represented at this point. Since people already criticized Plant Piranha for that reason, putting Waluigi wouldn't be different.

So why shouldn't the regular games also be justified? Not like it's okay for Waluigi to be absent from Bowser's Fury or Odyssey.

I say Waluigi should really get a big role in next Mario featured game. If Waluigi doesn't grab any chance, another Rosalina or Plant would just get over him and be the next Mario rep in Smash 6.
How are you still alive ?!
I'm putting you on ignore, I couldn't care less what nonsense you have to say now.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
How are you still alive ?!
I'm putting you on ignore, I couldn't care less what nonsense you have to say now.
If you don't accept other people's valid points then it's your business. But if that does'nt help the character, this isn't really worthy.

Last edited:

PunkApe

They could easily just cut Plant in Smash 6 and have Waluigi take that space. Doubt many would complain.

PunkApe

Welp, that's it, it's over. Everyone can go home now. No more speculation, no more fake leak, no more wars between people, no more cancerous people bothering everyone with "GIVE US SMASH BROS THATS THE ONLY GOOD GAME"

Soooo it's official : Nintendo does NOT give a **** about Waluigi even though he is a fan-favorite. Hell, I'm even going to say that they hate him and it's a fact. They DO hate him and if you think otherwhise, you're delusional. They didn't even give him a mii costume like with bomberman who had a less bigger outcry.

In the past 3 years, Nintendo knew that he was extremely popular, Reggie even acknowledged it. They started to make merchandises about him, they used him more for random things all for... nothing. The truth is that they don't want to do anything with him because they just don't want too. They prefer to waste a slot on the worst character ever. Wasting a slot on a plant is okay for Nintendo but adding an actual Mario character like Waluigi, Geno, Toad or King Boo is a big no-no for them. I think someone at Nintendo enjoyed some kind of "special" mushroom.

And as if it wasn't enough, we now have the definitive confirmation that assist trophies DO deconfirm. If a character is shown as an assist, no matter how much they are popular, they will stay an assist until next game.

About Sora, I'm not gonna pretend that I was hyped or anything because I just don't care but the trailer looked nice though. There were much more characters I wanted above him, even The Slayer was someone I wanted MUCH MORE. The only thing I can do is to give credit to Sakurai and everyone he worked with for the production of the game because that project was incredible. Total respect for them and I hope that they will enjoy a good break after that.

And with that, we say farewell to Waluigi and any chance of him getting something important anytime soon. I guess that his filler ass will stay on spin-offs. And before you tell me "Wait until Smash 6" it's not even guaranteed at this point, no one is. I'm not even gonna be surprised if we see Waluigi, Geno, Isaac and Ashley as assist trophies and Whomp as a playable character
okay you're definitely being overdramatic lol

I really, really doubt Nintendo as a company as a whole despises a character that they still put in games to this day (which would be a very gross generalization). If they hated him, why bother even putting him in anything at all?

Another thing to note is that Smash picks can be very Japan-centric. That's part of the reason it took over a decade for Ridley, King K. Rool and Banjo to get in and for characters like Geno to even be recognised, as well as why characters like Sephiroth and Hero got in despite having very little demand in the western fanbase. They only really started to pay attention to western picks during Ultimate, and started focusing on them a lot more for things like Mii costumes, which are decided after the fighters.

Just because Waluigi didn't get in doesn't necessarily mean ATs deconfirm for DLC. I won't argue and say that they don't for base game, that's crazy talk if you ask me, but unless Sakurai outright says "assist trophies deconfirm for DLC", I ain't buying it.

The main reason Sora got in over Waluigi, Crash, Doomguy, etc. is that he was the most requested Smash character worldwide. Characters like the aforementioned Waluigi and Crash mainly have popularity in the western Smash fanbase, and are relatively mid-tier in Japan.

That being said, with Smash's new focus on western picks, I think the chances of seeing our boy in purple in Smash 6 are higher than ever.

Last edited:

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
They can yes, but they probably thought not do so because fans of other Assist Trophies would feel cheated.
I think it does make sense. They saw the backlash from fans when Waluigi was showed as an assist. Same goes for Isaac. They knew that they were extremely popular and asked. Unfortunately, it was too late to add them or even just one of them. They probably thought that if they upgrade only one assist trophy, it would have caused severe backlash and endless wars between pissed off fans unless they made an assist upgrade fighter pass.

So I guess that we can overlook Waluigi being absent from the roster in Ultimate if that was the reason. And we did all we can do.
Now, there is no excuse for Smash 6. They are definitely aware of his popularity and there is no excuse to forget about him once again when he's basically the new Ridley while Isaac is the new King K Rool. We will probably get two or three assist upgrades in the next game (I think we already had some in Ultimate) and the most likely candidates are Waluigi & Isaac. Maybe Skull Kid or Ashley if we got three but Waluigi & Isaac are the most likely and there won't be a huge backlash if they are the only two or even just Waluigi because they wouldn't have been announced as assist trophies in the first place.

So yeah, I take back what I've said before and I'm gonna even go on and say that he'll be the big newcomer for base game in the next game like Ridley in Ultimate. Maybe his time will come around E3 2026/7 (this is usually the time it takes before we get a new smash bros so I believe that the next game will be in 5-6 years). The only issue now is to WAIT

I think however that the next game will be a reboot so we will probably have around 45 characters (not counting DLC) and almost all the 3rd party will be gone with a few exceptions like Sonic, Banjo, maybe Sora unless they count him as part of the square enix characters...

Last edited:
Top Bottom