• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
https://youtu.be/CZhCZW8wmi8

Ok. NOTHING can top This.

My God this Fan-made Waluigi Smash Trailer is Amazing.

Go check it out if you haven’t already!
Makes me wonder if Nintendo would take this down if he was the last dlc fighter.

Edit: I hate to say this but…I can’t feel the excitement from mods. If it was official, I would be screaming with excitement! But I just felt nothing from this trailer…Don’t get me wrong, this is a well made trailer and the mod is great, but that’s all it is…a mod. And it just makes me realize he’s not really in the game on the roster with the rest of the main Mario crew. Actually scratch that, it did make me feel something…depression. :(

Last edited:

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Makes me wonder if Nintendo would take this down if he was the last dlc fighter.

Edit: I hate to say this but…I can’t feel the excitement from mods. If it was official, I would be screaming with excitement! But I just felt nothing from this trailer…Don’t get me wrong, this is a well made trailer and the mod is great, but that’s all it is…a mod. And it just makes me realize he’s not really in the game on the roster with the rest of the main Mario crew. Actually scratch that, it did make me feel something…depression. :(
I dunno..I mean,There were Fanmade stuff and Mods about Characters like Min Min and Steve,And THOSE never really got taken down I don’t think. And They’re Playable.

Soo..If they somehow DO take down some stuff about Waluigi and Smash,Sure..Whatever.

But it’d honestly be really cool of them if they just left it all alone. Not a lot of Smash Fans even think he’s possible or likely anyways LOL

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
I just remembered Waluigi can turn into a vampire.
MP8_Vampire_Candy_Waluigi.png

This isn't exclusive to him btw, all playable characters in Mario Party 8 can transform like that if they use a Vampire Candy.
https://www.mariowiki.com/Vampire_Candy
Just a neat thing that could be implemented into Waluigi's special moves if he were a Smash fighter.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Isn’t that kinda what they already did with Kazuya?
Yeah kinda, but Kazuya's whole shtick is that his Devil form is always active, Waluigi's Vampire form could just be a single move, like UP B, DOWN SMASH, or even a simple taunt.

I'm just saying Sakurai's got a lot of source material to pull moves for Waluigi in Smash.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Yeah kinda, but Kazuya's whole shtick is that his Devil form is always active, Waluigi's Vampire form could just be a single move, like UP B, DOWN SMASH, or even a simple taunt.

I'm just saying Sakurai's got a lot of source material to pull moves for Waluigi in Smash.
I honestly don’t think they would go that route, seems kinda…random? I could see them using some mechanics from tennis aces in his moveset.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
I honestly don’t think they would go that route, seems kinda…random? I could see them using some mechanics from tennis aces in his moveset.
How cool would it be If he had a BACK Special (Like Terry) Where he does His little Moonwalk Move from Mario Tennis Aces? (Complete with a Hit from the Racket)

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Maybe. I could see them making it seem like a Super Generic Trailer revolving around Gameplay footage specifically (Kinda like how The Beginning portion for Steve’s Trailer was) Before eventually Cutting to a Beat-Up/Damaged Wario on the Battlefield,An Assist Trophy Spawns and Someone Grabs it.

a Silhouette of Waluigi jumps out and Laughs,Before eventually getting Launched away.

Then Plot Twist!

The REAL Waluigi appears and Smacks whoever Was Fighting Wario (Probably the Mario Bros) Away with His Tennis Racket.

The Splash Title Card could be “Waluigi makes it to the Party!” or “Waluigi Breaks the Mold!” Or potentially even the CLASSIC “Waluigi Appears Nonetheless!” from the Smash Bros Brawl Site Page about Waluigi’s Appearance as an Assist Trophy.
This is pretty much the exact reveal I’ve had in my head for years. It’s too fitting

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
I’ve got some interesting news. That Waluigi render isn’t being used for Mario party superstars. Looks like they’re just reusing the same super mario party render this game.

So this render really was just made for a mini switch advertisement. Which is interesting that they would go the effort for just an ad.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
I’ve got some interesting news. That Waluigi render isn’t being used for Mario party superstars. Looks like they’re just reusing the same super mario party render this game.

So this render really was just made for a mini switch advertisement. Which is interesting that they would go the effort for just an ad.
W H A T ? ?

So it’s still a freakin’ question as to WHAT it’s being used for. What the Heck??

I surely THOUGHT when Superstars got announced They’d Show that the Render was for that game but..WOW.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
W H A T ? ?

So it’s still a freakin’ question as to WHAT it’s being used for. What the Heck??

I surely THOUGHT when Superstars got announced They’d Show that the Render was for that game but..WOW.
It was just used for that one switch ad.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
It was just used for that one switch ad.
If they ACTUALLY made that cool Render JUST for a Nintendo Minute video about The Switch Lite with a New Color..That..That actually sucks.

But until This Year ends or something,I’m NOT Believing it.

For all we know,The Smash Team could have ASKED Nintendo to make a Render for Waluigi to Use as His Fighter Spirit or something,Kinda like how they asked Monolithsoft to Make a Whole New Thing of Artwork for Pneuma in Pyra and Mythra’s DLC Spirit Board.

That or..Y’know..It could be for a Waluigi Game or Potentially even the Revival of the Cancelled DDR Mario Mix Sequel.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
If they ACTUALLY made that cool Render JUST for a Nintendo Minute video about The Switch Lite with a New Color..That..That actually sucks.

But until This Year ends or something,I’m NOT Believing it.

For all we know,The Smash Team could have ASKED Nintendo to make a Render for Waluigi to Use as His Fighter Spirit or something,Kinda like how they asked Monolithsoft to Make a Whole New Thing of Artwork for Pneuma in Pyra and Mythra’s DLC Spirit Board.

That or..Y’know..It could be for a Waluigi Game or Potentially even the Revival of the Cancelled DDR Mario Mix Sequel.
To be honest, it doesn’t surprise me that they would make a render just for advertisment purposes. They have done that before with Mario. He has a lots of renders they make of him simply for advertisement purposes and are never used in games.

It’s interesting that they chose Waluigi of all characters to be used in that ad. This really shows that Nintendo is acknowledging the popularity of Waluigi, whether that means they decided on him being a dlc fighter remains to be seen. Hopefully will get a direct next week and find out who last one is and then we can finally end this speculation hell.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
https://youtu.be/CZhCZW8wmi8

Ok. NOTHING can top This.

My God this Fan-made Waluigi Smash Trailer is Amazing.

Go check it out if you haven’t already!
It's only been three days and this fan-made trailer is already at five hundred thousand views.

five hundred THOUSAND

Could y'all imagine what would happen if Waluigi actually gets in? I think the official trailer could hit a few million in a day lol

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
It's only been three days and this fan-made trailer is already at five hundred thousand views.

five hundred THOUSAND

Could y'all imagine what would happen if Waluigi actually gets in? I think the official trailer could hit a few million in a day lol
Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if his reveal trailer was the most viewed out of all the newcomers.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216

five hundred THOUSAND

Yeah,The freakin’ Views on that thing just KEEP going up and up every time I see it on my Recommendations Page.

Glad it’s getting the Recognition it deserves because MY GOD what an amazing Trailer! Never mind the fact that it’s for a Mod,The Trailer itself is STILL great.

I’m sure Waluigi could probably break the Internet if He Legitimately got Revealed for an Official Smash Bros Title,His Reveal would be as Big as Steve or Banjo-Kazooie probably.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
The Waluigi Project M Trailer Video JUST Hit 800k.

It just KEEPS on Rakin’ up Views and Views.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

Calling it right now, if Waluigi is indeed coming to smash as dlc, that Nintendo minute render is going to be his Fighter's Spirit

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Calling it right now, if Waluigi is indeed coming to smash as dlc, that Nintendo minute render is going to be his Fighter's Spirit
Or it was just for this switch lite ad. Don’t get me wrong, I want Waluigi to be the final dlc fighter. But this could have been made for advertisement and nothing more. Nintendo has made renders just for advertisement before.

If I’m wrong and this does happen I will be pleasantly surprised and happy.

Last edited:

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Or it was just for this switch lite ad. Don’t get me wrong, I want Waluigi to be the final dlc fighter. But this could have been made for advertisement and nothing more. Nintendo has made renders just for advertisement before.

If I’m wrong and this does happen I will be pleasantly surprised and happy.
Yeah, but it's weird that they're choosing to advertise with Waluigi of all characters.

It could very likely be an exclusive render made just for his fighter spirit.
It's possible.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Yeah, but it's weird that they're choosing to advertise with Waluigi of all characters.

It could very likely be an exclusive render made just for his fighter spirit.
It's possible.
I dunno about that too much now because apparently Mario has TWO New Renders for Mario Party Superstars.

So…There still could be a Chance that’s just an ADDITIONAL Render for Waluigi in Superstars.

I kinda hope it isn’t though. Especially since there’s yet to be some sorta Dancing Minigame in Sight.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

So, any thoughts regarding this effecting Waluigi's chances? Tournaments don't always tie into characters but it is possible

Of course keep in mind we had 2 fire emblem spirit event long before byleth was revealed

I do find it interesting despite some people claiming that "Waluigi is the face of assist trophies", he isn't even featured on this image for the tournament, and the center assist trophy is nintendog

Even Nintendo/Sakurai have used Waluigi as one of the icons of assist trophies in the past and yet here he is missing from this image..... 🤔🤔🤔
unknown.jpeg

Last edited:

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216

So, any thoughts regarding this effecting Waluigi's chances? Tournaments don't always tie into characters but it is possible

Of course keep in mind we had 2 fire emblem spirit event long before byleth was revealed

I do find it interesting despite some people claiming that "Waluigi is the face of assist trophies", he isn't even featured on this image for the tournament, and the center assist trophy is nintendog

Even Nintendo/Sakurai have used Waluigi as one of the icons of assist trophies in the past and yet here he is missing from this image..... 🤔🤔🤔
View attachment 330348
F e a r .

While yes,It’s definitely strange as hecc how Waluigi ISN’T one of the Highighted Characters for the event..This still could probably Deconfirm Him potentially.

And that’s what I’m Afraid of. 😫😔

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 330348
Several popular assist trophies are missing besides Waluigi and they couldn't fit everyone on the image anyway

TX-55

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 330348
I think this event is in Waluigi's favor, it focuses on how Assist Trophies are a big part of the game.

Because when you actually think about it, most if not all who play Smash competitively turn items off, that means no Assist Trophy gets to appear at all.

But this tournament, ATs are allowed, and Waluigi like all of the other ATs has a chance of appearing in many different matches.

I think this event is setting up for the final fighter, and I think I know who it is.

Waluigi Time! :waluigirose:

Let's just wait and see.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Just looked it up, but there have been tourneys that feature the most recent dlc characters after their release. But this tourney is before the latest dlc fighter is revealed, so I don’t know what to make of this. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Just looked it up, but there have been tourneys that feature the most recent dlc characters after their release. But this tourney is before the latest dlc fighter is revealed, so I don’t know what to make of this. 🤷‍♀️
I could see a a couple of Tournament Event Ideas working well with Waluigi’s Inclusion.

Like one about Explosive Items,Maybe a Mario Kart Themed Event with Items that Appear in Mario Kart? (The Green Shell,Blue Shell,Lightning Bolt,Star and Boomerang),Tall Characters Versus Shorter Characters,Characters with a Purple Color Scheme (Or Alts),Or even Characters with some form of a Stomping Move.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Soo..Apparently Nintendo uploaded another Nintendo Minute Video,But THIS Time..They CLICKBAITED.

As Waluigi is only present in the Thumbnail rather than the Video itself.

Really Interesting.
I mean Mario golf super rush was in the video.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
I mean Mario golf super rush was in the video.
True,But only WARIO appeared there. Not Waluigi.

I don’t get why they couldn’t have just used Wario for the Thumbnail Instead.

Plus,They EASILY could have tossed Waluigi in the Footage of Super Rush as a CPU or something.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
True,But only WARIO appeared there. Not Waluigi.

I don’t get why they couldn’t have just used Wario for the Thumbnail Instead.

Plus,They EASILY could have tossed Waluigi in the Footage of Super Rush as a CPU or something.
Idk you might be looking too much into it.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Idk you might be looking too much into it.
I’m not “Looking too much into it”.

I’m literally just saying Waluigi isn’t there at all and that it’s interesting that they’d put him in the Thumbnail but not the Actual Video.

Not once did I Mention anything about this leading into Say,Him getting into Ultimate or Getting His own Game.

I just found it interesting and figured I’d share it with you guys. ._.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
I’m not “Looking too much into it”.

I’m literally just saying Waluigi isn’t there at all and that it’s interesting that they’d put him in the Thumbnail but not the Actual Video.

Not once did I Mention anything about this leading into Say,Him getting into Ultimate or Getting His own Game.

I just found it interesting and figured I’d share it with you guys. ._.
I will admit that Nintendo has been teasing us with him lately.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
I will admit that Nintendo has been teasing us with him lately.
It’s pretty Crazy,Right?

Usually Nintendo HARDLY ever does this with the Character.

And While it may not really MEAN much,It’s just interesting to see them DO all of this with This one Character.

Making Merch about em’ like Figures or a Game Controller,Shoving Him into Promotional Material for a Game,And In general having Him be in a Ton of Nintendo Minute stuff.

It’s nuts.

Top Bottom