• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Technically, Nintendo (or Sakurai) still chose to prioritize a potted plant over every other Mario characters when they were making the game. The development of the game was probably around 2015-2018 and at that time, they seriously thought that for the next game, it would be a better idea for the Mario newcomer to include a potted plant in the roster rather than characters like Waluigi and Geno (Daisy is an echo so I don't think she really count as a newcomer). So yes, we can say in some way that a plant was chosen over Waluigi and basically stole the slot of the bonus character of the game.
That just sounds like mental gymnastics to make it seem like it was a malicious decision, which it wasn't. Was putting Corrin in over Azula, or Byleth over Edelgard a malicious choice? Plus, saying that Daisy wasn't a newcomer despite the fact that she is, by the literal definition of a newcomer? Pretty sus. :nifty:

Do you believe that Falco was only a Brawl newcomer once he was slightly decloned?

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
It’s sad to see the thread inactive, even the Wahrriors discord is inactive. The support for Waluigi has dwindled…I think it’s just because a lot of people don’t see him happening this game. I’ve even seen Waluigi fans have doubts on his chances.

Also for some reason I’m not on the support list.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It’s sad to see the thread inactive, even the Wahrriors discord is inactive. The support for Waluigi has dwindled…I think it’s just because a lot of people don’t see him happening this game. I’ve even seen Waluigi fans have doubts on his chances.
Moreso it's because Ultimate is at the end of its lifecycle. Once Ultimate is at its actual end, we're good to make new support threads. From that point on, hype is pretty much rebuilt, but we all need to understand that it'll be literal years before our dreams could come to fruition. Everyone is gambling for their character to take that last slot. The hype isn't dead, people are just anxiously waiting.

Also for some reason I’m not on the support list.
I'm only one man, man. :4pacman: I should just ask people to tag me whenever they want on the list.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Moreso it's because Ultimate is at the end of its lifecycle. Once Ultimate is at its actual end, we're good to make new support threads. From that point on, hype is pretty much rebuilt, but we all need to understand that it'll be literal years before our dreams could come to fruition. Everyone is gambling for their character to take that last slot. The hype isn't dead, people are just anxiously waiting.

I'm only one man, man. :4pacman: I should just ask people to tag me whenever they want on the list.
Yeah,Literally EVERYONE is banking on their Character potentially taking that final spot on the Roster for Ultimate.

Whether it be 3rd Parties like Crash,Master Chief,or Rayman.

Or 1st Parties like Bandana Waddle Dee,A Unique Zelda Rep,or Waluigi.

If theres NO other surprises or anything like a Bonus Fighter or a Whole Ass Third Pass,THIS is our Final Character..And whoever it may be will both make fans happy but also probably tick off a lot of Smash Fans.

Especially since it’s highly likely to be a 1st Party Nintendo Character.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
The more I think about it, the more it looks like Waluigi isn't gonna be part of Fighters Pass 2.

After watching Papagenos discuss the possibility of having the last spot in Fighters Pass 2 go to the SMT V protag, I'm beginning to believe that Waluigi is a bonus fighter or just isn't there, leaning more towards bonus.

Sakurai never did a presentation for all the newcomers in Smash Ultimate, some characters just got revealed, introduced and that's it.

Maybe he'll go like "We've prepared something while working on Fighters Pass 2" then a short gameplay trailer for Waluigi plays showcasing his moveset, then he is added as a freebie for anyone who've bought both Seasons of DLC, and is available for purchase separately at a later date.

That's the way I see it now.
If this scenario actually plays out it's a win-win for me, I get both SMT and Waluigi in Smash. :waluigirose:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
After watching Papagenos discuss the possibility of having the last spot in Fighters Pass 2 go to the SMT V protag, I'm beginning to believe that Waluigi is a bonus fighter or just isn't there, leaning more towards bonus.
I don't recommend basing your findings based off of Smash speculation youtubers, let alone ones that have missed 95% more than they have hit. :nifty:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
The more I think about it, the more it looks like Waluigi isn't gonna be part of Fighters Pass 2.

Sakurai never did a presentation for all the newcomers in Smash Ultimate, some characters just got revealed, introduced and that's it.

Maybe he'll go like "We've prepared something while working on Fighters Pass 2" then a short gameplay trailer for Waluigi plays showcasing his moveset, then he is added as a freebie for anyone who've bought both Seasons of DLC, and is available for purchase separately at a later date.

If this scenario actually plays out it's a win-win for me, I get both SMT and Waluigi in Smash. :waluigirose:
Sorry but if Waluigi isn't CP11 then he's just not in the game. The only way we could receive him as a a standalone bonus fighter is if the outcry of him not being in the game is so big that Sakurai has to change his mind about not adding any more DLC after FP2, but the chances of that are unlikely since most people accepted that Waluigi wouldn't be in a long time ago.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman

I have a good feeling about Waluigi being the last fighter. The sixth spot to me feels like it’s for a character that had a lot of demand to be playable and that we would have gotten just five characters if it weren’t for that demand. Mainly cause of the way they showed it off. Honestly, feels like a bonus as it is.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
I don't recommend basing your findings based off of Smash speculation youtubers, let alone ones that have missed 95% more than they have hit. :nifty:
I'm not, but I completely forgot about SMT V throughout the Smash DLC speculation period.
And to be fair the points discussed in the video for the SMT V protag chances as DLC are interesting and kinda believable more than previous names like Crash or Dante.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm not, but I completely forgot about SMT V throughout the Smash DLC speculation period.
And to be fair the points discussed in the video for the SMT V protag chances as DLC are interesting and kinda believable more than previous names like Crash or Dante.
I'd be surprised if we got Atlus specifically twice.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Apparently somebody discovered the color purple attached to the last fighter in the code for FP2 on the Smash website.

Take this with a grain of salt, but if it's true it could be very good news for Waluigi being the last fighter.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Apparently somebody discovered the color purple attached to the last fighter in the code for FP2 on the Smash website.

Take this with a grain of salt, but if it's true it could be very good news for Waluigi being the last fighter.
inb4 it's actually hat kid

walugurl

Smash Journeyman

This is very interesting.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If it is Waluigi based off New Zealand's website, I'd be pretty hyped.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

I looked up the color DarkOrchid and this is what I got

Obviously purple in general is associated with Waluigi, but I do feel this particular shade has appeared in a lot of marketing and merchandise related to him,
And even some renders have this shade or something similar

Like was stated earlier take with a Grain of salt, but I do think this may be the best hint currently towards it possibly being the Wah himself.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I haven't seen any mention of that, is there a way to prove it?

I'm assuming it's in the source code or something

Update:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I checked, it's true, this one has been deconfirmed. Nevermind then.

It's definitely still such an odd coincidence that the other colors seemed to link up with the background colors used for the fighters pass, definitely weird but I guess it's nothing

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Is there a more definitive stage to follow Waluigi than Waluigi's Pinball? :bowsette: I honestly can't think of any other.

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
Shame about the Purple - we hardly knew ye. But isn't there also a theory that the pattern established by all prior Fighter's Pass characters suggests that the next fighter's background colour must match up with Hero's background, which just so happens to be purple? I don't have the comparison image on hand, sadly.

Is there a more definitive stage to follow Waluigi than Waluigi's Pinball? :bowsette: I honestly can't think of any other.
It's clearly a very popular track and it's always suggested. I wouldn't be against it, but a stage from any other spin-off he stars in could come with him just as well. You'd think there would've already been a Mario Party stage, for instance.

Ridley888

Smash Rookie

Currently, this tweet has become a hot topic in Japan, and waluigi has become a trend in Japan.
Looking at the response to this tweet, they seem to have never thought much about Waluigi.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
It's clearly a very popular track and it's always suggested. I wouldn't be against it, but a stage from any other spin-off he stars in could come with him just as well. You'd think there would've already been a Mario Party stage, for instance.
Waluigi's Island from Mario Party 3 maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan hahahaha it ticks SO MANY BOXES

It's a Waluigi Stage

It's also a late Piranha Plant Stage

It's also a WAY OVERDUE Mario Party Stage

It's also not the first Mario Party Stage one might think of making it the OBSCURE Stage as well

It also gives us more Mario Party music instead of just the one song that's in there.

See, y'all THINK Waluigi should be a sports game themed fighter (specifically Mario Tennis)... but what if Waluigi were the troll fighter with a Mario PARTY themed moveset? Dice Block mechanic, Bumper Balls, Mushroom Genie/Jeanie, etc. All the friendship ruining traits of Mario Party personified in the trickster himself, Waluigi.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216

Currently, this tweet has become a hot topic in Japan, and waluigi has become a trend in Japan.
Looking at the response to this tweet, they seem to have never thought much about Waluigi.
YOOO That’s Crazy! And People say NO ONE there likes Him.💀💀

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
I would like to post some fan art from Japanese artist of Waluigi. To show that he is popular over there!
FB5F4D67-DFCB-49AE-A347-BF332C9A32F1.jpeg

0F25443F-91C7-4634-B3EF-5445ACA5044A.jpeg
29C597DB-45B9-4FF0-83A7-4EC150517492.jpeg
397D4914-C853-4E83-82C6-D2FBF9ED986F.jpeg

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I don't know why it's surprising that Waluigi is popular in Japan. it's not like he's some obscure figure. The Mario games that are popular worldwide that he appears in are even more popular in Japan.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why it's surprising that Waluigi is popular in Japan. it's not like he's some obscure figure. The Mario games that are popular worldwide that he appears in are even more popular in Japan.
It’s cause the internet thinks there’s this conspiracy that Japan hates Waluigi. So many haters will tell you “he’s not popular in Japan” or “Nintendo hates him!” Which is clearly not true.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
I would like to post some fan art from Japanese artist of Waluigi. To show that he is popular over there!
View attachment 328766
View attachment 328767View attachment 328768View attachment 328769
YOOO THIS IS SO GOOD

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
It’s cause the internet thinks there’s this conspiracy that Japan hates Waluigi. So many haters will tell you “he’s not popular in Japan” or “Nintendo hates him!” Which is clearly not true.
Yeah,No..SO MANY People go and make this HUGE Claim that Nintendo Hates Waluigi or that he isn’t at all Loved/Is Popular amongst The Japanese fanbase for Nintendo or The Super Mario Franchise.

Yet,People in Japan Make ART of the Character..Waluigi TRENDING on JP Twitter Just recently happened..And Nintendo Makes Tweets about Waluigi and even gave Him TWO Big Roles. One..Unfortunately lasted very shortly (We all know which one.) Not to mention how he Keeps DOMINATING Every Poll Nintendo Makes that Includes The Guy. Heck,Recently they had a Poll for Outfits in Mario Golf Super Rush..And Wario and Waluigi WON.

You CANT Say He ISN’T Popular. He literally just is.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
The Mario sports trademark is intriguing as nothing has yet to be revealed that uses that trademark. And the last fighter hasn’t been revealed yet. It’s kinda suspicious…I hope we don’t have to wait too much longer for a direct cause I wanna know already who it is!

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

UMMMMMM

I'm praying for a new Wario Land with Waluigi pleeeeeeeease

walugurl

Smash Journeyman

UMMMMMM

I'm praying for a new Wario Land with Waluigi pleeeeeeeease
Whoa, now that is interesting. They want to protect the emblems from being used by others? Why now though? Hmm…

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Whoa, now that is interesting. They want to protect the emblems from being used by others? Why now though? Hmm…
That really IS Weird..

You’d think they would have done this a Long while Ago,But..No.

Why now all of the sudden?

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
So if we’re getting a general direct this month, do you think Waluigi would be fitting for the smash fighter reveal? He’s a first party character that the general audience knows about.

We’ve had Min Min, Pyra/Mythra in a general direct, although Byleth was in a Sakurai presents which is weird, but still I could see it happening.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
So if we’re getting a general direct this month, do you think Waluigi would be fitting for the smash fighter reveal? He’s a first party character that the general audience knows about.

We’ve had Min Min, Pyra/Mythra in a general direct, although Byleth was in a Sakurai presents which is weird, but still I could see it happening.
Maybe. I could see them making it seem like a Super Generic Trailer revolving around Gameplay footage specifically (Kinda like how The Beginning portion for Steve’s Trailer was) Before eventually Cutting to a Beat-Up/Damaged Wario on the Battlefield,An Assist Trophy Spawns and Someone Grabs it.

a Silhouette of Waluigi jumps out and Laughs,Before eventually getting Launched away.

Then Plot Twist!

The REAL Waluigi appears and Smacks whoever Was Fighting Wario (Probably the Mario Bros) Away with His Tennis Racket.

The Splash Title Card could be “Waluigi makes it to the Party!” or “Waluigi Breaks the Mold!” Or potentially even the CLASSIC “Waluigi Appears Nonetheless!” from the Smash Bros Brawl Site Page about Waluigi’s Appearance as an Assist Trophy.

Top Bottom