• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Considering K. Rool's down B is inspired by Donkey Kong Land of all games it wouldn't be too surprising if they dug up some of Waluigi's obscure one-game-only powers.
I think it's more likely he gets a completely original moveset than just a bunch of references to random things he's done in the spinoffs, cause there's not a lot to pull from there.

His moveset doesn't really need to be inspired though. There are plenty of movesets in this game that have little to no inspiration from the source material like Captain Falcon, Donkey Kong and Wii Fit Trainer. "Moveset potential" doesn't exist and never has.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
I think it's more likely he gets a completely original moveset than just a bunch of references to random things he's done in the spinoffs, cause there's not a lot to pull from there.

His moveset doesn't really need to be inspired though. There are plenty of movesets in this game that have little to no inspiration from the source material like Captain Falcon, Donkey Kong and Wii Fit Trainer. "Moveset potential" doesn't exist and never has.
If this is bait I applaud u

but moveset potential is definitely a real thing lmao, most videogame characters have canon moves

ideally Waluigi’s moveset is based on the source material but I wouldn’t be surprised if they made up sum stuff just to flesh it out (like wario)

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
If this is bait I applaud u

but moveset potential is definitely a real thing lmao, most videogame characters have canon moves

ideally Waluigi’s moveset is based on the source material but I wouldn’t be surprised if they made up sum stuff just to flesh it out (like wario)

No it's not. Sakurai does take inspirations from the character's games a lot. But using "moveset potential" as a reason why Sakurai can't make a moveset for a character because there's not enough inspiration is just a bad argument. Captain Falcon's moveset was completely made up.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Captain Toad has been (potentially) deconfirmed which could be another good sign for Waluigi.

Take this with a grain of salt because there's a good chance that the people responding to the letter are not in the know about Smash. But it's worth pointing out.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
It's very possible the Smash Bros title is just a mistake. For example, when Sonic Colors Ultimate first got leaked, the website where it was listed had "Sonic Generations" in its URL. So I think this might just be a fluke on the website's part.
Still, the fact that the poster itself is licensed by Nintendo gives me a little more hope for the funny purple man to come home.
We also had an officially licensed Waluigi hat on Spencer’s website. It says super smash bros too. Two flukes or...?

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
We also had an officially licensed Waluigi hat on Spencer’s website. It says super smash bros too. Two flukes or...?
I think the Waluigi controller is a bigger indication for Waluigi than the poster is. The Waluigi controller is an officially liscensed product that is coming out at a suspicious time. The poster might say "Smash Bros" but there's no indication that it actually is for Smash Bros. It doesn't reference Smash at all, it's just a poster for Waluigi by a random company.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
One thing to note about the Waluigi controller:

Other than Aces, a relatively low profile release, Waluigi doesn't really appear in any Switch games that would require heavy dexterity or have fans who would want an "optimised" controller. There are admittedly also Animal Crossing and Pokémon controllers so that may not be too relevant, but looking through the PowerA controllers list most of them are either world-shatteringly marketable games/characters like Mario, Zelda, AC or Pokémon, or intense games that require quick fingers like Meat Boy; Crash; Doom; Cuphead; e.t.c.

I should also note there's no Wario controller, just Waluigi.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Speaking of the Waluigi controller, it gets released the 4th. I’m hyped to get my hands on one!
If I didn't have a pro controller, I might consider buying it. But I already have like 3 Pro Controllers, and I don't think the Power A ones are much better, they just have cooler designs.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
If I didn't have a pro controller, I might consider buying it. But I already have like 3 Pro Controllers, and I don't think the Power A ones are much better, they just have cooler designs.
I have one of their controllers (a Pikachu one) and I haven‘t had any problems with it. I just really want this cause it’s a Waluigi pro controller!

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
With the rumors of a new "Switch Pro" or new Switch model seeming to be getting more and more likely and us getting closer and closer to e3, here's this for a theory:

The influx of Waluigi merch and Especially the new Pro Controller are all part of a tie in for a Waluigi starring game/Game with Waluigi in a prominent main role that will be announced alongside the New Switch Console, and that could be what would also be used as the catalyst for announcing him for smash if he is indeed in the fighters pass As one of the 2 last dlc fighters, or that hypothetical possible secret bonus fighter that may or may not be real/happening.

Last edited:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
With the rumors of a new "Switch Pro" or new Switch model seeming to be getting more and more likely and us getting closer and closer to e3, here's this for a theory:

The influx of Waluigi merch and Especially the new Pro Controller are all part of a tie in for a Waluigi starring game/Game with Waluigi in a prominent main role that will be announced alongside the New Switch Console, and that could be what would also be used as the catalyst for announcing him for smash if he is indeed in the fighters pass As one of the 2 last dlc fighters, or that hypothetical possible secret bonus fighter that may or may not be real/happening.
I could actually see this happening tbh

WahHahaha

Smash Ace

I don't think this is possible because the Fighter Pass 2 will probably be finished way before the Switch Pro comes out judging by Sakura's "quite soon" comment. And I don't think a Waluigi game is happening any time soon, it would be a pleasant surprise if we get one, but I think it's pretty far off. It's more likely that both Waluigi and Daisy get more starring roles in Mario games and Waluigi appears in the Wario games.

If Waluigi does get into Smash, I don't think it will be long before Nintendo starts recognizing him as an actual Mario character at least.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I don't think this is possible because the Fighter Pass 2 will probably be finished way before the Switch Pro comes out judging by Sakura's "quite soon" comment. And I don't think a Waluigi game is happening any time soon, it would be a pleasant surprise if we get one, but I think it's pretty far off. It's more likely that both Waluigi and Daisy get more starring roles in Mario games and Waluigi appears in the Wario games.

If Waluigi does get into Smash, I don't think it will be long before Nintendo starts recognizing him as an actual Mario character at least.
Yeah, well that's why I also put "game with Waluigi in a prominent main role" too, cus tbh one thing I think is more likely than a Waluigi solo game is that we'll get a new Wario Land game with Waluigi as player 2, mainly cus Wario Land hasn't had co-op before and it's been a long time since the last game, so they might use the idea of co-op/multiplayer as a justification to make a new game for the new console, since Nintendo usually only brings back older ips or makes new games for franchises if they feel they can do something new/add a new gimmick.

Only problem with that theory is the lack of a Wario pro controller alongside the Waluigi one that is already out.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
So there's a spirit event for characters with hats now

There was also one for purple characters

I can't help but point out the fact that Waluigi is both purple AND has a hat. This theory might seem like a stretch but Sakurai has done spirit events that have led to certain characters.

Sephiroth has a black costume and is also a villain so maybe this could be hinting towards Waluigi.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo finally confirmed their direct is on the 15th!

It’s possible both characters could be revealed, since the last e3 direct was about 40 minutes long and both Hero and Banjo were in it.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Nintendo finally confirmed their direct is on the 15th!

It’s possible both characters could be revealed, since the last e3 direct was about 40 minutes long and both Hero and Banjo were in it.

I think that makes it more likely that a Smash reveal will close out the show. Since Banjo was shown at the 40 minute mark in the last direct. If they close out the direct with Waluigi imagine all of the hype that would cause.

It's very possible, since the last smash reveal in the 2019 direct (Banjo) was also a highly requested fan favorite. And if the direct closes on Smash it has to be something big.

Last edited:

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
So there's a spirit event for characters with hats now

There was also one for purple characters

I can't help but point out the fact that Waluigi is both purple AND has a hat. This theory might seem like a stretch but Sakurai has done spirit events that have led to certain characters.

Sephiroth has a black costume and is also a villain so maybe this could be hinting towards Waluigi.
Waluigi appears in those two spirit events (hats and purple) and he's not highlighted in either.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Waluigi appears in those two spirit events (hats and purple) and he's not highlighted in either.

Yeah but I just think it's strange that Sakurai made these 2 spirit events which both lead to Waluigi. It does sometimes seem like Sakurai has characters on his mind when making these spirit events. It could just be a coincidence though.

Another thing that could point to Waluigi is that we've gotten a fan requested character in every wave of DLC since Smash has had DLC. Steve doesn't really fit the bill since he was mainly added because of Minecraft's popularity (not Smash requests) and he's been planned for like 5 years. It's kind of hard for me to imagine Nintendo going a whole pass without a character added to please the fandom.

I guess it could be Crash, but his requests came up even later than Waluigi, and I see a lot of people predicting him so I don't know if people really want him or just think he's gonna be in.

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but I just think it's strange that Sakurai made these 2 spirit events which both lead to Waluigi. It does sometimes seem like Sakurai has characters on his mind when making these spirit events. It could just be a coincidence though.

Another thing that could point to Waluigi is that we've gotten a fan requested character in every wave of DLC since Smash has had DLC. Steve doesn't really fit the bill since he was mainly added because of Minecraft's popularity (not Smash requests) and he's been planned for like 5 years. It's kind of hard for me to imagine Nintendo going a whole pass without a character added to please the fandom.

I guess it could be Crash, but his requests came up even later than Waluigi, and I see a lot of people predicting him so I don't know if people really want him or just think he's gonna be in.
Didn’t Crash just now get a sudden urge of support just close to E3? That’s not enough time for them to decide to include him for fan demand. I don’t think he’s coming cause everyone is expecting him.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Didn’t Crash just now get a sudden urge of support just close to E3? That’s not enough time for them to decide to include him for fan demand. I don’t think he’s coming cause everyone is expecting him.
People didn't start asking for Crash until like 2019-2020. People have been asking for Waluigi since 2018. Crash's level of support wasn't nearly as big as Waluigi either and it didn't really blow up. The Smash Community have just commonly agreed that he's gonna make it in for some reason.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
People didn't start asking for Crash until like 2019-2020. People have been asking for Waluigi since 2018. Crash's level of support wasn't nearly as big as Waluigi either and it didn't really blow up. The Smash Community have just commonly agreed that he's gonna make it in for some reason.
For some perspective: before the remakes, it was generally agreed that Crash was a 3-hit-wonder. The original 3 were well respected, but after that point most people saw Crash as a washed up, unimportant mascot thanks to terrible games, most of which were either rushed to the point they couldn't live up to even half of their ideas' potential (Twinsanity, Wrath of Cortex) or made extremely questionable descisions that never could've worked even with time. (Mind over Mutant, Titans) Generally the only post-trilogy games considered good were the GBA games, XS and N-Tranced. Crash wasn't a big deal in Smash because the unanimously-agreed-on best Crash games were PlayStation exclusives for roughly 20 years. The N Sane Trilogy and CTR Nitro Fueled on Switch exposing Nintendo fans to Crash's 4 best games was the catalyst for Crash's huge Smash following today, and Crash 4 being the greatest 3D platformer ever made a hit helped significantly.

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
The Smash Community have just commonly agreed that he's gonna make it in for some reason.
I don’t understand why everyone thinks he suddenly is a lock for smash. People with that mindset are gonna be really pissed if he’s not one of the last remaining fighters.

Nobody seems to think Waluigi is gonna be one of them. Most people’s predictions are Crash or some other talked about character. It’s probably gonna end up being someone low-key knowing the way this pass has been going.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
I don’t understand why everyone thinks he suddenly is a lock for smash. People with that mindset are gonna be really pissed if he’s not one of the last remaining fighters.

Nobody seems to think Waluigi is gonna be one of them. Most people’s predictions are Crash or some other talked about character. It’s probably gonna end up being someone low-key knowing the way this pass has been going.
yeah, a lot of people are speculating based on what they want to happen instead of what is likely. It’s understandable as there are only 2 slots left and then that’s it- but it’s still weird to see characters like Master Chief being talked about again, as we’ve already had a Microsoft character in this pass he’s probably out.

I personally see Crash and Waluigi as the most likely candidates but Crash has had some weird stuff going on lately that might imply that he isn’t coming. I think that getting both of them would end the DLC perfectly.

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
I thought crash got a lot of support during the 2010s? Wasn't he already wanted for years because people remembered him as the rival of mario and sonic during the 90s so he was considered a huge pick years before?
Also, we always see the same ones that are cited for the predictions and all like master chief, crash, doom slayer, sora, rayman etc... but people want to see their favorites so of course they will mostly speculate on their most wanted, maybe even say that they are likely because we prefer to choose hope over reality. Me for example, I want waluigi and reimu hakurei and I think that they are likely to be announced during e3 with reimu in the beginning and waluigi at the end to end on a high note the presentation just like with banjo kazooie but these two characters aren't speculated as much as the others I've cited before, maybe because they aren't huge names compared to the crash and co.

And it's funny to see that when the dlcs were announced, practically everyone said that we were surely going to have these characters (and geno before he died) and right now, there are 2 characters left and none of these characters have been announced and there is no longer any chance that we gonna have all these characters.

I'm not trying to look down on crash or whatever, but did everyone agree that he will be announced or what? We got to a point where I wouldn't give a **** if he was announced since it would not be surprising at all (he wasn't really one of my most wanted in the first place so...). You could also say the same about waluigi because a lot of people kept saying that he's probably the last dlc character but it's nothing compared to people who speculate on crash, master chief, sora and stuff.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi’s reveal would be quite surprising for the community. Most of the community pretty much agrees he’s not happening and will put you down if you disagree. He is mostly wanted outside of the smash speculation scene, his deconfirm went mainstream after all.

He’s not talked about because he’s not a big name third party character. The first party dlc characters get **** from the community (Min Min, Byleth, Pyra/Mythra). So I expect there to be salt in this community when/if he shows up at E3. I’ve already seen some here express how angry they would be if he is one of them.

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
I assume most people bet on characters mostly because they like them, rather than having come to that conclusion by examining The Evidence. Originally that was the only reason I supported Waluigi for Smash, and that is in all likelihood still a big part of it for me.

But now, there is also basis for being on board with Waluigi since it seems like something is in store for him, and that could very well be Smash. I would absolutely not scorn the inclusion of Crash, but I personally haven't observed anything that would make me expect him more than others - same goes for Master Chief, for that matter. Maybe I'm missing something.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace

Waluigi was in the new Mario Golf Super Rush commercial.

Granted it was a very brief appearance but Daisy wasn't in the commercial and Mario, Peach and Toad were.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman

Waluigi was in the new Mario Golf Super Rush commercial.

Granted it was a very brief appearance but Daisy wasn't in the commercial and Mario, Peach and Toad were.
With how much they are pushing this game, and using Waluigi in promotions for this game, and with how much Waluigi merch is coming out... Considering this is all right before E3 I really think he’s going to be revealed for smash, with his Mario golf render as either the main outfit or an alt. They probably already were planning to include him but the way E3 is timed up with the release of this game, combined with how much they’ve been promoting it, it really just feels like it’s going to happen, with them also using it to further hype and promote this game.

His golf render being in smash even feels right. His outfit in that game is suspiciously more detailed than the rest of the casts’ outfits.
Edit- Wario’s is also pretty detailed/unique, but still not anywhere near to the degree that Waluigi’s is. It could just be that these two are going to play a prominent role in the game, maybe as the villains or something.

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
With how much they are pushing this game, and using Waluigi in promotions for this game, and with how much Waluigi merch is coming out... Considering this is all right before E3 I really think he’s going to be revealed for smash, with his Mario golf render as either the main outfit or an alt. They probably already were planning to include him but the way E3 is timed up with the release of this game, combined with how much they’ve been promoting it, it really just feels like it’s going to happen, with them also using it to further hype and promote this game.

His golf render being in smash even feels right. His outfit in that game is suspiciously more detailed than the rest of the casts’ outfits.
Edit- Wario’s is also pretty detailed/unique, but still not anywhere near to the degree that Waluigi’s is. It could just be that these two are going to play a prominent role in the game, maybe as the villains or something.
Remember when Paragon said he was told Waluigi would be last? And now there is Waluigi stuff happening so close to E3. I hope it happens.

Gamexplain actually got to see a preview event for super rush and Wario and Waluigi play a major role in the story mode and accompany you throughout most of it apparently.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Remember when Paragon said he was told Waluigi would be last? And now there is Waluigi stuff happening so close to E3. I hope it happens.

Gamexplain actually got to see a preview event for super rush and Wario and Waluigi play a major role in the story mode and accompany you throughout most of it apparently.
If Waluigi accompanies you throughout the story, won't this be Waluigi's first major protagonist/hero role? At least discounting the Mario Party games where any character from the roster can be the protagonist.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I sure hope so.
I just hope they don't pull a "Waluigi betrays you at the end" twist - it'd be predictable, and I prefer Waluigi as an anti-hero or minor antagonist rather than a full-on malicious villain. However, a twist where Wario and Waluigi seem to be working with the bad guys and betray them (like Dedede in Subspace) would be absolutely perfect. Heroes with no honour, y'know?

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Hey guys, just so you know. This guy has had a solid track record of leaking stuff. He hasn’t leaked anything from E3 yet, but if he leaks anything with Waluigi, be prepared. Or just ignore it if you don’t want anything spoiled. https://www.reddit.com/user/PracticalBrush12/submitted/
I've been paying attention to that guy too. But honestly I don't expect anything until like 1 day before E3. He usually leaks 1 day before the presentation happens.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo of America twitter has been quiet about Waluigi lately. Not much else to show I guess...sigh

Top Bottom